Hey. Bhvr. What did you do to Dead Dawg Saloon?

Options
DwarvenTavern
DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

Um. Yeah I'm just gonna say it.

In a heavily time managed role, breaking all the walls seems pretty... how you say... extremely awful? Especially with the new 2/2 system.

Seriously. So, for those who don't know, they changed the fun stupid pointless bedroom in Dead Dowg's saloon and created an infinite.

Yeah.

Okay, I thought the goal was to originally diverge away from infinites, because of how heavily unbalanced they were, however they're making a come back.

Why on God's green shattering earth are they making a comeback? I thought we learned our lessons about infinites.

But, you can counter this infinite by breaking walls, every wall in the saloon, the one at the killer shack and some other closer walls to avoid making the infinite.

So in other words, like 75% of walls on that map. It's a pretty big amount. In fact. A huge chunk of time wasted by breaking all the walls on that saloon. There's like 8 walls in that general vicinity, each one takes about 2.6 seconds with a normal kick. So that's 8 × 2.6, which is about 20.8 seconds. And that's without calculating how many seconds it takes our happy asses to get around to each wall and then eventually the gen. This is pretty bad decision.

So we lost a gen already, since it takes 80 seconds to complete by YOURSELF without any modifiers. Now you add those modifiers and see how many they can complete fast.

Or

We purposely lose that chase in particular, to chase someone else who could also potentially use that.

I don't think m1 killers should suffer for this, m1 killers whom can't slowdown a chase.

Look.. I know this seems like a lot of "whataboutism" but, I'm a believer of Murphy's Law.

"If something can go wrong. It will go wrong."

And this change seems like something that's pretty wrong.

I know I'm bitching a lot. But. Wouldn't it be better to.. I don't know... NOT make an infinite and instead focuse on reworking the map for the better on both sides instead of needing a decent perk to help get through an already bad situation? Like, a perk to deal with no decent loops, or perks to stop too many GOOD loops?

Examples being: Sacrificial Pit and Coldwind

Doesn't that at least make more sense than forcing either side to make awful plays to at least have a chance to deal with either side?

This feels like a one step forward two step back situation.

Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. Tell me in the comments, I've had a few people skim a post and just say whatever so I kind of expect it to happen again.

Here's a youtube link with a friend of mine. Apologies for my awful sounding voice, I've been getting more and more sick recently and I have no clue why.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnjsx-ZsL3Y

Post edited by DwarvenTavern on

Comments