The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Loving This Matchmaking

i just adore sitting in killer lobbies forever only to finally have one survivor join, leave, then another replace them to continue to pattern. However, when I’m a survivor, get lobbies instantly and if I’m the first to join, the other three will pop in seconds later. 

Comments

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

It is not about the game, the ratio is not 1 to 4 sadly. People need more reasons to play survivor side.

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    agreed.  It's possible that it is the current matchmaking system, but I'm willing to bet that a lot of people are playing more killer than survivor. 

legion may have something to do with it, but I can think of plenty of other reasons to avoid playing survivor all together.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Avariku said:
    agreed.  It's possible that it is the current matchmaking system, but I'm willing to bet that a lot of people are playing more killer than survivor. 

legion may have something to do with it, but I can think of plenty of other reasons to avoid playing survivor all together.

The legion can only be a contributing factor, it has been bad for weeks and even months.

I believe that bloodpoint is a very important factor. People start to play the game when they do 2x bloodpoints. They can give more bloodpoints for the side that is short (in this case, survivors)

• Hex_A_Decimal
    Hex_A_Decimal Member Posts: 9

I think it's because unless you play with a 4man SWF, the killers (particularly the god-tier that killer players migrate toward) are so favored that it's crazy.

• Morfedel
    Morfedel Member Posts: 231

The problem is the rewards for killer vs survivor; I started playing halloween, strictly survivor, and I got to rank 6 on the playstation, and rank 8 I think on the PC? Anyway, I'd watch match after match where the killer gets a higher score than any survivor the vast majority of the time pretty easily.

I started playing killer about three days ago, rank 20, and I'm outscoring 3 of the 4 survivors pretty easily and handily; once all four escaped, most of the time its about half, and I've had 4 kills a few times. Quite a few 3 kills with a hatch escape.

It just seems like between higher scoring, more BPs because of that, and what most definitely appears to be a game heavily weighted on the side of the killer, it just rewards more to play the killer than the survivor.

With the sole exception as survivor, you can get games a lot faster usually LOL

Anyway, if they made survivor more rewarding in some fashion, more people would play survivor.

• Morfedel
    Morfedel Member Posts: 231

@Hex_A_Decimal said:
    I think it's because unless you play with a 4man SWF, the killers (particularly the god-tier that killer players migrate toward) are so favored that it's crazy.

They really need to nerf the higher tiered killers a little. Try bringing the bottom and top tiered killers closer to the middle. I realize they will never be equal, but some killers just seem to mop up pretty handily in the hands of a highly skilled player; then whats the point of playing survivor when that is a common occurrence?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Morfedel said:

@Hex_A_Decimal said:

They really need to nerf the higher tiered killers a little. Try bringing the bottom and top tiered killers closer to the middle. I realize they will never be equal, but some killers just seem to mop up pretty handily in the hands of a highly skilled player; then whats the point of playing survivor when that is a common occurrence?

Good point! Skill... yeah highly skilled killers mop the floor with unskilled survivors. 
    As do highly skilled survivors with unskilled killers. Or skilled SWF mop the floor with skilled killers...

Every killer should be on Billy's power level.
    Means they need a buff.

Anyway, killer gets more points because he's interacting with survivors during the whole match. While survivors aren't exactly doing that. Try doing the same as survivor and you'll see how your points go up. Coop also gives a ton of points.
  • pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 597

@Tsulan said:
    Morfedel said:

@Hex_A_Decimal said:

Good point! Skill... yeah highly skilled killers mop the floor with unskilled survivors. 
    As do highly skilled survivors with unskilled killers. Or skilled SWF mop the floor with skilled killers...

Every killer should be on Billy's power level.
    Means they need a buff.

Anyway, killer gets more points because he's interacting with survivors during the whole match. While survivors aren't exactly doing that. Try doing the same as survivor and you'll see how your points go up. Coop also gives a ton of points.

Ignore this main survivor's only knows how to repair and play sneak later him are surprised to has got few points

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

It would seem the OP in this thread already cracked the case!

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/35427/salty-killers-finally-killed-the-game#latest

Turns out, survivors are all playing killer now because killer is so overpowered and easy!

Hallelujah! Problem solved!!!

Nerf killers and it's all good!