Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

It's 2021 and killer still isn't fun

SasukeKun
SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

killer was fun at the beginning, now it's just a sweatfest, all the time. It's really so aggravating that The devs in this game are so ignorant to what goes on when you're a high ranking killer.

There's too many overpowered survivor perks compared to killer perks, Some killer perk benefits are so horrible it's laugh worthy, they make you work so hard for the tiniest reward when you look at it.

Maybe if they actually balance out the way killer plays and adjust the maps so every chase isnt a loopathon, and get rid of bloodlust, it's just not fun gameplay for what it's supposed to be. I'm tired of playing spirit or some other killer that's strong, they don't actually take a look at why theres a small list of killers viaable in high ranks, it's cuz most suck eggs compared.

Comments

• SasukeKun
  • Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,189
    edited August 2021

The ultimate reward for playing killer at high rank is facing good players. Its same for survivor. facing good killers is also really enjoyable regardless of win or lose as survivor, but many survivors dislike their role in triumphing challenge.

It just sucks that majority of killers have weak powers that do not allow for killer skill expression. Part of the reason for that is casual player-base that puts out videos like "Trickster S-tier, Better than Nurse" or comments like "Wraith all-seeing blood is broken" or Deathslinger needs rework threads. dbd is way too loose that even slightest challenge is shunned upon, as result dev do not make new strong killers powers/add-ons that are 115% and they manage to do everything in their power to hinder the killers growth.

Its no surprise that there are only few killers worth playing at high ranks vs good players when new favourite survivor tag line is "The killer is boring". Strong killers are fun to play against strong survivors. weak killers are auto-loses and waste of time most of the time. They're like playing No mither for killer.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

Monstrous shrine exist the perk that remove your bloodstain when you have bloodlust exist in my opinion those 2 are worst compare to no mither but all that is an opinion.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

High level dbd is trash. You yourself said it's no fun for either side. Since high rank you will often get placed vs real sweaty teams. Or if you are high rank survivor you get placed vs sweaty killers. Non-ranked mode would fix this hopefully all the sweats, try-hards would stay on ranked mode so they face each other. It sucks being forced to only user certain perks, or be forced to play sweaty as often happens in this game high ranks.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I don't think the Devs ignore what happens with red rank killers, in fact, I'm pretty sure most of the fog whisperers are active Killer mains. They are in direct contact with the developers and often provide feedback and suggestions on changes to be implemented. It's up to them to see if they want those changes in the game or not, but ignorant I don't think they are

• bibibib8

The downside of no mither is nothing compare to be able to pick yourself up. Some player know exactly where to go down because they know certain area are bug and the killer cant pick them up just like when we had the breakdown bug no mither was in a lot of game during that time. The sad thing is you need bug to exploit the perk

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

It is apparently really hard to balance the game around high lvl and low lol play. Playing killer in red ranks is a sweatfest and not enjoyable imo. Buffing killer might make playing survivor in lower ranks unbearable.

As long as the devs don't address this and keep adding killer with lacking powers there will always be that difference in experience.

• SasukeKun

Other than the obvious ones

That is not what i said at all actually, you're twisting my post. I talk about perks in my original thread and i was pondering comparing them anyway, but i thought it would be interesting to see what other people thought. I also didn't say ever that i ONLY play spirit, i was referencing a lot of people play her because shes strong, and that there's a small list of meta killers cuz most don't compare.

You also don't have to comment if you don't wanna or like my post

• SasukeKun

This is like a person better understanding where im coming from, thanks.

