The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone else really confused? lol.

Marigoria
Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

So I just did a match in the PTB as survivor, and I'm kind of confused about what the box does?

If you solve it, what happens? Does it expire? How many and how do they spawn?

Comments

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited August 2021

as far as I could tell, solving it is like getting a clock as freddy but it works for the whole team. It pauses the hunt timer (the chain gauge around the portraits). Holding it will pause the timer for your teammates but the chains will start to hunt you.

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214

Bottom half of the power description

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited August 2021

Boxes seem to keep spawning, they're similar to Freddy Clocks and Pig Boxes, though I think (at a glance) they randomly spawn instead of staying in one place.

Solving a Box rids the Survivors of the Chains/Binding status affect that Pinhead's Power inflicts on others. I didn't take note, but I think like Freddy's sleep status, the status effect of Pinhead ticks up automatically?

Also Pinhead himself can solve the box to negatively affect Survivors

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742
    edited August 2021

Okay so the box.

If it's left alone then it can activate a "Chain Hunt" where lots of chains are spawned which will follow and attack survivors.

If a killer picks up the box, this Chain Hunt starts. All survivors will be bound by chains and scream.

A survivor picking up the box stops any Chain Hunts instantly, however now their aura is revealed to the killer until they solve it. Also the killer can teleport directly to them :)

Once solved, the box will respawn at a random spot. There is only one box at a time.

That's what I got from reading the power

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,469

The box

Solve it is just hold m1 for 5 seconds and hit skillchecks

the killer basekit can teleport that will just barely finish after you complete the box

Chain hunts happen 1 minute after the box spawns / respawns

they constantly bombard you with hooks and if you are hooked you can't heal or do gens

basically its constant slowdown once active