Disconnection needs a serious penalty

naim109
naim109 Member Posts: 12

Iv seen the problem both sides, when I mention penalty they always "lol",
I think a de-rank that removes perks at random will do something to curb this at least

1 (5 or more within a week) - 1 perk tier set back i,e DS lvl 3 becomes DS lvl 2
2 (10 or more within a week) - 2 perk tier set back i,e DS lvl 3 becomes DS lvl 1
3 (15 or more within a week) - perk removed until unlocked again

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    naim109 said:

Iv seen the problem both sides, when I mention penalty they always "lol",
    I think a de-rank that removes perks at random will do something to curb this at least

1 (5 or more within a week) - 1 perk tier set back i,e DS lvl 3 becomes DS lvl 2
    2 (10 or more within a week) - 2 perk tier set back i,e DS lvl 3 becomes DS lvl 1
    3 (15 or more within a week) - perk removed until unlocked again

@naim109 I don't think that would be a good idea in my opinion because it feels rather cheap to take perks away from players. I do think if you leave, let's say around 5 times within a week. You'll be suspended from Dead by Daylight for 30 minutes every time you leave after 5.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    meh.
  • ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    But on console, accidental disconnects are super frequent. So how could you distinguish intentional DCs from non?
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    But on console, accidental disconnects are super frequent. So how could you distinguish intentional DCs from non?
    If someone pauses the game and leaves the game from there, that would be 1 strike. 10 strikes will result in getting suspended from DbD for 30 minutes. Your strikes will reset every week back to 0 strikes. If you randomly DC without pausing the game and leaving, you'll get a half of a strike.

Intentionally DC'ing: Leave purposely 10 times within a week for a 30 minute suspension.

Accidentally DC'ing: Leave accidentally 20 times within a week for a 30 minute suspension.

When you are 1 strike or less away from getting a 30 minute suspension, you'll be warned when you select "Play as survivor", "SWF", and "Play as killer".

Demonstration:
    If you want to play survivor and you already have 9 strikes, when you select "Play as survivor", you'll get this message.

-Yes-   -No-

Currently you've 9 strikes for disconnecting, reaching 10 or more strikes will result in a 30 minute suspension. (Survivor Only) It's important as a player that you support your teammates by participating in the trial without leaving.
  • Manta
    Manta Member Posts: 117

Dc results in 15 min ban and 5 depips. And the loss of your addons, ofcourse. The game would be very different and much more enjoyable

I like the theory of an instant time ban. A pain for intentional DCs but reasonable for the (what should be very occasional) genuine disconnect
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    It’s a fundamental right to stop playing a game as and when you want, who cares if they DC, a few lost BPs and addons big deal
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    i hope nobody goes to jail
  • LiveByNightTime
    LiveByNightTime Member Posts: 17

@ACEvHEARTS said:

I do understand what you are talking about as i am an Xbox player myself, but to be honest DCs shouldnt be happening that frequently

• Mags
    Mags Member Posts: 4

Disconnecting DOES NOT need to have more of a penalty. Maybe instead the devs try to reward players who rank up to discourage DCing and reward members of the community who are dedicated to playing and finishing games. For example, they could just give different ranks at the rank reset, certain numbers of Iridescent Shards based on their rank. This would be as easy as giving a survivor/killer 50 shards per rank equating to a total of 1000 shards for rank 1. To gain rank 20 as a new player, you have to play one match that way you don't get 50 shards for not playing at all. To stop players from being butthurt if they drank, they only lose half of the shards that they would have got at that rank. For example, someone is at rank 1 and they drank to rank 3, they will receive 1000 Shards - half of 2 Ranks or 50 shards that will = a total of 950 shards for that season. These values can be changed and balanced to fit the devs goals. This could be a simple additive that could help discourage DCing and give the community a little boost at the same time!

See you in the Fog

• xxdean87xx
    xxdean87xx Member Posts: 13
    Not everyone does it on purpose because it’s a live online game there going to be lot glitches and disconnecting issues as much as it pisses me off there been times I either got frozen in the game or booting out on load screen even disconnect us all. Not everyone does it. That’s an internet issue not a game issue
  • naim109
    naim109 Member Posts: 12

@Mags said:
    Disconnecting DOES NOT need to have more of a penalty. Maybe instead the devs try to reward players who rank up to discourage DCing and reward members of the community who are dedicated to playing and finishing games. For example, they could just give different ranks at the rank reset, certain numbers of Iridescent Shards based on their rank. This would be as easy as giving a survivor/killer 50 shards per rank equating to a total of 1000 shards for rank 1. To gain rank 20 as a new player, you have to play one match that way you don't get 50 shards for not playing at all. To stop players from being butthurt if they drank, they only lose half of the shards that they would have got at that rank. For example, someone is at rank 1 and they drank to rank 3, they will receive 1000 Shards - half of 2 Ranks or 50 shards that will = a total of 950 shards for that season. These values can be changed and balanced to fit the devs goals. This could be a simple additive that could help discourage DCing and give the community a little boost at the same time!

See you in the Fog

I think this is the best solution so far. not to overkill and not too soft

• Tahjudjin
    Tahjudjin Member Posts: 1

I am a newbie to the game on PS4 and have experienced 'lost host connection' and noticed other survivors appearing to log out when injured/dying. While I've noticed playing as the killer there are still points awarded when survivors log out, I have not gained any points as survivor when the killer logs out. This appears unjust, especially as the system already calculates the points that should be awarded. This should be rectified. In my opinion, is disconnection affects the entity's progression through blood webs taking away rare perks people would probably stop deliberately disconnecting. I do get that some disconnection may be accidental but when it occurs at critical times in gameplay the assumption should be that it is deliberate.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Paddy4583 said:
    It’s a fundamental right to stop playing a game as and when you want, who cares if they DC, a few lost BPs and addons big deal

Nope it is not CoD where when someone leave he is nearly instantly replaced.

DC'ing in Dead by Daylight is toxic.

For your fellow survivors that you screw up.
    For the killer (intentionally i guess, like every toxic survivor mains) like some sort coward " ######### you you haven't seen the sacrificing animation so i won :DDD"

Done 90% of the time by entitled mofos.

As usual, the toxic majority will screw the nice minority, that's how it work.

If this said Minority would have fighted this kind of behaviors sooner, maybe there will never been the need of that kind of action.

Most of them condonned it by saying shits like "That's human naturefor you, we shouldn't interfere, let it be ! :o "

We would NEVER have been civilized and evolved with that kind of moronic mindset.

Just sayin'.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

It wouldn't be very fair because not everybody has the same powerful internet. I'm using Frontier (Don't use Frontier) and my internet strength is never strong enough to play 2 games without getting disconnected in at least one of them. you would basically be punishing people for something that is not their fault.