Least favourite chapter?

Options
2ยป

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

I am merely sharing my opinion, per OP's request. Please don't answer like that.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

Binding of Kin and Ghostface.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628
    Options

Ive been around since last August-September. I've enjoyed the style and design of all the chapters in some way

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497
    Options

I honestly don't blame them. I didn't mind All-Kill, but K-Pop is of the same calibre as anime: quite overhyped and almost disgusting in essence, given its track record for that 'fanboy' attitude and the flamboyant nature of the music. I don't particularly fancy over-the-top, dramatised pop, so I can see where problems arise.

• TerrorUnleashed
    Options

What is your problem? @GeneralV were simply giving their opinion on the matter, and the matter that was requested as per the thread creator's intentions. What makes you think your garbage excuse of an 'opinion' matters more than another person's? Please, just quit it.

• TerrorUnleashed
    Options

Curtain Call or A Lullaby For the Dark.

Clown is really quite bland, Campbell's didn't blow my mind spare its lore implications, and Kate was quite boring to me... As for Lullaby, I've never particularly fancied Huntress' rather monotone playstyle, and David is also pretty disinteresting. Red Forest is quite good however.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Ash's chapter. MoM broke the game. The devs knew it was going too and they released it anyway. They knew it would shake up the meta and survivors would jump on it like flies to poop. Or the devs had no idea because they dont play their own game. Either way, they screwed up.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,793
    edited August 2021
    Options

I know I answered earlier but the ghostface chapter not fun to play and you only got 2 good perks that chapter and also survivor for that whole period was boring because nothing was really added

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

The last 3 chapters have been the worst in dbd history imo.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

Ash was not a chapter, it's a paragraph. The only reason people are saying Ghostface here was because it's listed as a chapter, but Ash was a paragraph (Ash if officially listed as Paragraph 3, Ghostface is listed as chapter 12. No one knows why it's weird like that.)

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

All-Kill, all the way.

The killer is garbage. His power is garbage. His design is garbage. His lore is garbage. His shoes are garbage. His perks are decent tho

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Binding of Kin was by far the most horrendous, poorly thought out and poorly executed chapter.

They created a killer that performs in an inefficient manner but excels in the gameplay survivors find the least enjoyable.

Luckily they could be purchased with shards because I was not spending money on them.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 893
    Options

Darkness among us was probably the worst chapter imo. I don't hate Binding of Kin do to the fact that it gave us some pretty cool perks to work with.

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568
    Options

Too bad, I was binge playing a different game that time the chapter was out

• ZonkyWizard
    Options

I remember everyone assuming that it was going to be Pinhead that time... Was funny.

• ZonkyWizard
    Options
  • GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options
  • ZonkyWizard
    Options
  • _Aleksi
    _Aleksi Member Posts: 11
    Options

Definitely binding of kin. Others are fine, I don't really have any favourites either.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Chains of Hate (it gave us Deathslinger, Dead Dawg Saloon, and Breakable Walls. Zarina is the only redeeming factor of this chapter).

Binding of Kin (Twins could be deleted tomorrow and I wouldn't feel a thing, the perks are garbage, Elodie is the only redeeming factor).

All-Kill (the perks are nice but it bringing Trickster's power into dbd is genuinely unforgivable no matter what).

Darkness Among Us (I played through Old Legion and I played through the bug that made killers completely invisible except their red stain. The bug that still exists today. Jeff is awful, the map is awful, and always has been, and the perks are awful. The only thing that redeems it is that I don't hate everything here combined enough to top Trickster, Twins, or Slinger).

Honourable mention to Shattered Bloodline for bringing in Spirit but, considering this was the last chapter that worked upon initial release (I think it was one of the least buggy times in dbd history, ironic considering DAU was next) I have to forgive it.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Twins, Blight, Trickster. They all kinda meh. Nemesis is incredibly fun tho

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

All Kill, killer is a mistake and should have never seen the light of day

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Binding of kin and All Kill

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    edited August 2021
    Options

The whole zombie bit at the start was honestly a really bad take, sorry. Either way, we still have Ghost Face as a killer in the game, because the importance of the person under the mask is ike Spider-Man: anyone can wear the mask.

• DrStone
    DrStone Member Posts: 132
    Options

The Binding of Kin.

Maybe I just hyped myself up to a totally different killer, but The Twins feel so boring to me. There also wasn't a new map and yeah I know. People will say why do you want more maps when we get stuff like RPD, but I think the chapter would be much more exciting for me if The Twins came with a cool old village map or something.

The only good think from the chapter is Elodie. She's badass.

• DrStone
    Options

Saying K-pop or anime is "disgusting" because of the fanboys is just wrong.

I get it if the style isn't your tea, but at least say it's the fandom that's problematic. I don't listen to K-pop but this is how I see things. I don't mind the genre itself.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Cursed Legacy.

I dislike playing as and against Oni. Yui's character is irritating. I am not fond of the Japan maps.

• KweenPlease
    KweenPlease Member Posts: 305
    Options

The FNAF chapter, if it happens. :/ I really love this game but I'm not getting face-camped by a stupid animatronic bear in a pizzaria.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Gotta be Darkness Among Us still.

