Is the disconnection penalty ban times to much?

KVKGoddest99mv2
KVKGoddest99mv2 Member Posts: 8
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

Let me get to say first off that disconnection penalties are a good idea. They ,in a way,teach survivors/killers to not leave a trial.

But the problem with these time bans are they take up way to much time,being up the maximum 15 minutes-48 hours.Like look at that, 48 hours, that is way to much time just for leaving a trial.I'd say a good 15 minute-1 hour is just enough to teach survivors/killers not to disconnect.Also let's be rational here 2 days just for leaving is dumb.

That's not the only problem though,not only does it take way to much time,it also means if you disconnect in any way, you will still get a ban,such as internet issue,closing the application,or simply turning off your mobile/console/PC.Sometims this can be accidental and cannot be prevented,making it unfair the survivor/killer.No one deserves to disconnect due to internet issues and then get a penalty ban.

Although this penalty ban system is a good way to teach people not to leave the trial,it needs to be heavily redone and worked on more,then again the system is completely random.

So is the disconnection penalty ban times to much? Your answer is yes.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

No.

If you aren't d/cing you won't see 48 hour penalties.

If you are currently having issues where you are getting d/c'd from games, then take a break and come back when things are more stable.

If you are hitting 48 hour bans, it is your fault.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

I mean, you'd really have to try to get your penalty that high. If someone's ruining that many games I'd say they deserve it.

• KVKGoddest99mv2

Yeah I see werw your going with and yes it is technically our faults but in my opinion it doesn't need to get the point were you can't play till 2 days and for the people that can't control or prevent them from disconnecting to get that much

But that is just the system works ee just have to do with it

• KVKGoddest99mv2

To be honest 48 hours is too much and for people who can't control them disconnecting don't deserve to have the ban,but other then that if you disconnect and you ment it it is your fault.

• Bravobro
    Bravobro Member Posts: 167
    edited August 2021

Oh that's okay as it is. I had an internet outage in 3 years and have been at 3 minutes ban. That's fair. Who logs Out for a duration no matter for what reason this is a slap in the face for all other parties involved. 2 days is okay. In other games you would be permanently banned before you reach the 2 days.

• KhaineGB
    KhaineGB Member Posts: 10,623

At this point, this is not a technical issue. You have an internet problem and disagree with the penalties, even though it wouldn't have gotten that high if you weren't leaving games (either due to bad internet or voluntarily).

This is not the place to discuss matchmaking bans and how you agree/disagree with them.

This discussion has been closed.