Behavior Be Honest Do you Care?

There's a lot of videos coming out about hacking and people doing it, but the response you're giving comes off as if you don't care. Almost seems like your priorities are more trying to push this game competitive vs trying to even remotely solve the issues that are plaguing this game.

Listen, I get the naming and shaming thing is what it is, but the response to this comes off as if you're protecting these players over actually ridding the game of them. Why don't you care about game health as much as you do pushing rifts and skins out, separate team or not, they've put in more work hands down.

We need transparency. Do you openly want this game to be Hacker central or are you willing to put the resources to at least mediate the issue, and while we're on the topic, why is it that the reporting process in game is still butt cheeks what happened to allowing people to copy and paste links like you guys paraded about last time?

The point is, if you're more worried about making your game competitive without mediating these kinds of issues, then respectfully your priorities are completely wrong. Lastly not even going to say the name because then I'd be banned just for stating the obvious how has this person done this to streamers and other players for months now and you guys haven't tracked this person down It's actually a joke. Also don't hand me this crap about one thing at a time, it's unacceptable and isn't an excuse anymore, we're going on 6 years and you guys still don't have a functional anti cheat but instead lets poor money into a ranking system great idea. Like a ranking system will be the saving grace of this game get real Behavior enough is enough.

Comments

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

So much for making the game better like they claimed when they bought it from Starbreeze.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,573
    edited September 2021

...How, exactly? Legitimate question here. I genuinely do not see how hackers make them more money.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

I think the problem is there's Hackers who've gone weeks terrorizing people streamers included obviously I'd hope you ban people but there's little to no transparency and there's even people streaming themself doing this and they've gotten away with it for weeks and the chances they haven't been reported are questionable.

My question is how are these players still actively playing the game and lastly is Behavior working with Epic Games to make EAC better in DBD?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

People probably think that they buy a new copy of the game each time, not realising that family share, a spoof, and some tech know how is all you need to get back on your hacked client for free.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

The issue of SWF hasn't been fixed for more than 5 years already, and you expect them to react in a month?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Maybe you should a monthly “ban” number of how many people were banned during that month. Maybe then people would believe lol 😂

I kid of course.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Actually that would probably be enough to shut some people up.

Not me though.

I have been running against even accounts that SHOULD NOT EXIST on Steam in DBD.

There is this DEVELOPER account that doesn't exist if you try to look it up making him virtually unreportable. I'm guessing they spoofed their DBD to be that way.

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854

Give us numbers. How many players have been banned last year for exemple ? And since January 2021 ?

I'm curious cause as in every game, there is at least 1% of the playerbase cheating; even more.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

I've had too many games this past month where I'll look at the player I just played with and they're openly just streaming on Twitch with cheats advertising all of their stuff. Some even detail a lot about it and if they're honest about it then I'm a little disappointed it feels like BHVR relies too much on EAC's automation to tackle cheating.

I hate playing DBD just even humoring the thought of is my opponent cheating? I also hate the fact that if someone is cheating it's a pain in the ass just to report them. My game is ruined and for me to get any results I have to go out of my way and waste my own day just to report them and even so it may even be months before they're removed from this game.

Shit is frustrating.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited September 2021

Being honest I wish you would publicly name and shame people who gets banned in this game and why. At least in Siege while it's a game full of toxic players I at least know people are being punished either through reports or through anticheat. Sometimes it feels hopeless even bothering reporting players on DBD.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Yes let's go back to using the pillory from the middle ages. Things were so much more sophisticated back then.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I stopped playing killer for like a week since I still find the same hacker I've been seeing for about? What 6 months? This is one of the things I hate about steam and the family sharing thing, you can just hack, get banned, make another account get banned, make another account, get banned rinse and repeat.

It is kinda absurd and hopefully one day hackers will be lessened since just this month alone I've been perma blinded, and stunned for about 3 minutes straight.

• coaltrain503
    coaltrain503 Member Posts: 87

There are videos all over the place of one particular hacker who shall not be named, that span back from present to three months ago