Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Update 2.4.0 - Unreal update performance / lighting feedback

2»

Comments

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

@Crythor said:
    Plattform PC:

Badham Preschool is very bad now. Before you could look from one side of the street all to the other side so across the entire map now you cant see very far (and its too dark) and all objects or trees are just black silouets untill you come closer. They seem not properly rendered. This needs to change the old map was way better.

Lampkin Lane: This one sucks aswell. Way too dark and you cant look very far same render issue like badham preschool.

Léry's Memorial Institute WAY too dark. Old version is far superior to the new one.

Corn maps are fine.

MacMillan Estate: basicaly fine it just looks a bit weird but not gamebreaking. I liked the old version better though.

Autohaven Wreckers: Personally i like it a bit better then before but it really isnt much of a diffrence.

Backwater Swamp: Liked the old ones better but its not too bad.

New map: Looks fine to me.

Gideon Meat Plant: couldnt test yet.

PC specs:

i5 4690k
    gtx 980 ti
    16 gb ram

Update:

Gideon Meat Plant looks fine to me.

New map: lower fps then on other maps not critical though.

Badham Preschool and Lampkin late are extremly horrible. Render issues, cant look very far and super dark. Lower fps too.

• lindechene
    lindechene Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2018

Issue: color changes
    Platform: PS4 Pro
    Monitor: 4K UHD TV by Samsung - UE40MU6170
    Map played: Lobby before the game

Details:
    The characters faces and clothing appear very bright and overexposed after the update.
    It looks like the light cast by the fire (?) is now much stronger.

Examples:

To compare some other areas captured on the same system where the light seems well balanced:

Notes:
    Afaik my personal tv settings are not affecting the PS4 Pro screenshots.
    Instead the screenshots show how it is rendered on PS4 Pro by default.
    Names were edited out in photoshop for privacy.

• Vombate
    Vombate Member Posts: 37
    edited December 2018

Updated: December 15, 2018

• Issue: Little FPS loss, game freezing constantly
    • Platform: PC
    • Map played: Mount Ormond Resort, Autohaven Wreckers (Wretched Shop)
    • Played as: The Legion, The Pig
    • Quality selected: Low with 70% resolution
    • Processor: Intel Pentium Kaby Lake 3.5 GHz
    • RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4gb (I know it's below requirements, but I played with 60 fps just fine pre-patch)
    • HardDrive: 1 TB
    • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2gb
    • Monitor: LG M1950A-PM
    • Resolution: 1360x768
    • Operating System: Windows 10
    • Player ID: 2669976a-b387-47ce-aed3-69e080b737fa

More details:

• Game freezes for several seconds when Decisive Strike activates (experienced as The Legion).
    • Game freezes for a whole second sometimes when attacking, or picking dying survivor (experienced as The Pig).
    Post edited by Vombate on
  • LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Play Station Pro. 4k. Hdr.

Lag lag lag. The new server is beyond laggy. Frame rate drops like crazy now. Ontop of that The game has been disconnecting around 50% of all game's. I tried to play 4 matches earlier and the game crashed on 3 of them. I played about 10 game's last night and me, or someone else was disconnected on at least 4 of the games.

The new map is completely unplayable on ps4. The frame rates are very choppy and all movements are very laggy. Every single time I've played the new map, it disconnects after about 5-10 minutes.

Also this isn't new, but can we please fix Kat and Agent taps hair? I thought Jeff was the metal head, not Kate. Sorry, bad joke. But for real Kate's hair is a dead give a way while it's spinning and flipping all over the place.
  • MuffinWoman
    MuffinWoman Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2018

Issue: fps loss and im frozen in place
    platform: pc
    Quality selected: ultra
    Processor: intel core i7-8750h cpu 2.20ghz 2280 mhz 6 core(s) 12 logical processor
    RAM: 16.0 gb
    Hard Drive: cant find it seems
    Graphics Card: nvidia geforce gtx 1070
    Monitor: cant find this neither windows 10??
    Operating System: windows 10 home

I'm playing on pc

survivor problems

• survivor and game freezes/lag walks whenever the killer hits me
    • survivor and game freeze/lag walks whenever I unhook anyone
    • survivor and freezes/ lag walks whenever the killers heartbeat is heard
    • game will not load sometimes and I have to restart the whole game.
    • survivors and killer lag walk(if I didn't make that clear lol)
    Post edited by MuffinWoman on
  • JishKing
    JishKing Member Posts: 1

