Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

SoloQ players are screwed for good now

Junylar
Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Now that the "SB"MM is out, you all my fellow soloQ survivors will have a bad time from now on. They have been gathering info on your "performance" for the last few month to base your "MMR" score on. And they did it the BHVR way: the metrics they were using are probable developed by the same team the emblem system was created by. It means if you do 2 gens, 2 unhooks, win 4 chases and then escape - your MMR goes up. If you don't do it all in the same trial - it goes down, just like the pips. So if you suicided a lot in the past - you will be ranked a "potato" MMR score. If you were facecamped and tunneled a lot in the past - you will be marked "potato". If you just didn't want to sweat for emblems and didn't care about ranking - you are marked as "potato". And therefore you are going to be matched with actual potato players who don't know how to play, against the sweatiest of the sweatiest tunnelers as killers. I personally haven't seen so many hard tunnelers in my DbD life before, even gray ranks don't have so many of those as I'm matched against now. And there is nothing you can do about it: being matched with bad teammates and against sweaty tunneling killers is not going to raise your "potato" MMR higher (remember, it uses the same metrics as emblems), so you are stuck here forever. It's what is called "ELO hell". You are going to stay here, and you better learn to enjoy it, since you don't have any other choice.

Comments

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

eh, I was pleased with the results last time, in spite of the rough start it had with its chaotic decision making.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

I've noticed some quality teammates in solo queue today. Got rematched with a few of the same players, too, we were operating on the same wave length.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I LOVE the change, at least survivor side, witch are the only 2 games i've played so far. I swear i've never been in a solo team with more competent survivors and the killer was good as hell too. It really felt good, i actually felt out of place because i consider myself kind of a potato of a survivor in chases.

• SacrilegeGG
    SacrilegeGG Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2021

Permanent solo-queuer here.

So far during this test as survivor I've been matched against pretty iffy fellow survivors (crouching away during any terror radius, risky saves without BT) and against very inexperienced killers (few low-level perks, face-camping tunnellers, easy to lose in chase).

I could very well be more of a potato than I give myself credit for, I'll admit.

But yeah, I think solo queue does have a tough time gauging a survivor's skill level.

Against a face-camping Pig for instance I purposefully lead them away from a hooked character long enough for them to be rescued, the team finish gens AND escape through the doors, but the algorithm might see that I died on first-hook and therefore are A Bad Player.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Don't tell me we're out of "5 seconds chases, trading hook, three of them downed before a single gen was done"?

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

Sans one actual thrower (and racist to boot), I've had somewhat decent games. There were a few outliers with specific teammates, but it's been alright for me, actually.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

The devs never revealed how the MMR is calculated.

• Junylar

I have no idea, dude. That's how it works: I get teammates who farm me at the killers face, and 100% of all killers I was matched against were hard tunnelers and sweat lords. Before MMR I was getting randomly sometimes good teammates and sometimes bad ones, sometimes potato killers and sometimes tryhard nurses. Now I only get stupid teammates and killers who drip with sweat, with no alternatives.

Just tried playing killer, and I only get sweat squads as opponents too, even though my favorite build is the facecamping bubba. The system has no logic, it doesn't work as one would expect.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

My experience on day one has been okay. Didn't notice any huge difference as survivor -- my teammates were maybe a little sweatier than usual. I felt bad for one of the killers because they seemed to be doing poorly, but then they turned out to be a NOED Sweaty Endgame killer and I was like, "You know what, good for you. You have a strategy at least."

• Dacrenon
    Dacrenon Member Posts: 207

The 1st test they did, I had a really bad experience. The 2nd test was somehow much worse. The 3rd test (I think it was the last one?) was not great, but it was certainly better.

Today's matches have actually felt very balanced and pleasant to me. Even in the games where the survivor team was just absolutely dominated by the killer, I haven't found myself screaming at my team. I'm having a pretty positive experience with it at the moment.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

My solo queue games have been great with MMR.

Even had a game where LF spawned very close to two survivors, had 2 downs within 2 minutes, yet we managed to recover and get all the gens done. We all died at the end, but it shows everyone was on the same wave length (for that match, at least).

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

This whole SBMM thingy is awesome

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

While I look forward to a more even pairing where teammates are concerned, I find that potato teammates are just as advantageous for my emblems and pipping. Potatoes that feed the killer provide me an abundance of opportunity to perform saves and healing and do a majority of the objectives myself. As long as I'm giving the killer a wide birth of distance and respect their potential danger, I'm in the least likely possession to be hooked first, camped or tunneled.