• bibibib8

That the magic of this game bug make sure the player are able to use a lot of perk in different time i dont know if you played a lot after the trickster release but hook could be broken for the duration of the match with breakout so survibor were using hook offering and no mither for an easy 4 man escape

• SasukeKun

No Mither is one of the obvious weak ones...nobody really uses that one.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

Well, I mean if you go No Mither, Dead Hard, Vigil and one other perk maybe DS you could probably manage. Your grunts of pain are minimalized and you leave no blood trails as well as being able to pick yourself up and using Dead Hard at the perfect time is similar to getting hit and gaining distance with Vigil reducing the time before you can use it again. DS, Dance with me, Fixated, Urban Evasion, Flip Flop, Poised, Resilience, Soul Guard, Unbreakable, Spine Chill, Tenacity, Power Struggle...it has a lot of potential perk combinations that work with it. But that's just my opinion.

• bibibib8

Its fine honestly in this game i think fun is subjective i can have fun but it those not mean the other survivor have fun. Example i like being tunnel

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

ity can be fun as long as you font go to rank 1 where most SWF are gonna be of course. ranks means noting but is also true that most good survivors get to rank 1 if u want to have easier games dont get to there.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

Been playing since 2017 and I still have a blast as killer :) bad games? Sure....do I lose sometimes? Sure. But I still get a lot of good games.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

I mean, personally, I find playing Killer overwhelmingly stressing at times. That's mostly because I suffer from severe anxiety and playing Killer gives me a sort of "performance anxiety" because I feel other four people will judge me based in what I do during the gameplay, but that's ultimately a me thing. I do try to venture and play Killer every now and then just to break the habit of playing Survivor either for dailies that I find interesting or challenges to complete the rift.

I still do have fun in the game and tend to enjoy it more than find it stressing.

I have also found that if either side is oversweating it -- just to not find it personal and move on, there will be more matches where I get to actually play.

• SasukeKun

I'll take your word for it but i haven't heard much from Fog Whisperers or anything of the sort in a long time.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

First of all, Fun ist subjective not objective. I am really enjoying playing Killer in High Ranks in most cases. And I don't really know which super overpowerd survivor perk you mean but killers have pretty solid perks aswell. Just run Pop Goes The Wesel, Hex: Ruin, BBQ & Chili and Hex: Unduying and go Brrr.

And most Killers are indeed pretty viable in Red Ranks. At the end it depends on your skill, on the map, rng with Paletts, rng with Totems and rng with what survivors you get. Is it a casual SWF? Then it is fine. Is it your 1% competetive assweat SWF? Then sucks to be you I guess. Is it Solo Q? Let 's snack them. Even our hot snack Spirit can suck ass in some matches if you have "those" kind of games, but my man, this happens. You can be the hot ######### as clown. But please don't generelise your opinion as a fact that every killer is facing games like this. Killers got buffed over the years so much compared to the early states of dbd. I play both sides since the start of this game and can say that most killers are in a good position compared to what we were used to. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that they are balanced. We still have much balancing to face but aren't you little poor killers that can't do ######### anymore (atleast if you are not facing a competetive swf group).

• SasukeKun

but those are like all the meta perks i been usin bro

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320

Anyone who thinks DBD was better, more fun version didn’t play much back in the day. Sure, people usually didn’t know as much, but when you did find people who wanted to sweat, no thank you. Killers have so much more at their disposal, and so much less problematic aspects to the game.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364

agreed. I think surviors have a lot of GOOD perks, but only like 1 or two are actually overpowered.

• SasukeKun

okay then what's the otherside? Crap like i've been saying compared? Most killer perks aren't even "good", some are useful but the rewards on most killer perks are pathetic if you ask me.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889
    edited August 2021

For me, killer is much more fun than survivor right now except if you're playing in a competent swf (which i did during the event, it was actually fun again). But solo? Even 2-man? I'd rather play killer and lose 1 of 5 matches because i actually get a good squad. In all the other matches you have the usual DC/suicide or the survivors are just not good enough or have a disadvantage because of no comms. I win far more games as killer than i escape as solo/ 2-man.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

You're choosing to play the solo role in a 1v4 where every second and action you make can decide each phase of the game, how can it be anything other than try harding ? I would say it's much more a fact that the games just not for you or play survivor where you don't focus on escaping and more just chilling and chases then it can be a lot more relaxing and fun.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited August 2021

The maps are designed for survivors. SWF is ignored for survivors. the killers are neutered for survivors. The cosmetic store is aimed at survivors.

