Increase survivor bloodpoint reward

2»

Comments

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@Dragonredking said:
    Like I said one billion time since the game release, if you want as much point as killer you should also accept losing your item/addon no matter the game outcome like killers

This

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    the thread has honestly shown me just how toxic so many killer mains are. 

like literally arguing against something that has absolutely no affect on them just because they don't want you to have it. 

using the same tired line that so many use... If everyone goes to play killer to get more BP, you will have a harder time finding rounds. 
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    again items and add ons for survivor is not guaranteed to survive and items and add ons for killers well the item is your power which i can argue does alot more for than my item and the add ons are so much more powerful then our item add ons so when items/power and add ons are given equal power then they can be one use. and no its not a 1v4 for me its a 1v1v1v1v1

LoL, survivor items are pretty much overpowered considering their items should do far less since it's 4v1.

You have friggin instaheals while insta-down addons on killers usually have heavy downsides like for example myers who takes forever to stalk to tier3 with the unlimited EW addon while you can just pack in a brown medkit with the syringe and have an instaheal.

Toolboxes save you 20 friggin seconds per gen if you equip them for speed.

Maps make Hexes redundant altho good maps are pretty rare.

The key with addons is a potential 4man free escape if you play against a killer that has an endgame build like freddy.

Also killers are still weaker than a good survivor unless you're playing nurse/billy.

• SiftHeadsDude
    SiftHeadsDude Member Posts: 34
    Wolf74 said:

@SiftHeadsDude said:
    Wolf74 said:

@SiftHeadsDude said:

I know this might generate comments such as “git gud” and such haha, but playing as a survivor gets you so much less than a killer. Surviving and doing good nets you like 15k max, dying and doing good about 10k. Doing bad still less. Being a bad killer gets you at least 20k though and it keeps going up if you do good. I feel playing as a survivor is such a chore if you want to get serious bloodpoints, it makes more sense to just spam play the killer. I feel they should increase/add a reward for straight up finishing the game, or split it between completing the game and the struggle phase (to discourage intentional suicides)...thoughts?

If killer is so great and gives so many easy bloodpoints… feel free to play killer.

What is holding you back?

Just do it.

And don't forget to come back to the forum and share your experience with us.

What’s your problem lol? Like seriously cut the toxicity. I do play as a killer, matter of fact I play killer more than survivor. Congratulations I hope you’re happy that you have that info. Now that that’s out of the way, which was completely off topic...feel free to address the issue I presented, where survivors get arguably too low amount of bloodpoints, and I presented ideas to give a small boost that’s both fair and improves gameplay. 

Killer need more BPs... Killer are the only player that will play the whole game from start to end, no matter what… Survivor can still gain MORE BPs than the killer IF they are good… so what's your point exactly?
    Survivor can just jump into the next game and go on playing and gain more BPs per minute, but of course not if you have to wait for your SWF buddies.

No they don’t, although I’m not opposed to anyone getting more bloodpoints because the grind is insane especially for anyone unfortunate enough to just start playing now. And yea they can maybe like 5% of the time but the rest of the time killers routinely get double if not even triple what a survivor gets in about the same amount of time. Like I mentioned so many times before. Did you even bother to actually read the comments on this thread?  
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@MhhBurgers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    again items and add ons for survivor is not guaranteed to survive and items and add ons for killers well the item is your power which i can argue does alot more for than my item and the add ons are so much more powerful then our item add ons so when items/power and add ons are given equal power then they can be one use. and no its not a 1v4 for me its a 1v1v1v1v1

LoL, survivor items are pretty much overpowered considering their items should do far less since it's 4v1.

You have friggin instaheals while insta-down addons on killers usually have heavy downsides like for example myers who takes forever to stalk to tier3 with the unlimited EW addon while you can just pack in a brown medkit with the syringe and have an instaheal.

The key with addons is a potential 4man free escape if you play against a killer that has an endgame build like freddy.

