How often do you see a killer using hex:undying to protect another hex perk that is not ruin

Michi
Michi Member Posts: 120

When devs changed undying they let you keep all token if a hex perk of yours is getting cleansed to make this perk work better with hexes that are not ruin.

It takes a few months for me to be in a game with undying being used but no ruin. What is your experience?

(to clarify, it is also okay if the killer is using undying + ruin + a 3rd hex perk but it would be better if ruin is not there to be 100% sure that undying was used for the other hex)

Comments

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

I meet a lot of killers who use Undying and Devour Hop, and of course ruin.

Other combos are rare.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Sometimes with devour but its rare. Not worth a perk slot unless you go full hex build

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

If they're using another hex totem that isn't Ruin, I usually see Undying. Devour Hope about 90% of games include Undying. 50% Haunted Grounds games include Undying. Ruin has Undying in like 25% of games.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,932

Ruin/Undying is the most popular combo.

Yet I have seen, Devour Hope, Haunted Ground.

To see a Killer without Ruin/Undying is to see a Survivor team without Dead Hard, DS or BT.

Its the most popular stuff.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Devour/Haunted Grounds. I've seen it more than once and it's better that it might seem.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

same as everyone else, devour/haunted

those are practically the only strong hexes, though i personally thing crowd control is actually fairly good but it isnt worth using 2 perks for.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I went against a Trickster who got Haunted Ground twice because of that stupid perk.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

i had games where the killers only hexperks were undying und noed.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

As others have said undying/devour is a pretty popular combo as well, not as common as ruind/undying but still up there.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I see this a lot in my Hex: Devour Hope build. 🤭

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I'll probably run crowd control with undying when I get them on bubba

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

I rarely see a player using Undying and Devour Hope. Sometimes Devour Hope, Ruin and Undying, but only Devour Hope and Undying even less.

And usually, if someone is using Undying and not Ruin, I make sure to find the Devour Hope as fast as possible, because it is almost guaranteed that they have Devour Hope at this point, which makes me want to find it quickly.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

devour hope, retribution, haunted ground, undying has popped up a few times, especially on nurse.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

One of my favorite builds atm is Hex: DH, Hex: Haunted Ground, Hex: Undying and BBQ on all seeing blood/coxcombed Clapper Wraith.

4 totems up: 50% chance to trigger Haunted Ground, which will give me a 2nd round later on since Undying covers it.

3 totems up: 66% chance of triggering HG.

DH/undying is strong, but HG can get me 2 stacks very quickly. I don't run any slowdown perks (Ruin, Corrupt, Thano, Sloppy) since I want them to do gens. Once I get 3 stacks and Undying is still up, it may be GG at that point. Ill Mori 1 person if 3 gens are left, Mori 2 people if 2 gens left. If there's 1 gen left, in going to slug and then Mori both if im feeling that way lol

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Seen quite a few, but I'd say with perks like Devour it's counterproductive. Cause if you got Undying on the field and the survivors get its curse, they know something's fishy.

• Michi
    Michi Member Posts: 120
    edited August 2021

Well devour hope is by far my fav perk (in general hex perks are my fav type of perks) so I use it a ton.

My 2 fav hex builds to use on my Hag are : dh+undying +thrill

And

Undying +hg + retribution

Thing it is taking months for me to see a killer using undying with smth that isnt ruin. Same can be said about hex perks in general. I see ruin, undying and Noed being used daily. Devour hope maybe once per month. Haunted ground once in 2 weeks. Perks like toth, lullaby, retribition, crowd control, 3rd seal are hex perks I see twice per year if lucky [it doesnt count if Killers are using their own perks so crowd on trickster or lullaby on huntress as example])

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

I use it a lot with Devour Hope and Huntress Lullaby.

Occasionally when memeing, I strap Third Seal + Undying + Trail of Torment for the undetectable shenanigans. Yes, it's bad, but scaring survivors on a Bubba is freaking hilarious.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

would you believe me if i told you i faced a killer who had thrill of the hunt/undying

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

Using it with lullaby has works quite well with me people forget it's quite effective at max stacks but will always been in ruins shadow

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Undying + Ruin = 90 %

Undying + Devour Hope = 5 %

Undying + Haunted Grounds = 5 %

Approximately.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Well it's an unpopular combination for a good reason: Many talk about how you lose your Hex Totem immediately on average.

It doesn't matter if this is true or not, the word going around is enough for people in general to not use the combination.

Add on top that this Hex Perk is vulnerable from the get-go while requiring loads of time to set up.

If Undying didn't have the "replace Hex Totem" ability and instead had a "protect for a lil while" ability, i bet you'd see this combination a lot more.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Ran into a Hag yesterday with Undying/Devour. Also silent traps, so that was fun. Did I mention we had a DC?

But yeah, I usually only see it with Devour Hope, Ruin, or Haunted. I think pairing it with Retribution can be good, though.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

I have seen a few killers do it to protect lullaby and devour, but I never use it with other perks when running these other hex perks.

The fact that undying reveals itself if someone steps near a dull totem gets survivors amped to look for totems before they would usually be revealed. In my experience running undying with devour for instance gets both destroyed way quicker then devour by itself (a lot of the time at least). If they got rid of that dumb part of undying revealing itself, I would likely run it a lot more with token based totems.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

I have seen spirit builds with Undying and Haunted Ground, so it pops twice. That is kind of a surprise when it happens.