Why can Generator be popped in 20 Seconds?

Options
D3spair
D3spair Member Posts: 713
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

Title says it. 2nd match after getting a 4K with Nemesis with MMR on and this happens.

Generator popped at 19 seconds. (There's a bug if this happens counter and sound does not work properly Otz Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CdIwSJRjFE)

Edit: Shown the full result of the match. I sometime hate that I can 4K good Survivors.

Are Gen Speed fine then? Why is still not balanced out? IS this what I'm gonna face in future forever as a Killer with High MMR?

Post edited by D3spair on

Comments

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364
    Options

nah gen speeds are fine :) just pressure the gens :)

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

This is the issue that will arise with just MMR coming online and no balance to accompany it.

Killers who are good will eventually hit a wall of the sweatiest sweat every single game unless they purposefully do bad to try and get better games. This can be avoided if we address the absolute nonsense survivors are capable of at high tiers so that way having a high MMR as killer isn't going to be an eventual uninstall.

Individual killer MMR is just a band-aid. I don't want to sweat every time I play Nurse, but it's gonna get that way eventually... And I don't really like most of the other killers, I don't want to be forced to play another killer just to not have sweaty games. It's a delicate balancing act that I don't know if the team is ready for/capable of.

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394
    Options

No addons? 4k? or you are too shy to show match outcome

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Should've just applied pressure

More seriously this isn't an MMR problem, these teams existed before.

• D3spair
    Options

How do I apply pressure 1 second in the match lol.

This Teams existed before, I know but with High MMR, the more chance you get to face these teams.

• Mercês
    Mercês Member Posts: 376
    Options

You should be glad they used their BNP's in the first (and also a corner) gen. This could be way worse if they used to counter a 3-gen setup and rush through a final gen. Doesn't look like real high MMR to me, just friends having fun.

Also, if you don't like this happening, swap your ruin + undying for pop + corrupt. That's way more consistent on high mmr.

• D3spair
    Options

I'm the type of guy who mostly plays Killers with no Add Ons and get decent results.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    Options

Honestly, it isn't the gen pop at 20 seconds you want to worry about. That tells you many things - it's a genrushing team with BNPs/Prove Thyself, 3 or more survivors are at the finished gen, and it's time to sweat while you still have time and interrupt them from grouping up. It has counterplay, albeit limited.

It's people splitting up on 3-4 separate gens you should fear. The only counter to this is Ruin on a mobility killer, survivors choosing bad gens to repair that are close together or unsafe, or mass slugging. All of these counters are unreliable. 1 gen popping at 20 seconds isn't that bad - 3 gens popping at 90~ seconds is. At that point, you've likely gotten one hook and the survivors only have two gens left to repair, and you can bet they're splitting up on the remaining ones as we speak.

I hope they release a perk which counters splitting up on gens. Something like reduced repair speed for each separate generator being repaired at once, or all gens regressing a good portion when a gen is completed, or something.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,654
    Options

What were the scores & kill rate?

• D3spair
    Options

I tried Corrupt + Pop on Nemesis but as nemesis it's too inconsistent as sometimes you'll never get Pop with too little pressure by Nemesis. Ruin + Pop + Tinkerer is the best combo I found so far to work the best with me.

• D3spair
    Options
  • NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394
    Options

you are also type of a guy who like to complain. Maybe you aren't that good to play without addons having such whiney attitude. I mean mmr is on and you will face actual challenging matches instead of playing 4k walking sim against random ranks lobbies like it was before

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    edited August 2021
    Options

I'm finding success on Nemesis with Ruin, Undying, No Way Out and BBQ. Since Nemesis isn't particularly mobile and is very loud, Tinkerer isn't as good as it could be, and since he's not the strongest killer and is slow at gaining tiers of his power, you're more likely to reach the Exit Gate stage with 1-2 survivors dead, or less. No Way Out essentially gives you an extra generator's worth of time before you need to worry about the gates, and a minute of being on a resource-depleted map, all Vaccines used, and with Tier 3 Nemesis being told where you are is often all you need.

• D3spair
    Options

This is why I hid the results, People will assume here "So what? you 4Kd them and without Add Ons right?" but the problem is still there.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454
    Options

Well they had the offering to spawn together, there were 3 toolboxes with BNP, the four of them were working on the same gen and they had Prove Thyself, that's why it pops so soon. A weirdly (un)coordinated SWF, I don't know what they wanted to achieve lol

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562
    Options

Remember when BNPs just auto-completed gens? And 4 BNPs meant 4 gens pop in 30 seconds? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

They burned all their gas at the start and lost because of it. I don't see the problem. Like others have said, the optimal strategy is to have all 4 Survivors split on different gens. You should be grateful they all stacked on one. Not very smart of them.

• D3spair
    edited August 2021
    Options

Maybe that was when MMR is off? Have you considered MMR being On will make the chance of taking on these kinds of Sweat Team higher? I can handle sweating for like 1 or games a week but having Sweat games forever? Nah imma just uninstall.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Cool. No sense in discussing it then since you no longer play the game. Bye

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    Options

it's the same people complaining about Tunneling xD

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

The bigger question is why does it only take 2 survivors to halve the time of a gen.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    edited August 2021
    Options

2 Survivors = Double the speed.

4 Survivors = Quadruple the speed.

But they nerfed cooperative repairs.

Each extra survivor = 15% slower individual repairs.

4 Survivors with the debuff = 45% slower individual repair speeds.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Point being it is stupid design.

It should be 80-60-47-36 not 80-47-36-32....

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    edited August 2021
    Options

Strange thread....

If the absolute worst case scenario of a SWF+Toolboxes+BP+PT+4pGen can still lead to a 4K then complaining about current gen speeds is just silly. If you wanted an easier time you could have brought addons, no one stopped you. This type of an SWF situation is also not representative of every match in DBD, but in fact represents just a small minority.

