This game hurts to queue for solo as survivor

Options

I am not sure what it is lately. But I end up queuing up not only with red ranked killers, as a yellow/green ranked survivor constantly, and when I say constantly, I mean.... every damn game (to give you perspective, im rank 12/13, they are rank 3/4). The matchmaking in this game is absolute trash and I don't understand. My fellow survivors are console, and usually tunnel vison down gens, get grabbed off of gens, or the killers straight slug all 4 in the beginning leaving the highest score to barely breach 10k.

I dont get it....

Comments

• Luckyz17
    Luckyz17 Member Posts: 34
    Options

I dont understand that honestly. The game is just so not enjoyable to play like that, not to mention tonight has had some of the worst slugging ive seen as of late. Legit downing and leaving survivors constantly. I am sitting here de-pipping and de-ranking every single game.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

I feel it's important to play both side to understand the tactics.

I played a few Killer games, and if I avoid tunneling/slugging, I get it's been used. I'm still unhappy about being tunneled but I understand that the Killer saw the generators being completed too quickly for them and they wanted to secure a kill.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

They understand killer mains are just built different and we were born to flex on them?

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 765
    Options

When you get to red ranks you'll get queued with yellow rank teammates regularly. So it's a neverending cycle, don't worry about it.

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374
    Options

This is why we need SBMM back.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

Console players bad. Even tho they are better ranked than you kek.

Ever looked in the mirror lately?

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 565
    Options

Same here, I get rank 1 killers while my team consists of rank 6-10 like how is that fair? I can hold myself in a chase but my teammates go down in 10 seconds.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

During the day the survivor queues are instant and killer queues take about 5 minutes.

After a certain time it changes. I guess because that is when the SWF log in or something.

The matchups end up this way because it is programmed to prioritize people who have been in the queue the longest. I believe this is to make sure no one is waiting for 10+ minutes like we used to before.

I remember in early 2020 I used to vacuum and do laundry while waiting for a match lmao.

• ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal Member Posts: 326
    Options

Yeah matchmaking is weird in this game.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

This is why I refuse to play at night. I'm in red ranks, get greens/yellows on my team after having to wait 5 minutes for a lobby. No thanks.

• Marigoria
    Options

tbf looking at the ranks it does look like those 3 purples are in a swf, which makes it easier to rank up.

• Marigoria
    Options

As someone who has a lot of experience with these kinds of lobbies, specially at the time where OP mentioned, you in fact get teamed up with 3men swf a lot when ranks are like this :)

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited August 2021
    Options

So all console players are boosted swf gotcha.

Nice logic.

Funny how I'm rank 1 last gen solo q player then even with all the freezing. Must be a paradox. Being a pc player doesn't automatically make you better you know. Get of that pedestal.

Edit: My last game. Look how your logic makes sense.

Look at the globes. One purple others red. Not really far apart but there is a lot of instances when I get matches like these and it doesn't mean it's swf.

Just stop rationalising your biases toward console players with magical thinking. Not all of us are bad teammates just like not all pc players are good teammates.

Post edited by Shaped on
  • Luckyz17
    Options

My initial post wasnt to claim all console players are bad. But, a large majority of them play the exact same way. I am not sure if its due to everyone queuing solo and there are no communications happening. Or it is the time of day I play. Or what the case may be. But I do notice a small correlation.

• Luckyz17
    Options

This doesnt benefit anyone though. Rushing anything in this game seems to not reward anything considering the parameters that the devs set for survivors to "survive" contain running around and away from a killer rather than stay hidden. So the incentive to gain more points is to actually play with the killer, rather than stay stealth? If that makes sense.

Again I am still fairly new, but the ranking/MM and points make no sense to me.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,898
    Options

3 possible reasons:

1. player activity. If there are 20 red rank killers, but only 30 red rank survivors, there would be an average of 1.5 red rank survivor available for each red rank killer. Meaning the matchmaking has to start looking elsewhere. Now, if there are 45 purple ranks available. You would have a total of 75 survivors for 20 killers. Which is still too little. So 5 green ranks will be picked to compensate for those gaps. Now, if killer traffic is especially high, you'll have 30 red rank killers, with 30 red rank survivors and 45 purple ranks, now you'd need 45 green ranks too. But whoops, only 40 greenranks online right now. So the matchmaking needs to grab 5 yellow ranks. Add in premades(1 green rank teaming up with 1 red rank) and things get even more complicated from there on.
    2. SBMM. Not 100% certain on this, but we've had a week where matchmaking created matches of yellow ranks facing red rank survivors with a much higher consistency and seen those matches be quite beneficial for some. While some red rank survivors fared not so well against yellow rank killers. I've noticed that after SBMM, matchmaking has been kinda broken. So my guess is that matchmaking has been using information from the SBMM week to create matches.
    3. Premade SWF's. Matchmaking does consider SWF's to be better than solo survivors(for a good reason), so chances exist there was a SWF available. Combine this with reason 1 and 2, and you have a perfectly good explanation on how it's so bad.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

The more you interact with others and the killer, the more points you will earn. Getting chased by the killer is better than hiding from him. At least points wise. But some people just want to get to the next match.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,289
    Options

I used to play solo but i found some good people and good players to play with. Never gonna play solo.

Miserable games Vs Fun

Make your choice.

• aperoni
    aperoni Member Posts: 23
    Options

Unless on that rare chance when you end up with absolutely cracked teammates. Then it's a blast.

• DuneT
    DuneT Member Posts: 88
    Options

This is one of the main issues with matchmaking right there. BHVR being what they are, catering with this mechanic mainly to some entitled twats who can't be bothered to wait 2 minutes for a more balanced match.

And the results of this are often pretty obvious on the post-match stats screens. Makes one debate to play less or more infrequently nstead of being thrown by matchmaking into lopsided trials constantly.

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556
    Options

welcome to dbd

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

I had a much more enjoyable time with SBMM on than off. Ever since the test ended my rank 9 survivor gets rank 1 killers and purple/yellow rank survivors. It's all over the damn place, and it's really annoying. I'm tired of the tests, just turn it on! LOL

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

That's just the matchmaking in the Evening. It's all over the place in the Evening to early Morning. Doesn't matter if you're playing Solo, SWF, or Killer matchmaking will always be weird at this time