Also killers are still weaker than a good survivor unless you're playing nurse/billy.

4v1 but i cant kill the killer? also intaheal is one use while a myers lock of hair gives unlimited tier 3

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288

@MhhBurgers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

4v1 but i cant kill the killer? also intaheal is one use while a myers lock of hair gives unlimited tier 3

There's also the fact that killer addons don't always disappear after being used. I know they are supposed to, but they don't a majority of the time. I've used the same Iridescent King 5 matches in a row without a ward, and sometimes I get to use it even more than that.
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Wolf74 said:

@SiftHeadsDude said:
    Wolf74 said:

@SiftHeadsDude said:

I know this might generate comments such as “git gud” and such haha, but playing as a survivor gets you so much less than a killer. Surviving and doing good nets you like 15k max, dying and doing good about 10k. Doing bad still less. Being a bad killer gets you at least 20k though and it keeps going up if you do good. I feel playing as a survivor is such a chore if you want to get serious bloodpoints, it makes more sense to just spam play the killer. I feel they should increase/add a reward for straight up finishing the game, or split it between completing the game and the struggle phase (to discourage intentional suicides)...thoughts?

If killer is so great and gives so many easy bloodpoints… feel free to play killer.

Just do it.

What’s your problem lol? Like seriously cut the toxicity. I do play as a killer, matter of fact I play killer more than survivor. Congratulations I hope you’re happy that you have that info. Now that that’s out of the way, which was completely off topic...feel free to address the issue I presented, where survivors get arguably too low amount of bloodpoints, and I presented ideas to give a small boost that’s both fair and improves gameplay. 

Killer need more BPs... Killer are the only player that will play the whole game from start to end, no matter what… Survivor can still gain MORE BPs than the killer IF they are good… so what's your point exactly?
    Survivor can just jump into the next game and go on playing and gain more BPs per minute, but of course not if you have to wait for your SWF buddies.

No they don’t, although I’m not opposed to anyone getting more bloodpoints because the grind is insane especially for anyone unfortunate enough to just start playing now. And yea they can maybe like 5% of the time but the rest of the time killers routinely get double if not even triple what a survivor gets in about the same amount of time. Like I mentioned so many times before. Did you even bother to actually read the comments on this thread?  
    I haven't for example but just the fact you say killers get double or triple bp compared to survivors it's bs

True, when I play killer I get around 50k but when I play survivor most of the time I get more than the killer, especially surviving the trial. Many times I got 23k and the killer less than 20k

Plus I harvest chests getting free stuff and taking them with me while as killer I always lose add ons. I think you might need to improve as survivor if you get 1/3 of a killer BP since it doesn't happen anymore to me. Only when I was new to the game I saw that
  • Avariku
    Malakir said:
    I haven't for example but just the fact you say killers get double or triple bp compared to survivors it's bs

True, when I play killer I get around 50k but when I play survivor most of the time I get more than the killer, especially surviving the trial. Many times I got 23k and the killer less than 20k

Plus I harvest chests getting free stuff and taking them with me while as killer I always lose add ons. I think you might need to improve as survivor if you get 1/3 of a killer BP since it doesn't happen anymore to me. Only when I was new to the game I saw that

some experiences may vary, but I have to agree that I tend to get a lot less than killer whether I survive or not. On average I would say anywhere from 14k to 20k. And more often than not that's at least two and a half gens, healing a teammate, maybe healing myself, and at least one hook save, usually two or three.

meanwhile I will, yet again, point out that an increase BP for survivors has literally NO effect on killers... it's not like we want anyone else to get less, we just want survivors to stop getting crumbs in comparison. 

the lesser amount of BP is one of the big reasons I play killer way more than survivor.
  • SiftHeadsDude
    Malakir said:
    Wolf74 said:

@SiftHeadsDude said:
    Wolf74 said:

@SiftHeadsDude said:

Just do it.