When the survivor q gets too long they throw a bone to the killers then take 2 steps back the next update with nerfs and new perks.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited August 2021

Nobody is saying it isn't better. Just because it is less horrible doesn't mean it is good.

I have been destroying solo squads all day, but the moment i get a premade i am lucky to get 6 hooks without changing the way i am playing. Doesn't this tell you that there is a massive problem with coms vs solo?

I want solo players to be buffed so they are as painful or near as possible to play as a swf and then start releasing actual threatening killers.

All the "good" players are stacked up on coms leaving derankers and casual / new players for solo.

The loops are numerous and braindead to accommodate rank 20s. There are still maps with huge time sinks like the small window on the groaning storehouse or the "house of pain" and the god window on haddonfield.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I see like the same 7 survivor perks every game, what are you TALKING about that there's too many overpowered survivor perks compared to killer? Also, I wouldn't exactly say any survivor perk is overpowered. Annoying? Yes, but not overpowered. Also, your argument makes it sound like most killer perks are bad and most survivor perks are good, which is not true at all.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Sounds like you are burnt out, I haven't played dbd for 3 days because of that.

I might come back soon as well but yeah, take a break if you are not having fun.

Quote from a dev "go play something else"

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

Honestly I get what you mean but to say that killer isn't the fun in the slightest is a bit of an exaggeration in my personal opinion.

I play both sides pretty equally with overall close to 3k hours and 2.4k hours on my main account so trust me when I say I play the game plenty and play alotttttt of killer since I main huntress(on console rip lol).

Killer is fun, it isn't always sweaty honestly, when you come across optimal survivors whether it's a swf or not then yeah you have to play a bit more sweaty but also you're choosing to sweat if you play to 4k, that's just my personal opinion. Of course there are periods it is constantly sweaty but I suggest you take a break then come back to it, I take breaks regularly from dbd since it's just one of those games that can hinder your fun and love for it after constant playing.

Now when it comes to perks, I really do not get why people complain about either sides perks like it's in the game and that's that, get over it lol. Do I love a killer with noed or a survivor with sprint burst etc..? No I don't but sitting there and complaining is just dumb, it is what it is.

Moral of it all is that there is immense frustrations on both sides, as a survivor you can face so much frustration too even though I do agree that survivor can be more accommodated by the core mechanics in this game. Killers might have to sweat to get a result they are happy with, but like survivors have to deal with camping and tunnelling for killers to achieve this which is not fun for them at all.

Both sides have it rough at times whether there is balancing issues or not.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Yeah, killers definitely don’t have perks as strong as survivors, corrupt, tinkerer, pop, ruin are just trash!

• SasukeKun
    edited August 2021

Congratulations you named the 4 meta perks that are still good despite the handful of crap ones killers have. Tinkerer also isn't that great, Corrupt you can easily wait out, Ruin can be turned off in 30 seconds. Pop is the only real GOOD perk and even that got nerfed from 60 seconds to 45 seconds hold

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Well I mean Ruin is ruin and will get cleanses 30 seconds into the match. Which is why most killers run ruin/pop because they know that ######### will get cleansed as soon as a survivor zones in.

• SasukeKun

Isn't worth your time because you prob have no stand able evidence to support anything other than the OP survivor main lifestyle of dbd lol

• SasukeKun

Thanks but talking about imbalances and being burnt out of a game are two different things, next.

• SasukeKun

which makes Ruin pretty much useless, why even like defend it , WOW a whole 30 seconds of nothing crap, thanks devs

• Krimbar
    Krimbar Member Posts: 200

why don't you just play something else for a week? Try Civilization or something for a refreshing change.