Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DC Penalty

Thanks for reinstating the DC penalty. I just had 2 rounds in which survivors were working with the killer preventing me from dying or completing gens so I was unable to exit the game. So I had to disconnect, now I can't play the game because of your dc penalty.

HOW ABOUT YOU FING FIX THE REASONS PEOPLE HAVE TO DC INSTEAD OF PUNISHING THEM FOR THE ACTIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE??? GET A FING CLUE

Comments

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Source engine has an in-game demo recording feature. One simple console command to start recording and another one to stop. Both commands can be bound to keys.

But that's in Source Engine, which was released in 2004. We are in 2021 now, we live in the Dark Ages, how can we have these forgotten miraculous technologies of the Ancients? We can only dream of them.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited August 2021

I'm not saying the system is perfect, I'm just saying it's there, and DCing doesn't help. The mods can't act on reports that aren't sent.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
    edited August 2021

You didn't have to disconnect. You choose to disconnect. Not every match is going to be optimal.

As for what the other survivors were doing can you be more specific. You had a match in which the survivors were helping the killer so you disconnected then after the 5 minute DC penalty elapsed you got into a second match in which the survivors were once again helping the killer so you disconnected again? It's not that often I have a match in which survivors are helping the killer. Even more rare that you would have two matches in a row.

Even so you that is only two disconnects so your penalty wouldn't be more than 15 minutes.

• missionnhunter
    missionnhunter Member Posts: 39

I did report them. @jaredlxxiii chose to disconnect - rather than be stuck in game for half an hour? Is that even a choice? Yeah 15 minute penalty sucks because there's literally no way to avoid it - either I'm stuck in a round unable to play and unable to leave, or I DC and I'm still unable to play. All because of the actions of others and because the devs have created the situation.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

It wasn't the devs per se that created these circumstances but players themselves (of course not all) that did.

You might've seen the massive increase in DCs when the penalties were off during the event and I don't mean the crashes but the increase in DC AFTER they shut it off. Of course part of that were people that took the liberty to quit laggy/stuttering games but it kept increasing even further.

That was the state the game was in before the penalty were first implemented. Most rounds never played out to the end without atleast one person dcing. And most often only for petty reasons like not liking map, killer (especially funny with old object of obsession and swf instant dcing) or time until first gen/down/hit or some other way the trial didn't go their way. And the game had less bugs in those times so dlthat couldn't have been a reason then.

Those people were the reason that those penalty had to be implemented in the first place.

• missionnhunter

YAY game updated then crashed mid round, giving me another DC penalty. awesome thanks devs

• TheDraco
    TheDraco Member Posts: 23

A distinct behavior difference I noticed is that instead of survivors DCing the second they see RCPD, Now survivors collect crows.

• missionnhunter
    edited August 2021

it's not once out of a thousand games, not even close. I report when there are crashes and when people destroy the game, nothing ever happens, I doubt bhvr even reads reports. Just had a round where no one would play the game, now I'm at 15 minute timeout because I was unable to leave rounds combined with 2 rounds where the game just crashed.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

Dc'ing is toxic .... ? Sure it's an ass move to do / selfish thing to do but toxic? I think that's stretching it just a bit.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

This is the response you get on a ticket that you attach a screenshot of the reports as proof;

Hello,

Thank you for your report.

I have tried to investigate this for you, but have been unable to see an in-game report sent about this matter. In order for me to look at this in more detail, I would need to view the full chat log from end-game chat which would have been contained in that report. Unfortunately this means I will not be able to process your request. I am sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

In the future, please ensure you report offensive behaviour via our in-game report system.

---

The Dead By Daylight team:

Honestly maybe its time people made a thread on the forums of the support team not performing adequately that's probably also causing a majority of these issues with the game (especially letting all the toxicity go unabated). I have seen people actually be told to "get good" by dbds support (in the nicest way possible of course).

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

HOW ABOUT YOU FING FIX THE REASONS PEOPLE HAVE TO DC INSTEAD OF PUNISHING THEM FOR THE ACTIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE??? GET A FING CLUE

I understand where you are coming from but my personal expierences with were quite different and probably the main reason for the DC penalty.

When the DC penalty was turned off there was almost every game a survivor who disconnected. The reasons were: downed too fast, getting outplayed or not enjoying the game/killer.

The majority of the player base has a mentality of giving up easily if something doesn't go their way.

And that's exactly why we still need the DC penalty.

I know that it sucks in cases where you really would have a good reason to DC but then just take the 5 minutes and move on. Not every game is like the one you described here.

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

Yeah in circumstances it sucks and I do believe personally there should be at least 1 dc exception per day that excludes a penalty for scenarios like this.

However, be angry at a lot of other people for dcing for no absolute reason or ones completely unjustified that made the penalty have to be implemented in the first place.

It sucks but we all have times like this, just gotta cool off and take a step away from the game then come back when you're in a better state of mind.

Again, I get the frustration but still man. It is what it is.