Except it’s not...as a killer I routinely get 25-30k, while survivor I get around 10-15k. It sounds like you’re either bad as a killer, and as a survivor you’re literally god or have rank 1 teammates and verse a rank 20 killer. I’m not amazing as a survivor but I’m certainly not bad nor do I need to improve to get more bloodpoints. I play the game normally and properly, and I take things like offerings and what I do in game into account. So what I said is accurate. And yea of course you always lose add ons but you routinely lose items and add ons as survivor too, either from death, using them up, and/or simply not getting a new one before you leave. And honestly the whole keep/lose item argument is pointless, it really makes no difference at all to what I’m saying. 
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    If you only got 15k you did not do good. There's more to playing survivor than just getting out alive you know. Gen rushing then running straight out of the exit will net you less points than antagonizing the killer, healing allies and searching chests, even if you die. Take the time to do other things if you want more points. A perfect game gets you 32k points. 
  • TheHourMan
    Also, gen rushing is already such a huge problem, increasing rewards for it would only make it worse.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

I do like 3 gens, get all totems and then if I'm not at full boldness I go in the basement for a while to farm boldness points (considering most killers refuse to be stunned), most of the time I can't get any altruism points because most people have self-care and don't get hooked so I can't save them, and surviving is a given but you only can get 5000 from escaping and that's not where it stops it can go up higher so in order to farm both altruism points and survival points i must heal myself because I get altruism from skill checks and survival from fully healing so I usually can get max but it takes like 20 minutes and most of the time the killer DC's because he just wants me to leave because he is already at max everything because its so simple to get points in their 4 categories because it doesn't require people to help them get those points. what really annoys me is when I am tunneled the entire game then get called trash after because I looped him the entire game and then adrenaline pops on and I run to the exit that's opened for me and so I escape with little to no objective points. I mean it's not my fault the killer didn't go after an easier target and that the ranking system is so bad that I am near rank 15 and can't get lower cause I almost always safety pip and so I go against new-inexperienced killers is that my fault? I enjoy playing survivor but if I want BP I play a killer with BBQ so I usually get 60k BP or more because of how easy I find playing the killer.

• SiftHeadsDude
    If you only got 15k you did not do good. There's more to playing survivor than just getting out alive you know. Gen rushing then running straight out of the exit will net you less points than antagonizing the killer, healing allies and searching chests, even if you die. Take the time to do other things if you want more points. A perfect game gets you 32k points. 
    Like I mentioned in other comments, I know legitimately how to play survivor and I play just fine. 10-15k is pretty normal, maybe 20k if I survive and had a solid game. I’m not amazing, but I’m well aware there’s more than just doing a gen or 2 and getting out ASAP. But there’s nothing I can do to change my play style. I do things like saves and heals when the opportunity arises, just like any other smart/point hungry survivor in my game. 
  • SiftHeadsDude
    edited December 2018

I do like 3 gens, get all totems and then if I'm not at full boldness I go in the basement for a while to farm boldness points (considering most killers refuse to be stunned), most of the time I can't get any altruism points because most people have self-care and don't get hooked so I can't save them, and surviving is a given but you only can get 5000 from escaping and that's not where it stops it can go up higher so in order to farm both altruism points and survival points i must heal myself because I get altruism from skill checks and survival from fully healing so I usually can get max but it takes like 20 minutes and most of the time the killer DC's because he just wants me to leave because he is already at max everything because its so simple to get points in their 4 categories because it doesn't require people to help them get those points. what really annoys me is when I am tunneled the entire game then get called trash after because I looped him the entire game and then adrenaline pops on and I run to the exit that's opened for me and so I escape with little to no objective points. I mean it's not my fault the killer didn't go after an easier target and that the ranking system is so bad that I am near rank 15 and can't get lower cause I almost always safety pip and so I go against new-inexperienced killers is that my fault? I enjoy playing survivor but if I want BP I play a killer with BBQ so I usually get 60k BP or more because of how easy I find playing the killer.

