Fellow console killers, how easy is using a controller for you?

I’ve seen a lot of comments for a while saying how certain killers on console must be horrible to play. I main Oni on console, and have recently been playing a lot of nurse. Both have been easy to control with some practice, but I’m not sure about killers like Blight or Huntress. I know using a controller has less effect than a keyboard, but it doesn’t seem too limiting. Thoughts?

Comments

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

It's fine you just have to put a lot more hours into some killers than you would on kbm to reach the same level but the end result is close enough.

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

Nurse is usable but always be at a disadvantage and same for the range killers with the lack of aim assist and other features. The other killers are about the same you might have some issues being spun but you get used to that

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I was a console killer and I never liked controller for killer. I switched to pc and carried on using my PS4 controller for survivor for a while but k+m feels so much better for killer at least

• InList
    InList Member Posts: 85

Being on controller isn't the worst handicap console players are forced to endure.

• Low sensitivity (fixed with D'slinger patch)
    • Low frame rate
    • regular lag spikes
    • darker maps
  • BumDandy
    BumDandy Member Posts: 12

I think having the option of a separate sensitivity for aiming on ranged killers would be a great quality of life feature.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

I play console for 2 year before i make the swich to pc so this is my experience i had.

For survivor its the same honestly and i find it easier to play with a controller.

For killer its depend with a controller you can get 360 more often because your rotation is slower and the auto aim can ######### you over more often. Some killer dont care if its a controller or a mouse because their power require less precision example spirit, wraith, freddy. Other killer can make the mouse feel like its the better option and make a controller look like ######### like all the range killer other killer are nurse because like i said you can look around you faster with a mouse so hit a survivor who try to double back.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I play on PC with a controller and the only killers I have problems with using one are Huntress and Trickster because there's no crosshair or clear indicator to line up my shots. Controller makes it a little harder to flick blinks, lethal rushes, Demon dashes, and chainsaw sprints but I do just fine with that slightly smaller degree of motion.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

I've gotten pretty good at sniping with Victor, the thing that gets me though is when survivors 360 it's hard to reorient to where they are

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Would like to mention Blight is completely fine on controller from my experience.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    edited August 2021

The only killer that completely sucks on controller is Trickster. Even if you put 5 thousand hours on this guy chances are someone with 10 hours on him with KB + mouse will be better than you because of the lack of deadzone settings and recoil.

Everyone else is fine. You can achieve a very similar result of people playing with KB+M.