what is with the mass spam of anti tinkerer post recently?

Yatol
Yatol Member Posts: 1,957

where does the sudden complaining about tinkerer come from? Did it get a buff i dont know about?

Comments

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

I guess because a lot of people have been using it lately.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

It did get a buff when Hillbilly and Cannibal got their reworks. Other than that there has been no recent buffs.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I made mine after seeing a streamer unironically take tinkerer over corrupt on trickster.

Must just be a coincidence. That or the Corrupt Ruin Undying Tinkerer Blights came back for a bit pissing people off.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

I've hated the perk since the Billy rework I just can't be asked to make a post about it.

I comment about it a lot but that's it.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,478

Its deserved, its a perk that needs tuning and is unhealthy for the game just like Spine Chill or Iron Will

• JFF
    JFF Member Posts: 166

Tinkerer as a perk isn't really that strong, but if you use it on high mobility killers, it becomes a problem, especially if you combine it with anti-gen perks, such as Ruin or pop.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Since Undying is a thing I always said that Tinkerer is a problematic Perk. It is nothing new.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Complaints typically go in waves. A few days ago, there were a few noed posts for example.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

We can't have nice things. Tinkerer makes it fun near the end of a gen! I don't run it enough

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

I was in the shrine last week so I think alot more killers have it now

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Spine chill is not unhealthy, it makes the game more accessible to people with anxiety.

• WexlerWendigo

Because the combo of tinkerer + undying + ruin is making every game feel the same. This is especially true on blight, who always use the same perks and add ons. There is a lack of perk variety on all killers and survivors, but blight specifically is the biggest offender by far.

• Shroompy

Its unhealthy, a perk that completely ruins multiple killer powers and perks is not healthy for the game.

Im sorry that youre suffering from bad anxiety, but lets be real not many people run Spine Chill because of that reason

• WexlerWendigo

Whose power does it ruin?

Myers isn’t undetectable after tier 2

Pig’s stealth is horrible anyway and is hardly used

Wraith is very strong in chase, the stealth isn’t that important

GF exposes you as you stare at him

Any means makes nemesis’ zombies useless, is that perk unhealthy?

Quite frankly, I’m not sure how guaranteed hits/grabs from stealth without a perk to use as counterplay is healthy at all to the game.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Maybe people who post those got jumpscared by tinkerer and lost their mind. I don't mind killers using Tinkerer.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

No one is playing Spirit recently since she got bugged, so people stopped making "nerf Spirit" posts and have to complain about something else because they're bored.

• Shroompy

Stealth is COMPLETELY ruined by Spine Chill. The whole point of stealth is to catch survivors off guard. With Spine Chill you get a warning that theyre coming. Now people say killers can just turn around to avoid Spine Chill. How ever Myers and Ghost Face have no choice but to look at survivors if they want to use their power.

Perks like Dark Devotion, Trail of Torment or any other Undetectable perk is literally ruined because of Spine Chill and is a huge factor as to why they arent used as much as they should

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Ghostface before the expose? You have to stare at them for quite some time to get the expose. Lol.

I mean, I disagree with your other counter arguments too, but at least it is hard to argue with the fact that their stealth is garbage or limited. But you know, only the worst survivors (or those god loopers that are like, "come at me bro") allow a Ghostface to expose them for free. I consider myself a rank 20 survivor and even I wouldn't just sit there if spine chill was active for more than a second.

Beyond that, his stealth is his power too. He can use it for other stuff than just staring at them, and spine chill does give them an idea that it is happening making it pointless.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

There's been like

two.

• WexlerWendigo

lol, the reveal mechanic is literally broken

You can stare at him, and nothing will happen half of the time. You really don’t have to stare at a survivor long, only a couple seconds behind cover, and it takes a few seconds to reveal, so the time it takes combined with the awful reveal system makes it very easy to expose survivors. Not that he’s a strong killer, but he’s very frustrating to play against.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I sometimes feel it's just troll parties, because we see a mass influx of threads like that for one single perk, then it rotates to another one.

Tinkerer is just fine....should already or learn to suspect it, esp if yer chunking through gens. I only use Tinkerer on Oni, but it can be great on stealth Killers and ofc, Hillbilly... but it is not a problem.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,957
    edited August 2021

i saw 5-6 when i posted this, not including reddit and steam

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

This community periodically needs something new to complain about. This period it's Tinkerer, the next: who knows...

• knight_killer
    knight_killer Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2021

I've been getting a lot of Billy matches lately as survivor and I usually love playing against billy but every one plays him so boringly. Tinkerer, both silent add-ons and it always happens to be on shelter woods or corn maps. I just have to leave the gen at 70% every time and then get backrevved because I can't hear where the charging man with a chainsaw is and I'm out of position

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Because Ruin + Undying + Tinkerer Blight is one of the most run builds at red ranks. It's a broken perk trio, one that is on the same level of boring as "Forever Freddy."

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,380

Because people love to pick a single perk as being the "problem" and needlessly complain about it hoping they get it nerfed. Then they'll complain about the next perk, because some people will never be happy unless the game hands them easy wins.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Killers are realizing how OP it is so they are using it more and survivors are realizing gens simply can't get done with a tinkerer Blight.