The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Thoughts on Yellow Glyphs?

I personally had a lot of fun with that challenge haha

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I opened my first glyph in a chase and saw skillchecks flying and didn't know what to expect, so even with the killer cheering me on it ended with him picking me up while I was down so I had to try again later.

Once you know it's a skillcheck blitz it's pretty cool, neat to see them trying different things.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Love them!

Kind of wish the devs mad a killer perk that would make those kind of skill checks appear on gens for afflicted survivors.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

Overcharge buff? Man could throw a cooldown on it and it would make it so awesome haha.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

They finally added something that can make skillchecks more fun and engaging. That's what this game needs right now - Different types of skillchecks and other minigames while interacting with objectives.

Hell this could be a skillcheck minigame for the killer perk Overcharge.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    edited August 2021

They're fun as hell and I would love for the devs to recycle their skill checks for another mechanic. Hell, if they were used for generators, I wouldn't mind at all.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I hope we see more of those

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

Fun as hell! I hope they make skillchecks slightly larger and maybe speed it down a bit and then replace struggling on the killers shoulder with that instead. Or even as people suggested, make it a small Overcharge minigame

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

Understand others have fun, but at least for me on console interacting with one causes frames to drop, causing game to freeze, forcibly failing the skill check, causing me to be unable to complete it. Pretty frustrating that the devs are that tone deaf that after almost two months of them taking their time to barely fix frame rate issues they'd release a challenge like this

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,950

I have terrible reaction times but hey they were neat

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

Funnest glyph out of all of them, even just seeing the yellow glyph appear in game makes me feel like eating it bc it reminds me of mangoes/pineapples

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

10 outta 10 would do it again. I want more yellow glyphs.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

Loved them myself.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

Love them. Killer perks that require survivors to hit certain kinds of skill checks should be reworked to allow for them. Could make them better for killers and more engaging for survivors.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

What yellow glyphs?

I have the challenge selected, it says having the challenge active will spawn yellow glyphs, but I have yet to see them (in my 4 matches as killer, so far)

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

I think they're survivor only glyphs. Usually red is both killer and survivor, but other colors are survivor only. Can't say for certain though, since it doesn't say in the description of the challenge that its survivor only.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,043

The Skill Checks are nice and I see them being used with other Interactions (like Overcharge).

However, I dislike Glyph-Challenges, they are boring and basically "Play X games" where "X" means "number of games until you find your Glyphs". So while the Skill Checks are cool, they dont make me hate Glyph-Challenges less.

• Nos37

Okay, having now completed a Yellow Glyph, I think I like it.

I wonder if these Yellow Glyphs are to test a possible change to Brand New Parts...

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

I like them

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

They actually do respawn.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1107775181?t=6h33m54s

At 06:34:00 my friend fails her Yellow Glyph at 06:35:20 you can see another one appear.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

It's fun if you can found them. That the only issue i have with them. I missed a lot of interaction on the last skill check because i thought i did all 6 but did only 5...

But then i had to roam the map an other 2 minutes to found it again. I don't mind for the red and blue, but the yellow should always spawn in the main building if the map has one.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,915

I wish the glyphs had consequences, like wounding you if you fail or something.

• Nos37

This is why I think totems should behave this way, so that they have to be sought out, and not spotted from halfway across the map

• Adeloo

do you mean : have skills check or spawn in main building/obvious spots ? Because i don't think either are good ^^

• Nos37

What I mean is:

Totems (Dull or Hex), should not be visible at all until the survivor is within 8 meters of it, at which point it fades into existence and can be interacted with.

This wouldn't affect reading the auras of totems, but it would stop them from being visible from halfway across the map without auras.

• Adeloo

oh i see what you mean ! yeah why not i guess it could be tried in a PTB !

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

They're Survivors only as you have no key for skill check as a Killer.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

My first yellow glyph surprised me with skillcheck that I missed. On second try I figured it's a complicated skillcheck. On third try I closed the glyph but I knew it was a luck. With second yellow glyph I wasted 4 or 5 tries to close it.

Yellow glyphs are fine. But I would like its skillchecks was filled white or at least capped from bot sides. I don't like how skillchecks without white zone look. Same as Autodidact skillchecks.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

You know what's especially fun with Yellow Gliphs? Do them while playing against a doctor.😆

Yellow Gliphs while on Madness 2 are amazingly challenging. I felt like the first time i saw old Ruin Skill checks on a Generator. A shame i had only 3 chances to try before I had to bail from the trial.

I should not have finished the challenge and kept it for future matches waiting for another Doctor 😥

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

Would make a cool Boil Over style perk. Get a flurry of skill checks and each one knocks an additional 5% off the wiggle meter, but if you fail one you get 'stunned' and it pauses the wiggle meter for a few seconds.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I've had 3 goes and got close. I keep missing the 3rd one. Doesn't help when the killer is being looped about 10 yards away 😅

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

maybe they could rework overcharge to be like the yellow glyphs

• Michi
    Michi Member Posts: 120

I still think that hex: lullaby should spawn an additional skillcheck for each token it has (max 6)

So basically whenever a skillcheck that is not caused by lullaby happens, more will spawn (depending on how many token you have + with the delayed Sound I can imagine that it could be good challenge and make this perk hex worthy)

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I liked the yellow glyphs. I found it hard to see the skill check wheel when it was empty -- so maybe I need to adjust my settings or something -- but they were very fun.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
  • Scream_Queen865
    Scream_Queen865 Member Posts: 110

I loved it! At first try I thought Lord I'll never get this but crushed it both times the next time around. I wish they would implement this one way or another!

• Looney
    Looney Member Posts: 16

Oh I meant that they wouldn't respawn in another random place on the map if you do fail. That's mainly the annoying part of it because you basically have to run around the map again to finish it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Good for the game, would like to see a permanent implementation.