Issue: Lag
    Platform: PC
    Quality Selected: Low (After this update)
    Problem: I am a survivor main and I've always had decent frame rate on the quality setting of Medium every since this update though, I've been playing on Low and also the textures seem blurry and the fog causes the game to drop a ton of frames and when I went to go play nurse for my daily, it was as if whenever I blinked and pushed M2 to blink again it already canceled my blink and cause me to do the glitch where you don't go anywhere with your blink and that is how bad the frame rate is and also when I'd 360 to dodge a killers swing it's nearly impossible for the following reason, 1. I am flicking my mouse which results in my camera going in a circle but when it goes in that circle it lags cause my game can't handle that because of all the new textures. 2. I'll have to stop mid spin cause I feel like my game is going to crash if otherwise and I don't wanna be a horrible teammate. Same thing also happens when I play killer cause I need to counter 360's so I flick my mouse what do you know, I stop and it freezes for 2 seconds by that time the survivor is out of sight cause they're using lightweight. I don't understand why you haven't removed sheltered woods cause it has so much fog and it's so small and it just makes you lag so much and nobody likes that map and almost everyone can agree on that statement I don't know if this is just for me but yeah I hope you fix this really soon it's making most veterans wanting to quit till then I'll keep Lagging In The Fog.

• berserk1241
    berserk1241 Member Posts: 2

Issue:FPS loss
    Processor:IntelCore i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz3.60GHz
    RAM: 16GB
    Hard Drive: 1TB + ssd 220Gb
    Graphics Card:GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor:BenQ GW2470
    Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Quality selected:Ultra
    Map played:same fps loss on any map.
    Additional Details:Frames drop every few seconds from 60 to 45-40 which lasts for a few seconds and keeps going all the time during gameplay.

• Sternhagelvoll
    Sternhagelvoll Member Posts: 2

bERSERK1241 i have the same Problem since the update. My fps Drops on any map from 60 to 45-40 fps.

• Sternhagelvoll
    Sternhagelvoll Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018

Issue: fps loss

Plattform: PC

Map played : all

Fps Drops since the new update from 60 to 45-40 fps.

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
    GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB
    Ram: 16 GB
    SSD: 256 GB

• Dirty
    Dirty Member Posts: 7

Issue: fps loss

Plattform: PC

Map played : all

Fps Drops since the new update from 60 to 45-35 fps.

Cpu: i5 4440
    GPU: GTX 750Ti 2GB
    Ram: 8GB
    SSD: 120GB

• Issue: FPS Loss
    Maps: Coldwind farm (only one I played after the update so I presume there is no difference on the other maps)
    Quality selected: Ultra
    CPU: i7-7700HQ
    GPU: GTX 1060 6GB max Q
    RAM: 8GB

Overall performance got far worse, I usually ran this game in 60+ fps with small drops, now it's 40-50 fps average.

• lindechene

Map played: Springwood - Badham Preschool Badhouse

Details:
    The chest in the Badhouse (Basement) appeared very dark.
    It seems the chest was not affected by any light placed in the environment.

Example:

• lindechene

Map played: any

Details:
    Nea Karlson cosmetic - Cloudy Skies Pixie Bob

Before the update the top hair was a shade of gray and the side hair black.

After the update the top hair seems to be black with some gray "frosted tips".

Example:

Subjective impression:
    The new version would look interesting as an additional hairstyle variant ("Frosty Tips Pixie Bob" ? ).
    But it may not be what customers originally payed for.

• BlueBlew
    BlueBlew Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2018

Issue: FPS Loss
    Plataform: PC
    Quality selected: Low
    Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.81GHz 4 cores, 8 logicals
    RAM: 6 Go
    Hard Drive: ST3750528AS 1To SATA II
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    Monitor: DELL SP2309W 2048 x 1152 (23.1")
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Map played: All of them
    Additional Details: Frames drops sometimes when skillchecks are coming (which is verrrrrrrrry annoying considering the explosion) then sometimes when I'm about to vault a window or randomly into a chase for a few seconds.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    Issue: Fps Loss

Map Played: All

Fps drops since the update of 2.4.0, and with addition of Winter Event, frames now drop in the main menu as well as making it harder to skip opening cinematic.

Specs: AMD Radeon 5000
    Ram: 8GB (I usually play on low).

