Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Just got salt because of Lightborn

Yep, not Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer, not Stridor-Spirit, Lightborn. I got a lobby of 4 flashlights and as I hate dealing with more than one at a time, I brought Lightborn, Starstruck, Infectious Fright, Agitation.

They were stubbornly trying to blind me again and again, didn't take a hint that they were exposed, and the game didn't go too well for them, they died.

After the match, one of them was very salty because of it, said that Lightborn is such a dumb perk and I can't play because I chose to run it. Obviously I broke some unknown rule that survivors are entitled to have their flashlight fun if they so choose.

Comments

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Same kinda thing when I play Plague and run Agitation + Iron Grasp + Mad Grit, healing builds are deleted and anyone who tries a bodyblock/sabo play will find out the hard way when 2 people are downed from full health and I walk 20 meters to the basement and still get the hook

Usually they dc and I don't get to hear their response though

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

It's number 2 on my list of perks to get on all my killer, bbq being number one to be able to farm BP with everyone.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452

I had a Jill ragequit when I kicked her blast mine gen and found her immediately xD

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I sometimes get smarter ones who figure it out pretty quickly so I've started just turning away or looking up as if I don't have it which works very well

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227

I really hate getting blinded and for that reason, I'm in the process of getting lightborn on all of my killers.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,699

I always bring lightborn if I see one flashlight cause if I don’t I get blinded maybe 5 times.

I love being able to down survivors at pallets trying to blind me lol.

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

Yeah, it can also come in handy with new RE-chapter blinding perks, although they aren't that common. This perk has turned games against 3-4 flashy lobbies from frustrating to funny as hell especially if they just stand in there and don't realize it's Lightborn.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623

I said everyone is allowed to be salty about anything they want to be salty about. It's a free world. I also said you are free to run whatever perks you want to run, or did you not see that part?

• Konnor24
    Konnor24 Member Posts: 184

Happens to me too. The amount of salt i get when playing myers, in tier 3, downing someone, picking them up only for someone to run in and try flashlight save until i down them cause i cant go blind.

A lot on this game have some pathetic entitled attitude that their plans should work and if they dont, then the killer is terrible at the game and should run "real" perks.

Just enjoy their salt, point and laugh at them. Even when they say they're not triggered, you know they are.

• TheGhostofZgor
    TheGhostofZgor Member Posts: 334

Lightborn is the best, for me any how, as flashlights are the bane of my existence as killer. It really is the tool of d bags as most just click and blind spam.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Ok...and? Are we supposed to congratulate you? Console you? Not sure what you are looking for by posting this story. End game chat is inane - always has been. I would tell you that if you didn't want to see these type of comments to disable end game chat, but I think you like the attention you get from them so.... cool.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Getting mad at a killer for running Lightborn against a 4 flashlight lobby is beyond dumb, lol.

I hate Franklin’s, it’s one of my most hated perks to face, but I can’t imagine actually complaining to a killer about running it when a) they could have run something stronger to make the match more difficult, and b) it’s usually obvious they’re gonna bring it if the lobby has 4 items and/or a key.

I can understand people having perks they don’t like facing, and if you’re a flashlight warrior I can understand disliking Lightborn. But getting mad at the person running it is incredibly silly. But then there are a lot of salty dumdums that play this game so I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539

Turn off post game chat. Don't want to read about people not loving your gameplay. Completely preventable on your part.

• Dr_Gaster
    Dr_Gaster Member Posts: 243

If they don't like it they can take it to bhvr. Let them be "salty" as you say it. I don't pay attention to anyone like that and I think it's best for everyone if we just ignore them.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

That's a first for me! Never thought the day would come when perks like that become a thing to moan about post-match! That's quite the triumph!

The best I've got was someone complaining I ran "Spies from the Shadows" because a crow helped me locate them in a locker that I "had no right to know" (yes, those were the words used).

But that's good going! Next time, see if you can get some salt for a perk like "Whispers". That's when you know you've achieved all you can in DBD :D

• Aneurysm

Baby killer needs birds to find survivors for him 😤 completely outrageous

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Yea yea yea. It's rule number 231. If you see a team with 4 Flashlights, you're not allowed to bring Lightborn or Franklin's Demise. You have to accept the blinds from those stinky survivors. Otherwise, you are considered toxic xd

Jk jk. I would use Lightborn as well. And I would enjoy it :)

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited August 2021

Perfect example of why you should play the killer you want, use the perks you want, play how you want, and not care what people say.

• Marc_go_solo

Just because baby survivor uses op Slippery Meat. 6 attempts needs a nerf😏

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 337

You brought a perk so...

Id rather a killer bring lightborn than NOED or Devour Hope. Honestly just ignore them. If I saw 4 flash lights I'd bring it too and think "aight, let's go"

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Nice.

• Aneurysm

Don't complain about OUR meta when it's obvious you run monstrous shrine on pig

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Yeah, it's not really about flashlights and Lightborn. It's that some people, whenever they lose, need to explain to you why you didn't really, really win because they're afraid that you'll feel superior to them otherwise (because they feel superior to other people when they win a game).

• Marc_go_solo

"Monstrous Shrine" is absolutely necessary and won't be nerfed until "This Is Not Happening" is removed from the game as it's so unbalanced! Also, that add-on "bandages" with 8 extra charges for first aid kit is too op. Survivors have it too easy!

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435

Very cool setting :-) Also always prefer to take lichtgeborener than franklins, although it is also always funny when survivors run directly again panic to their flashlight lying on the ground^^

And by the way, with four flashlights you also don't need an anti-gen perk, since such survivors hardly adapt generators anyway.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

It's very amusing to me how there's meta perks, great perks, bad perks, and then there are perks like Lightborn and Franklin's Demise that are designed purely to spite item/flashlight users.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    edited August 2021

Oh please, not all of us bring Lightborn to "spite" flashlight users, I equip it because it allows me to track the survivor when they attempt to blind me and it also works wonders against Flashbang and Blast Mine.

So please don't sit there and imply that flashlight users are some kind of "victim" because a perk was designed to counteract flashlights & conclude it's done out of spite.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

You're a God. Continue being a legend.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

Lightborn + Tombstone Piece On Myers for extra hilarity

• Dhurl421
    Dhurl421 Member Posts: 154

I love how some comments are being made at the fact you made this post. Saying "Don't care, just ignore post game chat" while they could have ignored this post.

Looks like those players you were against are in this forum post lol. Either way, Lightborn salt is always the best.