Teaser was so misleading.

• Didiez
    Didiez Member Posts: 51
    Options

Probably the Ash vs Evil dead chapter. Don't get me wrong, I love Ash, but man his perks are so useless nowadays. I remember when MoM was a must-have perk since it always blocked the 4ยบ hit. But then it got nerfed to a point where you need to rely on the protection bug action to actually work. The Buck up, it's so rare to killers slug so no, it's not useful. Flip flop is the only one that I had fun using, but also it's very rare to be used. Just letting you know, useful perks are the ones that you are almost going to use in all matches. exhaustion perks, prove thyself, deception, even saboteur is useful, because you're going to use to see hooks and be able to sabotage hooks to save your teammates.

• oh_salutations
    oh_salutations Member Posts: 212
    Options

Why/How is your avatar so zoomed-in, I've never seen it like that before

• Didiez
    Didiez Member Posts: 51
    Options

I DON'T KNOW ๐Ÿ˜‚. I started using the forum in 2019. I did not change my avatar since that time.

• TerrorUnleashed
    Options

Mate, your name is DrStone. That would scare most people. People are entitled to their opinions, and that's mine. It's fair, it has foundation, but ultimately (and most incremental of all), it's my own.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Twins.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

Way to ignore most of my entire post, telling me Ghost Face is spider man.

But anyway, you know who isn't Spider-Man. Mary Jane Watson (Sidney Prescot), one's of the games most wanted survivors, and is to this day, probably still attacking DBD Twitter with fan cams. Sure, we may have gotten a Spider Man chapter with Spider Man, but a lot of people also wanted Mary Jane to come in the chapter yet we didn't get her. Because of this chapter basically ruining paragraphs, I don't see the devs revisiting the Spider Man license to give a paragraph of Mary Jane.

This is why I despise this licensed chapter, it gave us a terrible killer (my personal opinion, I'm happy you enjoy him enough to have him in your name), gave us bad perks (Thrilling Tremors being the exception, but even then a lot of people don't use it), cut ties with the rest of the Scream Franchise (might be pessimistic, but I don't see Sidney or Randy ever getting in. Ever, not even as legendary skins), and it was supposed to be the celebration of the 3rd Year of Dead by Daylight yet was terrible at it.

• Alma_Llama
    Alma_Llama Member Posts: 6
    Options

Definitely Binding of Kin. Can't see myself using either character. Personally, the only good thing I can think of is diversion lol

• ZonkyWizard
    edited August 2021
    Options

Maybe that's how the avatars looked like back then on the forums? Now it's slightly zoomed out

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

I hate the Plague and her map... I don't care if it's survivor-sided or not, every time I load into the weirdly recycled temple map I audibly groan. Plague is just so zzz... and I feel like I always get them as soon as I put on a healing challenge.

• ZonkyWizard
    Options

I don't mind her chapter but I'm always running Iron Will so... Getting her is a definite "meh"

• DrStone
    Options

You can have an opinion without being condescending and looking down on others.

• TerrorUnleashed
    Options

Oh wow... can you really? Sounds like someone just purposefully misconstrues everything because they like to victimise themselves while demonising others. Fun fact kiddo: I wasn't being 'condescending' in the slightest. Guess you just want it that way.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited August 2021
    Options

Binding of Kin,Super boring ugly looking killer + buggy as hell and it was released during Christmas Time and we had this muddy snow waiting screen instead of Christmas lights as usually

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited August 2021
    Options

Darkness Among Us - Legion was the most half baked Killer idea. Teenagers running around getting energy drink highs and being annoying. The map and Jeff are good though, just wish Jeff wasn't so loud.

Nightmare on Elm Street - Old Freddy was a miserable, boring, no skill involved, and weak mess. Reworked Freddy was a super over loaded Killer that was still no skill involved. Also not sure how anyone can bash outfits of other characters when Freddy is wearing what he is wearing. Quentin was also a goblin addition for so long and took so long to fix.

Curtain Fall - Just a waste of the Clown theme. Could of been a lot more interesting.

Saw - Overall a uninteresting Killer and Survivor with a garbage map.

• DrJohn
    DrJohn Member Posts: 223
    Options

Resident Evil. Game was completely unplayable in console also ######### RPD

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Either Binding of Kin or Ghostface. Binding of Kin destroyed the game and Ghostface is too inconsistent.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582
    Options

My Number 1 is easily Binding of Kin. I think Elodie has interesting lore, but the chapter didn't interest me in the slightest. I don't care for the Twin's perks, playstyle, or story, and I wasn't interested in Elodie's perks either.

I also think RE is a bit disappointing- bugs and console issues aside- since Nemesis has a pretty meh power and the zombies are so insanely unreliable on both sides.

For older chapters though, while Ghostface was fun, I do think his launch was super disappointing because of how awful he was on PTB and continued to be for a hot second on live before he got a lot of well-needed changes.

I'll also give an honourable mention to Blight's release, because he had a really nasty add-on for a hot second there and he brought on one of my least favourite metas of Ruin Undying. Otherwise though, love the chapter.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,997
    Options

binding of bugs