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Issue: FPS drop
    Platform: PS4
    Map Played: Rotten Fields (Coldwind Farm) and the main menu
    Details: My FPS drops whenever I get a skill check while repairing a gen at the beginning of a match. It drops enough to where I miss it when I would normally hit it. On the main menu, the falling snow causes a noticeable FPS drop.

• averybadtime
    averybadtime Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2018

Maps: Coldwind farm, Springwood basement, Backwater Swamp, Yamaoka Estate, MacMillan Estate, Autohaven Wreckers
    pc specs:
    CPU: @ 4.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    GPU: NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    RAM: 8GB; 8192 MB RAM
    I have installed it on my HDD

I used to have 60 fps and now i have 40-50 and i got really big lags in the main menu (42 fps)

edit:
    i get fps lags because of the falling snow in the main menu

• zacktbh
    zacktbh Member Posts: 2
    Issue: Nea Head Cosmetics Post-Update
    Maps: Any

Details/Problem: After the recent update that added new lighting, killer, and survivor, I noticed that Nea’s 3 Pixie hairstyle cosmetics now look very weird. They look smushed and don’t even match the photo in the store. I own the Cloudy Skies Bob in which it’s most noticeable. I’m hoping this gets fixed so I can use them again.
  • Yo_you_died
    Yo_you_died Member Posts: 1
    Issue: slowing down my console and lagging voice communication during gameplay. Not finding as many games/ disconnecting from lobbies 24/7
    Map played: all
    Platform: xbox one
    It all started working fine till a day after the winter solstice, now when i start the game, it takes longer to load and i can't talk to my friends while i play because i somehow lag during the game
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited December 2018
    A small update to my earlier post (page 1).

I now had to turn down my specs to Low. Low with a GTX 1080. If had to or otherwise I can't play Killer properly with all the fps drops I get. I do hope that doesn't stay and you'll be able to fix it. Optimisation Patch for December? I do hope that wasn't it.

I generally really appreciate the new lighting, except for Lampkin Lane and Badham (too dark).
  • winterwoods
    winterwoods Member Posts: 3
    Issue: directional sound, loss of some sound, color changes
    Platform: ps4
    Map played: all
    Additional Details: some sounds lack direction and play from everywhere. from what i've noticed, when pig's jigsaw boxes laugh the sound plays like it's in the distance but lacks a sense of direction, so it's impossible to pinpoint which box it is. also, when phasewalking as spirit, you can no longer hear footsteps of any kind. another thing is the brightness and darkness; maps with lower levels are waaaayyy too dark. it's hard to see. 
  • Chuckyyo
    Chuckyyo Member Posts: 65

Issue: Too dark in dark areas
    Map played: Groaning Storehouses, Ironworks of Misery, Lery's Memorial
    Additional Details: Pretty much on all maps, you barely can see in dark corners sometimes. For Lery's, that's some of the rooms. Claudettes are basically invisible in the dark. (I played with the same settings before the update and had no issues, so it seems this is something that came with the new graphics).

• Chuckyyo
    Chuckyyo Member Posts: 65

Issue: Lower floor way too dark
    Map played: Gideon Meat Plant
    Additional Details: Same as in the post above. Following people in the lower floor is frustrating to no end because you can't see anything to save your life.

• Najemniczkas
    Najemniczkas Member Posts: 88

Issue: FPS loss
    Map played: Grim Pantry, Haddonfield, Coldwind Farm (and one more which I don't remember)
    Additional details: Before Christmas update, I didn't lose almost any fps (loss of 1-2 FPS). Now the perfomance is terrible, especially on killer (loss of 5-10 FPS, sometimes an FPS drop when getting downed or hit with Sloppy Butcher). It's not fun to play like that.
    Quality selected: Low, 43% resolution.
    Processor: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz
    RAM: 8 GB
    Graphics Card: Radeon R7 240
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit

• ChemistryPolar
    ChemistryPolar Member Posts: 1

Issue: FPS loss
    Processor: AMD A8-7650k with Radeon 7
    RAM: 4GB
    Hard Drive: Unable to Find.
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Quality selected: Low at 0%
    Map played: Can't play
    Additional details: Framerate before the update was about 30 to 40 fps

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356
    edited December 2018

Issue - Sound, especially directional sound, is busted
    Platform - PC
    Map played - All maps
    Additional details - Since the update, sound has been really messed up. Directional sound especially seems really bugged. I can't tell which direction sound is coming from anymore, which is very detrimental for killers like Spirit who rely heavily on sound when she is phasing and can't see. Now she cannot hear footsteps AT ALL and if the survivor she's chasing is injured and moaning the sound has no direction so you have no idea where it's coming from. Usually it sounds like it's underneath you.

