Most players do want MMR or fair matches. Content creators do not.

Options

The last mmr test the forums were mostly positive. This time around some content creators who complain about everything and constantly announce they are “bored” started voicing their opinions and making videos saying how bad it’s going to be and now it’s horrible it’s something “we” don’t want.

This matchmaking test may end up sucking but the amount of people who are already deciding it’s horrible after one or two games because they watched someones latest YouTube video or watched their favorite streamer not be able to pick on a killer with 5k less hours than them while they read chat is ridiculous.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

You are not forced to play the top killers, unless you're always trying to win and never play casually. Furthermore, MMR is killer-specific, so if you have killers you use when you want to play casually, you'll be matched with weaker survivors than if you'd picked other killers.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Not necessarily, since say you have a high MMR with Blight, your other killers MMR will be affected. And eventually you will get high MMR on all characters.

Im all for MMR, if they add a mode specifically for it. Or they start making DRASTIC balance changes

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

I don't think all of them do, as someone who watches OW streams I can understand some people not wanting to wait 5+ minutes for a game. At the same time, having long streaks of 4ks or 3ks with hatch shouldn't be this often.

• InsatiableMop
    InsatiableMop Member Posts: 325
    Options

I just think MMR should be visibloe, and i want to know how it will handle swfs with drastically different skill levels

• InsatiableMop
    InsatiableMop Member Posts: 325
    Options

I also dont think MMR will work because just from a points perspective you can be the mvp of a game but get 14k bps as a survivor so what amount of skill points will that net you.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

It's true. Content creators won't be able to do ridiculous stuff like 50+ win streaks or whatever when they're playing against actually good players. Of course most of them are against it.

• SacrilegeGG
    SacrilegeGG Member Posts: 85
    Options

As a content creator, I love the MMR tests and can't wait for them to be permanent.

Makes it much easier to learn and practice killers I don't normally play, and the survivor matches are much more interesting.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    Options

So far I've had a lot of fun as survivor with a very solid team and a competent killer, it just felt right. I love the change but i already know that i'll miss the occasional game where there's a potato survivor that you could take advantage of-

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424
    Options

Well, I hadn't been playing much Killer lately -- with me not enjoying playing Clown and not having his perks unlocked for that reason I've focused in getting the Survivor rift challenges mostly -- thus far I've gotten mostly people that play in the same tune I do and it's been an enjoyable experience.

I should try a few rounds of Killer tonight to see how it behaves. I was getting exhausted of getting all purple/red rank Survivors when I'm yellow as Killer...

• Shroompy
    Options

Never said they should, but they shouldnt force MMR onto people either.

• Retro
    Retro Member Posts: 16
    Options

Now i have reason to just leave match just to lower my MMR xD

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

I remember watching a streamer who is convinced Hoarder & Cruel limits were top-tier underrated killer perks because he kept demolishing survivors at 4am. MMR comes on & I don't see him running those perks or making videos about it🤔

• Retro
    Options
  • Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594
    Options

In fairness to the content creators, they generally have 1000s of hours and are exceptionally good at the game, a real MMR system could result in them having 20 minute que times and when they do get a game they have to face the reality that in the top 5% of all players the game really falls apart in a balance respect where a hardcore swf of survivors will be in and out in 5mins and even the best killer will struggle to secure a 1 kill that the survivors won't even try to save as loosing that one guy is part of the 5 minute strategy.

As this doesn't effect me I'm enjoying the MMR, but bhvr are going to have to address all the ways the game breaks in the top bracket moving forwards with sbmm, if they actually do then overall it will be a positive change, if they carry on as they always have then there won't be anyone left playing the game at that level which can be a death sentence for any game.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

So they shouldn't force the current ranking system neither then.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

Dude. It’s not only 4 1/2 minutes every time you dc. It’s gonna be 15 minutes, then 30 minutes etc…

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Game is casual by design. It's one of it's strengths. Most of the time I just wanna mess around; playing vs 24/7 sweat squads doesn't interest me.

• Retro
    Options

Did i said i wanna do it constantly ? ehhhh i also can afk in match

• Shroompy
    Options

You're right, they need to add a seperate mode for ranked, because atm you have the people who are casual and competitive who are mixed together. Make a mode dedicated to ranked and those casual players wont have to deal with tryhards nearly as much

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

well, if you don’t do it frequently, that won’t change your MMR lol

also, have fun afk in matches and waste your time. Holy #########, are you 12??

• Wiggles_Diggles
    Wiggles_Diggles Member Posts: 178
    Options

Personaly I don't want SBMM system. When it was on I had a combination ofnling Q times and all my games went nearly the same way on both sides. If I didn't have at least two slowdown perks I couldn't keep up gen pressure with out hard tunneling and I has also face almost excluively Spirit.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

I agree with two separate modes, but I'm afraid the ones who should go to ranked come to casual to troll, or the casual ones trying ranked and being insulted because they were too chill.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    Options

Deranking is a penalty for leaving a match.

There's no guarantee that leaving a match will reduce your MMR. As it's not a death, or a loss, it may just keep it neutral.

• Retro
    edited August 2021
    Options

I wonder if not playing game for quite some time decresse your MMR if yes that good for me i can make break from game for some time

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

MMR at the high end only positively effects survivors due to them being the power role. This is nothing but a detriment to killers with no positives.

Playing in high MMR as killer you will never ever have a fun game, it will be sweating constantly.

Playing high MMR as a survivor you probably know how to loop and run well, and so do your other 3 survivors which more than likely will be SWF anyways, so you will be escaping a vast majority of your games.

High MMR games will develop a new meta around slugging, and infectious fright, due to getting kills via hooks nonviable.

• Shroompy
    Options

If people from ranked come to casual to troll, what exactly are the other people losing from that match? Theyre not losing ranks thats for sure.

Also the other thing of people being insulted for trying ranked. Ranked is made for a more competitive environment, people are bound to get tilted because of their precious rank. This is something thats unavoidable, but its something already present in the game today since everybody is forced to play ranked.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,091
    Options

You split queues and people will end up flocking to the queue with faster queue times. You aren't solving a problem by creating a "casual" queue.

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234
    Options

You do realize that you're saying that you are top tier/tourney skill level, right? Because SBMM matches you up with people of equal skill. So to say you don't want to face that every match is saying that you yourself are at that skill level.

Now how BHVR is taking into account the SWF rainbow groups, I don't know. I believe that's what threw off the first SBMM a while back. I also believe people didn't give it a chance because after playing 10 games with each killer, I was having fun competitive matches, not these gen rushing matches I usually have from toxic survivors. So I'll see what's going on later. But yeah, if you're not at that skill level, you have nothing to worry about.

• Shroompy
    Options

Im very much aware that Im implying that Im at that skill level. And not only do I not want to deal with that every game but also Q times are something to factor in. The higher MMR you get the less and less people there are to match you with, which means longer Q's

A ranked mode is needed if they want to add MMR

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

It's going to get real difficult for them to make juicy content when matchmaking start to rules out token potatoes. DBD does start to crumble balance wise when Survivors mistakes are few and far between.