Do Scratch Marks Seem Iffy?

Options

Do the scratch marks seem a little iffy to anyone else? I find them so much harder to follow and they seem to be really nonsensical sometimes.

Let me know if you guys think about it.

Comments

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

Play Spirit.
    After some time, you understand the scratch marks.
    But sometimes.
    They are just rly random.
    Without the pebble perk.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

I find it hard to see them after the update.

Stating that, my vision was never really good. It might be just me.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

Yeah, they don't appear sometimes too, as I noticed.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Just the new engine trolling us :wink:

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@RSB said:

I thought that was just because I was playing Legion and didn't notice the scratch marks before activating Feral Frenzy.

• RSB
    Options

@Orion said:

@RSB said:

I thought that was just because I was playing Legion and didn't notice the scratch marks before activating Feral Frenzy.

No, it happend today as I was playing Spirit. There were scratchmarks, and then for like 3-4 seconds the survivor stopped creating them (no, there were no DWM), then they appeared again.

They are most likely bugged.
    Btw. Scratchmarks are bugged for Legion anyway, they need to wait for like 2-3 seconds for them to appear when they (Legion) leave Frenzy mode.

• Orion
    Options

@RSB said:

@Orion said:

@RSB said:

No, it happend today as I was playing Spirit. There were scratchmarks, and then for like 3-4 seconds the survivor stopped creating them (no, there were no DWM), then they appeared again.

Btw. Scratchmarks are bugged for Legion anyway, they need to wait for like 2-3 seconds for them to appear when they (Legion) leave Frenzy mode.

Interesting. I assume they weren't using Distortion either, right?

• RSB
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Orion said:

@RSB said:

@Orion said:

@RSB said:

Interesting. I assume they weren't using Distortion either, right?

No, they weren't. I think they bugged scratchmarks along with sounds, animations and graphics.

• Alien
    Alien Member Posts: 25
    Options

it actually sucks how many bugs there are. I have stopped playing killer because of the lack of sound and the iffiness of the scratch marks, and i love playing killer. Devs fix your game please

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Options
    I think scratch marks also stopped appearing in taller grass. 
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

They need fixes.

• Poweas
    Options

I might just use bloodhound from now on, does it work with Spirits phasing? If it doesn't then thats not fair it should be able to.

• Orion
    Options

@Poweas said:
    I might just use bloodhound from now on, does it work with Spirits phasing? If it doesn't then thats not fair it should be able to.

Of course it doesn't. The Spirit cannot see blood. Bloodhound doesn't change that.

• Poweas
    Options

@Orion said:

@Poweas said:

Of course it doesn't. The Spirit cannot see blood. Bloodhound doesn't change that.

That sucks. I'd use it 100% if it could.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Poweas said:

No. She can only see blood with the glasses add-on, but that has built in bloodhound anyway.
  • SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Alien said:
    Do the scratch marks seem a little iffy to anyone else? I find them so much harder to follow and they seem to be really nonsensical sometimes.

Let me know if you guys think about it.

The new update's switch to unreal engine has messed with the scratch marks I've posted about it in Bugs. But like all bugs, we have no idea if the devs know/care/ are working on it.

Not only is there spawning seeming a little off, the new "look" makes them darker then before. especially against darker grounds.

And poor Legion, who's power manipulates the scratch marks.... They keep not coming back for extra long. (plus it's like people don't even make scratch marks at all while you are frenzied, and that's...? )

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    Delfador said:

I find it hard to see them after the update.

Stating that, my vision was never really good. It might be just me.

I'm having more trouble too
  • BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    Options

I noticed that too, I chased someone their scratch marks just disappeared...lol

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Options
    I just tried to find someone from the scratch marks on the walls. it is really difficult to track the marks on the ground. 
  • Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

I always had issues tracking survs with them but this patch made them worse to me, i don't know if it's me not used to the new lighting or just them being glitched tho, probably both tbh, knowing how glitchy patches are.