Issue - FPS drops
    Platform - PC
    Map - All maps
    Additional details - Sometimes when I go to hit a survivor it just freezes for a few seconds and sometimes I'll be lucky and have hit them and other times my killer freezes and they get away. It's really annoying to drop frames so hard at such an important point. It happens at least one a game, if not multiple times, usually one of the first hits of the match.

Quality selected - Medium
    Processor - Intel i7 7700 @ 2.80GHz
    RAM - 16GB
    Hard Drive - Seagate FireCude 2TB SSHD
    Graphics Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
    Monitor - Lenovo Y520 standard laptop monitor
    Operating System - Windows 10
    Headset (for sound issue) - HyperX Cloud Alpha gaming headset with dual chamber drivers

• ruanjos
    ruanjos Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2018

Issue: FPS loss (all maps, pre game and loading screen
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), 4.5 GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x8)
    Hard Drive: WD blue 1tb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 8470 (1gb)
    Monitor: Generic PnP, 60Ghz, 1080p
    Quality selected: Low at 50% resolution (1080p)
    Map played: All maps.

additional information:
    i used to play on low with 100% resolution with an average of 30~35 fps on all maps
    the new updated dropped me to 18~20 fps on all maps with 50% resolution and the new winter map is worse, 12~15 fps, making the game unplayable for me..

• SPbro
    SPbro Member Posts: 2

Issue: Low FPS (all maps and even in campfire loadout area)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59GHz
    Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060
    Quality Selected: Low
    FPS (in Current Quality Selected): 55 - 60
    FPS (in Previous Quality Selected - Ultra): 20

Additional Information:
    I used to play on 60 - 70 fps on ultra, on every map. I stopped playing for a few months and I came back to it about a week ago. I noticed my FPS were abysmal so I dropped Quality to Low, still barely managed to get 60 fps. When I go game, during chases or what not I drop FPS to 50 or even lower. I reinstalled the game, checked integrity of game files and nothing works.

• StaticAlex_YT
    StaticAlex_YT Member Posts: 6

@Yucchi said:
    Don't bully my PC fellow teammates ;-;
    Issue: FPS drop, Lighting change upon entering buildings/rooms, audio
    Procesor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i3-4360 CPU @ 3,70 GHz
    Hard drive: 422/736
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti & Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600
    Monitor: Generic PnP
    Operating System: Windows 7
    Quality selected: Medium
    Map played: Haddonfield, Yamaokas Estate, Lery's Memorial institute, Father's Campbell Chapel
    A.D: Survivor screams sound as if they got hit right in front of us when you actually look in their direction; Survivor auras no longer look human - they look like little sploges of yellow

It May Be The OS You Are Using, Maybe Getting Windows 10 Could Help :/ Idk

• StaticAlex_YT
    StaticAlex_YT Member Posts: 6

tbh i use Nvidia GeForce Now So I Rarely Experience Any Issues

• Habibkanj
    Habibkanj Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2019

Issue FPS loss throughout the entire game
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @2.8GHz
    64 bit
    Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060
    16 GB RAM
    Operating system: Windows 10
    I used to be able to play at 60 fps on any quality and all maps worked fine up until like 2 days ago , i updated by graphics card and I dont know whats going on , it barely plays at 10-15 fps which is completely unplayable.
    Any other information needed ?
    Edit : the problem didnt happen because of the graphics card , what i meant to say is that im sure that my drivers are updated .

• Kxneki1337
    Kxneki1337 Member Posts: 4

Issue: laggy skillchecks and invisible pallets
    Map played: laggy skillchecks: All | Invisible pallets: Coldwind farm
    Additional details: The skillchecks are sometimes 20-40 fps which makes it pretty hard to hit a great one
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR PC
    Quality Ultra and 100% (I tested it on lowest settings too)
    Processor: Ryzen 5 2600x @ 4.2 ghz
    RAM: 2x 8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz ddr4
    Hard Drive: Crucial MX500 CT250MX500SSD1Z and WD Black 2 TB(both tested)
    Graphics Card: gigabyte nvidia geforce gtx 1060
    Monitor: Samsung U24E590D

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

Issue: Drop FPS
    TV: Sony X705E 49' 4K HDR
    Map played: Ormond Resort
    Additional Details: After the 2.4.1 update it is very blunt the drop of FPS on that map which becomes unbearable to play.

• shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163
    edited January 2019
    Issue: Some maps got so dark that I cant see barely anything.
    Especially on myers/freddys maps
    Platform:PC

And yes I already turned the brigthness of my monitor to maximum
  • MPGamer18
    MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124

Issue: Graphic downgrade
    Platform: Xbox One X
    Display: 1080p and 4K

When you first updated the engine, the graphics were improved on Xbox One X from before however there was noticeable shadow boxes on characters and in darker areas and LOD rendering issues. When you added the Holiday Event, those shadow boxes were gone and the overall image quality was crisper and the LOD was greatly improved.

Now that you reverted back to the normal look, the shadow boxes are back and the overall image quality is back to before the event and the LOD issues have returned and are quite noticeable again.

• Twitch_DyingLucidly
    Twitch_DyingLucidly Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2019

@Bogdan69 said:
    Issue: Low FPS
    Processor: Intel® Core™i3-5005U 2.00GHz
    RAM: 4GB RAM
    Hard Drive: SSD 125GB
    Graphics: nVidia GeForce GT 920 2GB
    Monitor: LAPTOP
    Quality selected: Low
    Map Played: All maps.

I already have bad FPS in game, like 30fps, but now on most of the maps it drops a lot, maybe some optimization please, it will be nice, ty.

More than likely due to you not really even meeting the minimum requirements for 60fps on low, try moving over to windows ten or taking the initiative to spend around 20-40$ on some RAM, it's easy to install you can find multiple websites on it.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Issue: Bright lights alike the old flashlight blind and random colours
    Platform: Xbox one
    Map played: all and kyf lobby
    Additional details

I have been witnessing issues withthe lighting (especially exit gates) having a bright light blocking my view, and any survivor going through it I lose the chase due to this issue, the random colours will appear while on sides of hills and exit gates are usually purple/pinkish colour, map barriers are also appearing white-ish

If we are allowing use to show proof I have pictures of this issue happening several times

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

LF chainsaw idle is way to loud and it's driving me crazy REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• DaexValeyard
    DaexValeyard Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2019

Map played: All
    Additional details: Swamp is the worst map by far. Overall Framerate: 42 FPS. Frame Latency: 18.7ms

Additional information for PC:
    Quality selected: Medium, Fullscreen 1080p. Resolution 85%

Processor: i7-4770 @ 3.4GHz
    RAM: 16 GB DDR3 2400MHz Dual Channel
    Hard Drive: Sata III 2TB 7200RPM 64MB cache
    Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX970 CLK: 1521MHz MEMCLK: 8000MHz
    Monitor: Asus 1080p 60Hz
    Operating System: Windows 10 1809

• MrCandyKiller
    MrCandyKiller Member Posts: 41

Map played: All
    Additional detalis: Sometimes i have small lags while in game as surv/killer (generally in chase), but I have also 1-2 really massiv lags per game. After one of those lags, everything looks like somehow graphics were set to low. Very clearly visible pixels etc. Even if my graphics quality is set to high. After few seconds it's comming back to normal again.

Quality selected: Ultra (but now I'm playing on High. I still have lags as mentioned earlier, but game is playable. If I change to Ultra, there're too many lags so game is unplayable)
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20 GHz
    Hard Drive: ST1000DX001-SSHD-8GB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2233SN Plus - LCD monitor - Full HD (1080p) - 21.5"
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

• Serpent
    Serpent Member Posts: 1

It looks like i am the only one experiencing this but my games are crashing several times a day now. The error message I am getting is posted below. I have updated my nvida driver. I am running an intel i7 4200, geforce gti 10801, 24mgs RAM, Windows 10 Pro, quality at Ultra.

Fatal error: [File:Unknown] [Line: 826]
    Rendering thread exception:
    Fatal error: [File:Unknown] [Line: 200]
    Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

0x00007ff820d7a388 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4535da9 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e44bf7fb DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4487fd8 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e494065e DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4941844 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e492d161 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4938dc8 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4c1f521 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4c44f46 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4c4f3d7 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4c3ac99 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4c4c0bd DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e49f92f9 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4c0e5d7 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4c001a8 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e43fd621 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4d6e9d2 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4d6ea58 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e450b5e7 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff6e4508b8c DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff8247a3034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff824a03691 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

• 1reaper18
    1reaper18 Member Posts: 19

The game is causing my entire pc to crash (sometimes blue screen, sometimes just frozen), happens several times a day. I may play 4 or 5 matches before it crashes. I used to play at medium settings prior to the unreal engine update and the game ran flawlessly. I now play the game on low settings and it crashes very often. According to HWInfo my temps are good on my video card and processor. CPU and Ram usage is below 70% but GPU usage is around 95-100%.

