Will you ever fix facecamping???

Options
Stvn494
Stvn494 Member Posts: 2
edited December 2018 in General Discussions
hello everyone,
I came to this forum to say that facecamping ruins the game. It’s not fun, it doesn’t matter if you have decisive strike or not, and there is no way to counter it. I suggest that when you are being facecamped, you get sacrificed WAY slower. I think this is the only way, because banning obviously doesn’t work!!!
Sincerely, a guy who is pisses

Best Answer

Answers

• Stvn494
    Stvn494 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Well they still need to fix it
  • LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Options
    Borrowed Time. Gen rush. Problem solved.
  • BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    Options

@Stvn494 said:

There's nothing to fix. Facecamping is not ban-worthy or even against the rules. You just don't like it.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Stvn494 said:
    hello everyone,
    I came to this forum to say that facecamping ruins the game. It’s not fun, it doesn’t matter if you have decisive strike or not, and there is no way to counter it. I suggest that when you are being facecamped, you get sacrificed WAY slower. I think this is the only way, because banning obviously doesn’t work!!!

It was fixed ages ago, it has been removed completely from teh game

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Stvn494 said:

Camping has counters. What you don't have is free unhooks, nor the ability to ignore the Killer's presence so you can do whatever you want.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Stvn494 said:

Are you even aware that "facecamping" already got removed?
    Please stop using that social combatterm.
    Thx.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited December 2018
    Options

facecamping may be boring, yet this should not occure in higher ranks (i know its not this way, but it shouldnt be), due to the survivors ability to punish the facecamper HARD. do the gens and leave. one will die, you will rank up and the killer will rank down.
    that way campers wont be in high ranks, yet a lot of survivors dont rly punish a camper and instead reward him by staying around the hook and trying to save their friend.

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    Stvn494 said:
    hello everyone,
    Hi stvn, face camping was when you could only unhook from a single direction and the killer stood in front of you face to face to body block the unhook icon. The devs fixed it when they added the swivel hooks and face camping ceased to be a thing.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

It's not really something you can fix. There are times where that is objectively the right choice. Sometimes a survivor will sprint right up to a hook with the killer hot on their tail. If you 'fixed' facecamping, the killer would basically be punished for not allowing the survivors to rescue each other in that situation.

Granted, that's not always the case, and it's not fun for the guy being camped, but it's something that's not really possible to fix because there's always going to be scenarios where it's the right decision. You can't punish the killer for not letting someone get a careless save.

The emblem system does sorta' penalize it, though. If you are camping someone while no other survivors are nearby, you lose points towards your chaser emblem. Personally I'd like to see that penalty increased, but that's just me.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Face camping doesn't exist anymore. It was removed with the introduction of swivel hooks. 
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Options

The emblem penalty definitely needs to be increased

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

@Peanits said:
    It's not really something you can fix. There are times where that is objectively the right choice. Sometimes a survivor will sprint right up to a hook with the killer hot on their tail. If you 'fixed' facecamping, the killer would basically be punished for not allowing the survivors to rescue each other in that situation.

I'm pretty sure if you made it to where if the killer stands within 2 meters of a hooked survivor for 10 seconds, all the other survivors on the map getting a visible buff that increase gen repairs by 25% or something for as long as the killer remains in 2 meters, then anybody who reads patch notes would stop face camping and start patrolling or hunting for other survivors.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Dehitay said:

@Peanits said:

I'm pretty sure if you made it to where if the killer stands within 2 meters of a hooked survivor for 10 seconds, all the other survivors on the map getting a visible buff that increase gen repairs by 25% or something for as long as the killer remains in 2 meters, then anybody who reads patch notes would stop face camping and start patrolling or hunting for other survivors.

Camping doesn't completely stop hook vultures, despite the obvious risk/punishment of death. Why do you suppose punishment will work on the Killers when it clearly doesn't work on the Survivors?

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Dehitay said:

@Peanits said:

Have you even read Peanits answer before posting??
    That's the whole point; ANY punishment for the killer could get abusive.
    There could always be a legal scenario that would need the killer to do so, but this mechanic would punish him anyway.
    It is just not your choice to force another player to play the way YOU want him to
    Killer don't like gen rush and looping, should survivor get a similar penalty?

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited December 2018
    Options

Another survivor who thinks unhooking should be gifted to them.

Fine we can do that. Killers get blinded if they sit too close to a hook for too long.

But survivors can't be within 10 yards as the person is hooked or their aura shows up and they are exposed to the killer making them a one shot.

There we go Killers no longer camp the hooks and survivors can't vulture and farm people without possible consequences.

Sounds fair right?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited December 2018
    Options

Another survivor who thinks unhooking should be gifted to them.

Fine we can do that. Killers get blinded if they sit too close to a hook for too long.

But survivors can't be within 10 yards as the person is hooked or their aura shows up and they are exposed to the killer making them a one shot.

There we go Killers no longer camp the hooks and survivors can't vulture and farm people without possible consequences.

Sounds fair right?

I'd be fine with that. I never rush hooks anyway. I don't even set off running until they've been hooked.

Don't understand why some people run right behind the killer as he's carrying someone to the hook as the kller can hear the footsteps.

I tend to play it safe and not unhook until the killer is a good distance away. This way most of them cba coming back as they're already halfway towards a gen about to find a new victim.

I think unhook points need to go. I've seen it encourage hook rushing as people compete for points. It weighs heavily into pips which is the problem. 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

I'd be fine with that. I never rush hooks anyway. I don't even set off running until they've been hooked.

Don't understand why some people run right behind the killer as he's carrying someone to the hook as the kller can hear the footsteps.

I tend to play it safe and not unhook until the killer is a good distance away. This way most of them cba coming back as they're already halfway towards a gen about to find a new victim.

I think unhook points need to go. I've seen it encourage hook rushing as people compete for points. It weighs heavily into pips which is the problem. 

Believe me people would die on hooks, it is already happening right now, it would increase the rates.

I believe this whole hook mechanic is just flawed and they could have thought something better than this system. I am not against camping and tunneling but the game would be a lot more fun if these strategies didn't exist.