That’s a pretty solid response. Definitely a good number of ways to earn points. My issue is that there’s a lot of RNG in there with how the killer plays and how your teammates are, and just a bunch of other things in general. Like even when I play a normal game and I do a variety of things, the points still come out fairly low. And that’s when I was lucky enough to be able to do a lot of tasks. If I get found really early on and like tunneled for example it completely ruins the game. Yes you can argue that time spent is less or that it’s my teammates fault, but I wish they would just add a simple increase to main things in the game that every survivor can benefit from on their own (like I said in a few other comments). Because a lot of survivors now focus more on farming, even at their own risk and teammates risk. I’m not saying it’s bad to go rescue a teammate, I’m saying like when you risk getting found and killed just for points, or try to farm hooks and screw over your team, it really goes against the game concepts I feel and just has a lot of bad potential that could be avoided otherwise. 
    Post edited by SiftHeadsDude on
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

@MhhBurgers said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

There's also the fact that killer addons don't always disappear after being used. I know they are supposed to, but they don't a majority of the time. I've used the same Iridescent King 5 matches in a row without a ward, and sometimes I get to use it even more than that.
    Thats a glitch, all add ons burn up without a ward after every match. Add ons and items are glitchy, sometimes survivors will leave with an item and lose it during the end game screen.
  • BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I've been playing killer more just because of blood points. You just get so much more on average. And those saying killer is harder? Yeah in some cases it is, but you also don't have to worry about your teammates being total A**hats. Bringing the killer to you, getting knocked down in less than 20 seconds forcing you to go save them, messing up your gens. Body blocking you all kinds of crap that will shorten your life. Playing as the killer you worry only about yourself. You do poorly? Oh well.

Getting points as a survivor is completely rng, and to be honest I prefer stealth a lot more than I do being in active chases and antagonizing the killer. I may do 3 gens on my own, and manage to escape and get hardly any points. 10-15k. So unless I have the opportunity to go in for saves/healing. And get into chases with the killer, usually with me needing to seek them out I'll get nothing.

Playing as killer I barely have to do anything but a few chases and hooks, (even though I'm very proficient at killing most of the time) I'll get like 30k+ doesn't seem fair. And if you want you don't even have to put in that much effort. Patrol the gens, knock down a person or two hook them. You pretty much have surpassed a survivors blood points. And sorry that isn't that difficult. And if you wanted to argue time, do some casual patrolling like...really casual, tunnel if you want. The survivors will finish the gens, they will open the gate and you should be able to force them to leave (sometimes) and the game will be over quickly. I mean the biggest complaint is gen rushing right?

• Avariku
    if you want more BP then don't finish your objective and escape... you know... the main goal for survivors. 

instead you should stick around so the killer can get his 4k... 

makes sense.
  • brock
    brock Member Posts: 305

Of course you'd had no problem. Survivors are not dependent on their Items and their Add-ons unlike most of the Killers.

Ouch

• wladimiiir
    wladimiiir Member Posts: 142
    1. I am for the idea of getting points for wiggling.
    2. The other idea I have is to get more points for sticking in the terror radius of the killer. Now you get laughable +14 or so points. I have a feeling that this could also help with the gen rush. You might want to do gens near the killer, which is risky and if killer is not totaly blind you would be often forced to get off the gen to cover which could prolong the game. And for doing this you would be rewarded with Boldness points. What do you think, guys?
  • MhhBurgers

@Avariku said:
    TheHourMan said:

SiftHeadsDude said:

if you want more BP then don't finish your objective and escape... you know... the main goal for survivors. 

makes sense.

The main goal of the survivor is to get points in each category, escaping is a bonus just like killing more than 1 person is a bonus. Do I like this new system? No but it's what it is.

• Avariku
    so the objective of the killer is to kill and survivors are entitled if they gripe and moan about the methods they use to do such....  but the goal of survivors is to run around and gain points until they're killed for not escaping? 
  • MhhBurgers

@Avariku said:
    so the objective of the killer is to kill and survivors are entitled if they gripe and moan about the methods they use to do such....  but the goal of survivors is to run around and gain points until they're killed for not escaping? 