PC: Windows 10 Home
    Graphics: nvidia gtx 970
    Processor: I5 6600
    Ram: 16 GB

• mistahdylan
    mistahdylan Member Posts: 2

FPS Loss
    Processor: i7-6700 2.6GHz
    GPU: GTX 970M
    Maps played: all
    All qualities tried, no difference from ultra to low.

• TheRealSlimShady
    TheRealSlimShady Member Posts: 79
    edited January 2019

Issue:Blurred/Rubber-like textures on Low and sometimes on Medium too
    Platform:PC/Steam
    Map:All
    Quality Selected:Low
    Additional Details: Ever since i started playing DBD,last year,i've always played on Low graphics,reason being that the game looks brighter,sharper and has HORRIBLE performance from Medium-Ultra,i've never had this issue with these extremely blurred rubber-like textures that i'm having ever since the engine was updated,some matches are completely bugged like the image,others only from a far distance,it fixes when i set it to Medium,but i can't play because the fps and graphics look horrible on higher settings,i'm just not playing with these bugged graphics because i feel like i'm playing a PS1 game lol

It usually get worse when the whole map have these bad or pre-loaded textures and it stays that way till i restart my game,it's not bad enough that i have to restart my game due to infinite loading screens..i really want to play but i'm just not motivated to play the game like this

PC Specs:
    GTX 750 1 Giga
    8 GB Ram
    1 Tera HD
    I5 3330 3.00 GHz
    Win 7 Professional

• Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237

Additional details: Lighting on the older maps looks absolutely terrible. Macmillan looks like it has multiple floodlights shining on it. Autohaven Wreckers is covered in a foggy green miasma, and Coldwind Farms maps look like they've been sprayed with Agent Orange. The new Ski Lodge map looks fantastic, however. The overall brightness of all the maps makes scratch marks extremely hard to see, as previously I relied on contrast of their brightness to discern them. Additionally, the game becomes very dark when going indoors.

Basically this. I left the game because of it. Dark places are too dark, and bright places are too bright. In particular, the lighting by the log pile on Macmillan's is so much my eyes squint.

• TheRealSlimShady
    TheRealSlimShady Member Posts: 79

@TheRealSlimShady said:

Issue:Blurred/Rubber-like textures on Low and sometimes on Medium too
    Platform:PC/Steam
    Map:All
    Quality Selected:Low
    Additional Details: Ever since i started playing DBD,last year,i've always played on Low graphics,reason being that the game looks brighter,sharper and has HORRIBLE performance from Medium-Ultra,i've never had this issue with these extremely blurred rubber-like textures that i'm having ever since the engine was updated,some matches are completely bugged like the image,others only from a far distance,it fixes when i set it to Medium,but i can't play because the fps and graphics look horrible on higher settings,i'm just not playing with these bugged graphics because i feel like i'm playing a PS1 game lol

It usually get worse when the whole map have these bad or pre-loaded textures and it stays that way till i restart my game,it's not bad enough that i have to restart my game due to infinite loading screens..i really want to play but i'm just not motivated to play the game like this

PC Specs:
    GTX 750 1 Giga
    8 GB Ram
    1 Tera HD
    I5 3330 3.00 GHz
    Win 7 Professional

So,any words on this devs? this is still a thing,game looks like sht

• MikeyT
    MikeyT Member Posts: 2

Map played: All maps
    Additional details

Additional information for PC

Quality selected : Low
    Processor : 8700k @ 5.0GHz
    RAM : 16GB DDR4 3200 CL14
    Hard Drive : Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe
    Graphics Card : MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X (8GB)
    Monitor : Acer XF270HU IPS 2560x1440
    Operating System : Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809

Pre unreal engine update, I got 190FPS constant in game on any map. Now the max I can get is about 130 in game with dips to 100 in certain circumstances or certain maps.

I am having issue with the latest 2.5.0 update too with the basement glitch (enter basement and unable to leave). I believe I have resolved this issue by locking my FPS to 60 but I am hoping this issue can be resolved as I much prefer playing with higher frames.