After 2.8k hours playing solo survivor, I have seen pretty much every iteration of survivor builds, and frankly at red ranks BNPs are quite rare these days, not to mention multiple BNPs.

Actually, on second thought this thread is not strange. It is just plain stupid/

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

Why is this even a question? They had 3 toolboxes with BNP and probably used all of them at this one gen (which is extremely stupid, if they would have splitted up and used those individually you would have had a harder time). This is an extreme example and will not happen in your usual dbd pub match.

Losing 1 or 2 gens in higher ranks is completely normal and means nothing. Even if they split up and do 3 during the first chase (even tho it's not optimal for you), you can still win. Depends on various things.

You even said you're doing fine without add ons, and funnily this is something i've encountered multiple times in dbd - killers who are relatively good and doing fine complain the most, if in 1 out of 10 matches they don't get a flawless victory and completely destroy survivors. Since the MMR is active again i have to deal with all the bullshit 24/7, survivors abusing every single thing in their favour, toxic behaviour which makes me toxic in the next game, full meta perk setups, map offerings etc., it's just not fun, so survivors inappropriately using BNPs to do a single gen very fast and give you (thanks to boring Tinkerer) a big snowball potential, is in my opinion not the biggest issue right now.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

Because who cares about balance right?

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

You know you're not helping yourself by posting that result, right? One could interpret it as survivors needing a buff, as theoretically you're facing survivors of your skill level with SBMM on, and even bringing 3BNPs they still got 4ked by a killer with no addons.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

3 bnp and prove thyself so whats the question again?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,565
    Options

Because this is the actual match outcome. Why does the first Gen matter? This means nothing for the match, the first Gen is always the easiest.

@Topic:

You got a 4K. How many Gens were left when you killed all Survivors? As I have written above, the first Gen does not matter, the goal is to prevent Survivors from completing all Gens and escape, not to end the game with 5 Gens up.

• EXPERIMENTONGOD
    EXPERIMENTONGOD Member Posts: 36
    Options

They used 3 spare parts (which is an ULTRA RARE item), it's not like things like that happen constantly, so I'm not sure what the point of your post is to be honest.

Actually that's the point of Spare Parts, to pop gens faster and improve your chances of escaping on THAT match.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

How does someone get snowball potential with tinkerer? With no instadown he gets most of the time a hit and its rare that nobody spots him when there are 4 survivor. Most of the time you wouldnt even get fast enough to a gen without a movement killer if there are even two survivor with prove thyself.

• D3spair
    edited August 2021
    Options

I had thread on it but it was about DC penaties

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/268037/dc-penalties-is-really-needed-as-without-it#latest

Edit: They loss because instead of saving Leon, The last two survivor committed on getting their Gens done. That was their mistake, It was not my fault they got all downed in 2 Minutes.

My point here in this thread is that, Is it my fault that the First Gen popped in 19 secs? What could have stopped these guys from using those 3 BnPs on the last Generators? Is this really balanced?

• Troman
    Troman Member Posts: 264
    Options

There is no problem. Gens pop fast at the beginning, because there are 4 healthy survivors. And later gens get popped very slow, as survivors get hooked, injured, sacrificed and the fact that your got a 4k proves it. I don't understand the "problem" at all.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,565
    Options

Fair enough, I only checked Titles and not the threads itself.

" What could have stopped these guys from using those 3 BnPs on the last Generators?"

You? The Killer? You know that you are responsible for removing Survivors from the game?

• D3spair
    Options

What stop these "Balanced gameplay" from happening in the lower ranks? My point is a generator should not be popped in 19 seconds.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

I don't understand, you 4kd and are complaining about gen speeds?

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,288
    Options

They had 3 BNPs, 1 of them on the fastest-repairing toolbox in the game as well and another on the longest-lasting one.

Putting multiple of them into the first gen is pretty much just a "lol lets see how fast this gen can go" meme, it would be way worse for you if they used them on seperate gens or saved them for later for a contested gen or something. They brought 42000 bloodpoints worth of items and add-ons just to get that gen done as fast as possible.

And sure, I'd be more than happy to see the BNP reworked into something else as it's an add-on that can get pretty wacky when multiple are in the trial, especially if people actually use them more strategically than dumping them into the first gen they see.

• D3spair
    Options

19 seconds for a Gen to pop is not okay. I can handle it as a killer but can other handle it. (Casual lower MMR Killers). There's no stopping lower ranked survivors to doing this on their Killers you know.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

The generator popped fast because the survivors threw all of their resources at it. They had all 4 survivors, using toolboxes and BNPs, and got it just as you arrived. While annoying it’s hardly the best use of their resources, as demonstrated by the fact that you killed them all.

What exactly are you looking for here? Do you want the devs to nerf gen speed when survivors stack on gens? Cause you can ask for that but I wouldn’t recommend it, balance changes that push survivors towards splitting up and repairing gens solo would make killer games harder, not easier.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

You were against a swf with 3 BNPs, a shroud to spawn together and prove thyself. That is a very rare thing.

• D3spair
    Options

Touché, I agree. In this case I got lucky and they really did used all those Crap on the Gen, you want to stay away from the most. But still as a Killer Main I would hate this to happen to me. Can you imagine being a New Purple Rank Killer seeing this crap for the first time? For me, I got lucky and handled it but Killers in the lower ranks would probably not. That is why I'm saying this is not balanced.

• D3spair
    Options

This happened on my 2nd match with MMR ON after 4King, I 4Ked again soooooooo technically this would make my Nemesis go against with a more stronger build that these SWF. With every Kill with MMR On, the more you have a chance of encountering this build.

These will not be a rare thing if you have a high MMR.