The goal for the killer is to hook survivors, 4 hooks and you pip unless your chases take ages. Killing is a side effect, same goes for escaping

• Avariku
    and yet the killer gets far more bp for achieving their goal than survivors. I couldn't care less about whether I pip or not... but when I have to play two matches as survivor to equal what I would get in one match as killer... why would I waste my time when the grind is already frustratingly slow on both sides?
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

@MhhBurgers said:

@Avariku said:
    TheHourMan said:

SiftHeadsDude said:

makes sense.

The main goal of the survivor is to get points in each category, escaping is a bonus just like killing more than 1 person is a bonus. Do I like this new system? No but it's what it is.

part of the problem is that surviving is 5k points in the survival category, while there are very few other ways to actually get points in said category... So 1/4th of the survivors entire possible bp for a match will usually be broken down into either zero, a few hundred, or a bit over 5k. Even self healing skill checks count for Altruism instead of Survival. I think part of the reason it brews so much salt is because of that black hole of a category.

If survivors had better ways to get more points across all 4 categories, I feel it would help with both toxic play and attitudes among survivors substantially. It compounds with the size of the grind (especially for newer players who have yet to get any meta perks for either side) and just causes bad attitudes to fester.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

@Avariku said:
    and yet the killer gets far more bp for achieving their goal than survivors. I couldn't care less about whether I pip or not... but when I have to play two matches as survivor to equal what I would get in one match as killer... why would I waste my time when the grind is already frustratingly slow on both sides?

Believe it or not, the killer barely gets any more than survivors do in that regard. The Sacrifice category gets more for multiple hooks than it does for kills, and its pretty common to not 8k it (especially if people suicide on the hook or don't get 3 hooked.) Its an apples to oranges comparison though, since the killers have many more event contributions to the category. Because of this, its possible for a killer to get zero kills and end up with more Sacrifice points than a killer who first hooks all 4 people. That said, If one or two survivors never get hooked, or if their chase efficiency isnt as good as the gen rush, their points in that category are likely going to be very low.

The reason the sacrifice category feels less punishing than the Survival one is because of that ability to accumulate over the course of the match, its much less of an "all or nothing" chunk of points.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Semi on topic. I def want more Bloodpoints from some of the Daily Rituals.  Getting ones below 30k feels too low and yes rerolling them is a thing, but still feel with how the grind is, that we could make 30k baseline for Rituals
  • Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

survival category need to change make so healing needs to be survival category or unhook survivors something similar

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@TheHourMan said:
    SiftHeadsDude said:

32k as survivor? Are you shitting me? Getting more than 20k is ######### crazy as survivor.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378
    edited December 2018

Killer basically gets all his points from trying to down survivors which is a singular task, survivors have to juggle 3 different tasks to get points and doing one means you're not gaining in the others. Besides that, there is no good way to gain survival points except escaping, there definitely needs to be less emphasize on that and more on actually having ways to steadily gain them.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Negi said:
    Killer basically gets all his points from trying to down survivors which is a singular task, survivors have to juggle 3 different tasks to get points and doing one means you're not gaining in the others. Besides that, there is no good way to gain survival points except escaping, there definitely needs to be less emphasize on that and more on actually having ways to steadily gain them.

You can earn plenty of points many different ways as a survivor even without offerings provided the killer doesn't find you 1st and cmap you. Well that an if you're not grouped with the worst potatoes on the planet and facing a really good killer.

1.Cleanse totems since that's 600 per and 1k for hex totems and that adds up quick.
    2.Search chests since not only can you get a good item possibly but you get points just for searching it.
    3.Do SAFE unhooks since that's worth a lot of points and do healing both yourself if no one's around or team mates.
    4.Take hits for someone for the distraction points as well as the altruism points.
    5.Work on gens since even a little bit or progress spread across multiple gens adds up.
    6. There's lots of ways to get points and it just takes time to learn all the different ways to do it.

