Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What do you count as a win, even if you lost..

For me as survivor its when you loop a killer for a little 2 long and they nod at you or hit you on hook.

Comments

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

I guess not a win, but a success, if I get the killer to focus on me and the rest of the survivors got out. Or if I waste enough of their time to get that last generator done or get someone else off hook. Breaking a NOED totem, even if I don’t get out, is always good for a petty victory feeling (plus it helps keep my team safer).

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

A win is a win and a loss is a loss, even in dbd where everyone makes their own win conditions.

Best I can do is to count a game as satisfying if I had good chases, regardless of the end result. It's not my win condition, but I'll take that any day over a victory if it was a boring match.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

yeah even if i die, i try to save everyone, also the feeling of cleansing a totem then the last gen gets done and its noed feels nice

• IlliterateGenocide

try, sleeper matches are worse than matches that you die instantly honestly

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

4 stacks of WGLF?

GGEZ

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

For me as killer its when I get looped by that survivor for a little 2 long and I nod or hit them on hook as I facecamp them to death.

The battle was won even though the war was lost.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I see pips as consolation prizes for when I lose (die or don't get 3+ kills). Does that count?

• TinyRick7128
    TinyRick7128 Member Posts: 13

To me the only way to win if you are killed or sacrificed is if you gain a pip towards ranking up. I consider it a draw if u hit a safety pip because u neither gain nor risk losing rank. But oohhhh do I despise face campers/tunnelers when Im ranking up. Like get a life 😂

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

4 unique hooks to proc my precious Barbecue and Chili. That is what I consider a moral victory. A win, I guess would be 2 unique hooks on everyone. That is usually when I let people go if I didn't mess up the count.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Getting use out of Devour Hope at its max. potential.

If i kill even one with it and it gets cleansed right after or the others escape, i'll still feel good about what i accomplished.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Same, I like to focus on what I have done well and bad. For now, I consider myself in a training mode, where I'm still learning some mechanics.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

22k+ BP. Dunno why lower feels like too little, but it does.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

As killer, once everyone is on death hook I'm satisfied and usually let them out

As survivor, if I made progress towards my challenges

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,263

I don't believe in loss and victory in this game just a skill and performance more so.

Higher points and being able to save my teammates at the endgame collapse makes me proud.

• Minibeasty
    Minibeasty Member Posts: 66

If I score higher than my opponent, I consider it a win.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

bit of a weird question considering it implies there is a defintion to winning or losing in this game, which there isnt.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

If at least one other survivor that helped me or who I helped during the match gets to escape because of the time bought by my death.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,527

I have to agree with you on that one. Getting that Devour Hope value is always a win.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

When I intentionally throw a match to do a challenge and the challenge gets done... WIN!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited August 2021

25k+ bloodpoints

• Anki
    Anki Member Posts: 58

Double pipping and if I do better than what I normally would, especially in chases.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

Dying for my teammates.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I win as a Killer if less than two Survivors escape.

I win as a Survivor if 3+ Survivors escape (even if I am not one of them).

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Atm i don't even care if i win, i'm just too frustrated to actually try. i'm just chilling doing my match if it goes well it goes well if it doesn't i just want the next match to maximize the time i have to play by actually playing. I'm avoiding even seeing the end screen with perks and BP and chat. I just leave most of the time. So atm a win for me is to not get tilted.

If i had to be serious then 3k or helping on 3 gens and 3 rescues.

• IlliterateGenocide

thats intresting since killer usually earn about 20% 30% more point per match

• Gendiin
    Gendiin Member Posts: 15

A win to me is how much I enjoyed the game. I've had games where I'm survivor and gave a good run to the killer and still died and I've had killer games where i got only 1 person but enjoyed the match. The problem is others try to force their view of a win. I've seen those kind of fights in post game chat.🤡

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374
    edited August 2021

If i pip - i win, a blackpip is a draw and a depip is obviously a loss. I dont really care about escapes or kills unless its for the archives or an achievement.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

Getting MoM to activate

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

Getting my archive

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    edited August 2021

If I had fun, it's a win no matter what. But if it was a painful and unenjoyable match. It's only a win if I escape or if I can get all of my teammates out without me surviving.

• dirtsmell
    dirtsmell Member Posts: 46

As a killer, my only "win" condition is getting all four stacks of my BBQ. After that, whatever happens, happens.

As a survivor it varies from my escape, to at least one person escaping if the killer was playing like an absolute jerk, to finishing my challenge if it's one of the really dumb ones (like the "finish three gens in one match" one i was working on yesterday).

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

As survivor, a win for me despite death is making sure if I can, my teammates get out which is one reason I always have BT on. Usually, I know 100% I'm gonna die but I feel morally better sacrificing myself for another person than leaving if something could've been done. Had a match earlier VS a Clown, I could've left when one was hooked and two were on the ground. Instead I unhooked one and got another off the floor. One was on death hook unfortunately but my point is, I feel better knowing I could turn a 3k into a 1k.