Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Broken Keys

I can't be the only one who hates them right? I genuinely find them super useless. I don't even think they deserve to be 'Rare'.
It's a special level of cringe when I find one in a chest or even my bloodweb.

I would love it if they actually disabled broken keys from appearing in chest boxes. lol I can't be the only one right?

Comments

• Juhonna
    Juhonna Member Posts: 23

I don't use them either, don't really see too much of a use for them lol

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

I take them into games and throw them on the floor.

• Totohli
    Totohli Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2018

I wanted to try them out with my Feng Min who has all aura related perks, so making it completely aura by using the broken key with aura addons.

It was simply horrible :/. Just sticked with my perks and went without an item like i usually do.
    They drain super fast and using add ons for the time feels not worth it, and using other keys just for that is also bad because if you use it for the hatch you lose it anyway.

They are not on par with green flashlights, toolboxes or even a map in terms of quality for the rarity.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2018

What would be cool was if there were 2 versions of the broken key and you could open the hatch if you and another survivor with the other version went through together or something.

• Pharmacy
    Pharmacy Member Posts: 29

I feel like the broken key has a lot of potential to be a versatile item that can do any specific thing with certain addons, but in reality the key is underwhelming at best. Every now and again I sometimes use the survivor aura reading addons and realise that Bond and Empathy honestly do the job much better, although it is decent if you don't actually want to use a perk slot but still want to see auras as a little extra bonus during trials.

The addons and general stats need a good hard buff or at least a minor rework. I feel like the killer aura revealing addons could be an interesting alternative to OoO and open up some interesting strategies to avoid and juke killers, but the amount of uses the key has just makes it not worth running unless you have a lot and simply feel like getting rid of it for a joke.

• Lord_Technopapst
    Lord_Technopapst Member Posts: 26

I don't even think about using the key in any way. If I see one in the bloodweb I take anything with the same rarity instead of one.

• Fre_Shavacado0
    Fre_Shavacado0 Member Posts: 106

yeah i only use them if i have an add-on to open black locks.. other than that they are completely useless. sortof like some maps, but atleast you get map scout points with them.