Will you miss Hawkins Laboratory?

Options
CornHub
CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

It'll be unavailable to be played on after November 17th, 2021.

Will you miss Hawkins Laboratory? 59 votes

Yes
79%
BossWhite_OwlSeiko300VolantConch1719TapeKnotHorrorcomicnerdBigTiddieMothGFTragicSolitudeTheRockstarKnightJawsIsTheNextKillerzacktbh[Deleted User]musstang62TaigaTheGhostofZgoranonymous31337Sackboy123mewmewDBD78Lofepramine 47 votes
No
20%
Yoshman2523Shapeddreamsy10CornHublandromatCluelessWishIcouldmainBasementDwellerSpillZaroktheImmortalshinobu149Ladybird 12 votes

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    Options
    Yes

yes, its such an amazing map... its the most unfortunate thing about this whole thing in my opinion

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options
    No

Tbh not so much.

But even tho I'm not a fan, I don't like it being removed because I know some people liked it.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Yes

I selected yes because I enjoy all kinds of map variety- much as I hate going on the same map twice or three times in a row. So if any map (even the ones I don't like or that are undoubtedly garbage) went away and suddenly disappeared, I would be a little disappointed.

However, I am completely in the dark about why Hawkins is going to be unavailable- what happened?

EDIT: I saw the post and read it and I'm incredibly disappointed that Stranger Things is going to be leaving us so abruptly with very little warning to the community. I had no idea Dead By Daylight was signing these (what I can only assume are) temporary licensing deals and it's so crazy that Stranger Things content is no longer going to be supported in DBD (beyond I guess perhaps bug fixes or balance changes). By far one of the most well rounded and beloved licenses to come to the game.

That being said, I still don't fully understand the why this is happening and if anybody has any further information I'd certainly like to hear it.

For anybody that still hasn't seen / read the official post, this is it:

Post edited by Seiko300 on
  • WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    edited August 2021
    Options
    No

I really disliked this map it was poorly designed with no real good pallets and too few good windows and the classical eliminates the usefulness of certain killer powers. Would’ve been better to change, but since it was licensed any meaningful good changes were unlikely and I disliked it enough

• Miss_Johnny
    Miss_Johnny Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Yes

I will miss it, it's a big map and any map lost is one less for everyone to play on. I had great experience on it as killer and as survivor. I love maps with a lot to see and I am sad it's gonna be gone!

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options
    Yes

However, while the map will no longer be available, The Entity is not so willing to let go of some of its other favorite playthings… 

Yes, but this line in the announcement makes me think it will just be temporary and we will see it again under a new skin.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,967
    Options
    Yes

I didn't like the map, but it gave variety.