Be the ghost that haunts the killer's success or at least the only Survivor to legitimately die on first hook.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570
    edited August 2021

I just made this account to give my "feedback" about the SBMM.

I am playing solo queue ONLY, basically since forever. I am used to a mixed batch of team mates in red ranks but today was something else. I depipped every.single.game from 1 back to nearly rank 5. 90% of my surv games end with 4-5 gens left and everyone dead. I mean if i am not that great of a survivor, fine but then gimme a "meh" killer as well and not god Nurses who land every single blink, Blights with Tinkerer, Pop and Ruin etc.

If this matchmaking stays, I am either gonna fully switch to killer or uninstall. This is just complete unfun!

Edit: spelling

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792

They did. There was a code leak and this is how it's calculated

mmr = rand() % 20;

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,370

I played 11 survivor games tonight and none of the games were one sided. Although the Devour Hope Wraith on RPD really only won due to good rng on his part, but despite losing that game the hardest it didn't feel bad.

I'm not seeing where I as a soloq player got screwed. I've had good overall teammates and the killers were threatening.

• FeelsBadMan

I only had killers who steamrolled the surv, all with "Meta-Builds". The only match that was different was the 2nd or 3rd one I played against a Trapper with 2 yellow Perks - where we actually "won" and all escaped (not much of an achievement tho)

• FeelsBadMan

I wished it was like that! I just went against a P3 Spirit with Lethal, Nurses, Pop and Tinkerer. You can guess how the match ended...

• FeelsBadMan

I wished it would be like that! Like just now I faced a p3 Spirit with Lethal, Nurses, Pop and Tinkerer - you can guess who the match ended...

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

This. My experience has, and will continue to be bad with MMR. I almost created a complaint thread after one of my games earlier, that’s how infuriating the experience has been. I had to calm myself down. Now I understand why players come here to vent.

Why are my teammates so bad and the killer is so good? This doesn’t make any sense to me. I’m thrown into games with survivors DC’ng for the littlest things, committing suicide on hook out of frustration because of the sweaty killer, and ppl IN CHASE pulling me off the hook in front of the killer without borrowed time in a dead zone. So we both get downed. This is not fun. This reminds me of when I used to be in green ranks & lower. I completely forgot how bad it is down there. If I’m going to get potato teammates, at the very least- give me potato killers. This is a cakewalk for killers. I’m literally seeing some of them going for their adept achievements cause they know how ridiculous this is.

@FeelsBadMan sorry you had to endure the B.S as well. I too depipped from high rank 4 to mid rank 5 pretty quickly, after today. I’m trying very hard to give this stupid system a chance, but having to endure so many bad games so hopefully I can get back to where I was before, is ridiculous. Like OP said, this is ELO HELL and to climb out can be frustrating and not fun.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

That means I was rated on those matches I threw to get some of the more idiotic challenges done.... darn.

• InList
    InList Member Posts: 85

The developers have struggled to implement mmr because they don't understand how their game works. They've been working on this for 2 years and still aren't ready to commit to activating it.

I hope my mmr is based on the unplayable patch we just endured.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Lower mmr means you will face lower mmr killers. You will be more likely to be matched up with people like me who go for hooks and don't face camp, tunnel, or slug. I am the equivalent of a survivor who was just messing around. The tryhard survivors who play more efficiently are the ones who are about to face the sweaty killers who act like the entity will kill them if they don't 4k. That is almost the whole point. Get us in like minded lobbies. Beginners with beginners. 3k hours with 3k hours.

• Junylar

As the survivor, the lower your rating is, the worse your experience will be, since your chances of success depend mainly on your team, and bad MMR will bring you bad teammates which will make the game horrible for you. Even if you are matched against equally new killers, they will just clear out your potato teammates and then BM you on the ground at the end. It's irrelevant how good you are personally if your team is crap, and this Elo Hell will make you suffer because if it. Moreover, lower MMR will also bring more facecampers (and teammates who don't know how to save a camped survivor or counter camping in general), and you know what that will do to your MMR.

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227

Welcome in my world. Same happen to me too. There is always, REALLY always one DC and one sacrifice one first Hook. Game ends after 2 or 3 minutes. This current MMR is not really healthy as a solo surv.