Here check the official wiki link that @DocOctober maintains and keeps up to date since it has great information and breakdowns.

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Bloodpoints

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited January 2019

Killers can't keep their addons after the match and find one during the game, survivors can, that's why they earn less BPs per match, BUT more per hour of playing.

Plus the killer works his ass trying to down survivors, while they hold M1 or mindlessly loop, but that's a different story.

• TheHourMan
    Chi said:

@TheHourMan said:
    SiftHeadsDude said:

32k as survivor? Are you shitting me? Getting more than 20k is [BAD WORD] crazy as survivor.

Not really. I rarely get less than 20k as survivor. And that's because I actually take the time to do totems and look through chests. Then I tend to hit the killer with at least 1 or 2 pallets. Plus healing and unhooking. It's not hard, it just means you tone your pace down a little.
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited January 2019
    RSB said:

Killers can't keep their addons after the match and find one during the game, survivors can, that's why they earn less BPs per match, BUT more per hour of playing.

Plus the killer works his ass trying to down survivors, while they hold M1 or mindlessly loop, but that's a different story.

For the past 4 seasons i have been maintaining my survivour and killer to rank 1 granted rank dosent indicate skill entirely but it does support that i have spent my time playing a good measure of both. Survivour is not a simple hold w gameplay as many killers make it sound. It is if your rank 20 - 15 but in high ranks you are constantly being mindgamed at pallets, attempting to make safe rescues around aggresively defensive killers and rushing gens before the map becomes hollow of defenses.

Each killer has their own unique approach to looping that a survivours can't mindlessly loop. Hatchet dodging windstorm wraiths routing effectivlely around clown toxins and continously breaking line of sight around nurses. Claiming survivour is easy is a ridiclous statement that anyone who has even spent a moderate amount of time playing the role can easily dismiss espicially if you play without crutches. 

The problem with survivour bp gain is playstyles and objectives dont grant bp to other categories unlike with killer where for example a doctor who shocks then strikes recieves points for deviousness + brutality + hunting for being in chase. All of these actions are a process a killer will be engaging in regardless of the way you play your killer.

With survivour if you have to be the gen jockey its likely you wont get much points for doing gens even if you got 1 or 2 totems you would still have a low bp gain. If your in chase constantly its the same situation just boldness will be maxed and not much else. Survival is also a ridiclous category with no ability to meaningfully max it. 

As for items and add ons a killer enter a game with two add ons expeneded with likely bbq which is way more easier to stack then wglf. Survivours enter the game with an item + two addons. They might be able to keep the item but assuming a survivour wont die is ridiclous. They lose more upon death then a killer. Their perks are also priced the same which makes farming points for survivour best done through killer. 

Survivor needs its scoring categories reworked with points granted to multiple categories when doing an action that normally grants a bonus to one side. For example if im looping a killer and someone pops a gen while im in chase a scoring event will be granted to me called containment which grants objective points for containing the killer on top of the chase points.

For gen jockeys grants boldness points to the survivour if they are doing gens within the killers tr. As for altruism dbd has already gone in the right direction with assit points and such. An additinal point for survivour gain would be baiting point score event where whilst in chase with a killer whilst someone is hooked the survivour will recieve points in benevolence who is being chased. 

Finally a benolance point event for getting gens complete light waker would be granted. Dont get me wrong killer is the harder role and it is my preferred role but I'm against the idea that survivour points system should be so focused on a single action granting a single category award of points. 
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    "I know this might generate comments such as “git gud” and such haha..."
    Here is the comment you deserve my friend: "git gud!"  :)
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Like I said one billion time since the game release, if you want as much point as killer you should also accept losing your item/addon no matter the game outcome like killers

Why couldn't we're just change killer too so that there is ways to keep their add-ons? We could add duration to their add-ons and if they don't use it all and at least kill two people, they keep it.