The only ppl that don't want SBMM are: SWF death squads and Top Killer mains

SWF death squads: It's not fair. Why are we being punished just because we want to play with our friends.

Now we're only going to face nurses and blights running meta perks with thousands of hours.

Top killer mains: It's not fair. I put a lot of time and effort into this game to be good and now I'm being punished going against sweaty SWFs after SWFs.

How will I ever do my 50+ win streaks again??

You're being matched against someone just as skilled as you. Sorry but no more lopsided matches for you.

My suggestion for both if you don't like it?? play less sweaty and maybe your SBMM will get lower.

Comments

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227
    edited September 2021

Not really true. I'm a solo surv and my last games yesterday was horrible. Slugging, tunneling and all the time the same builds like pop/tinkerer/ruin/undying makes the game in this current status not playable for me. Always facing in my last 6 matches a rank 1 or 2 killer, my mates are the same and myself is 5. Yes, I really enjoyed my last games 👎

And I'm a casual player. That means I play maybe 7 or 9 matches per day or in two days. I don't have the time to spend "more time" into this SBMMR, so it'll match me better.

Sorry to say this but in this current status not enjoyable for me 😶

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Not true at all. I am solo both sides, not super hight I would say but at least very decent and still I am not big fan of this system because we know 0 about it and simply "trust them" after 737372282627 failers (bugs, balances, changes, etc.) just is not enough for me. But time will tell.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

To deadsquads: Maybe becuz the game is actually not made to coordinating teams and so u skyrocket on mmr but dont worry u will use flashlight on nurse to lightburn it.

Top 1% killers: If you are such good its fair u face good players not newbies.If you need to boost your ego I recommend you doing something for charity or any ONG .

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

I'm not sure that's completely accurate. I'm as excited for SBMM as I could be for anything they release here as I found the test previously absolutely brilliant. But I don't necessarily feel top killers and swf will all be crying over this. A lot may welcome the chance to face consistent opponents, rather than get stuck with people who aren't so good.

Some players legitimately had a harder time than some with this, though this is probably due to either a) the issues at the highest of ranks and b) poor data the players themselves caused by previous manipulation of trials. However, I'd say some of those who really don't want this are those who mainly could manipulate the system previously, thereby messing themselves up when this system became live.

• Deferlo
    Deferlo Member Posts: 131

While the new system will greatly improve match regularity and will most likely fix a lot of problem the curent matchmaking create, i only have 1 problem with it:

Being put against player as skilled as you mean you'll need to be at your best every match, be it in the playstyle or the perk used ( a slugging full regression whatever will always be way stronger than his meme / non regression counterpart).

There is nothing wrong with that, but i sure as hell know that i don't want to nor will be able to play at my best every match. I don't mind losing but i don't want to enter a game where i lose my chance to win in the first 10 sec because my perk aren't one of the 6 meta one.

A "ranked" mode is only fun if you have fun in playing sweaty or if you can do other thing to relax, that's why some game have a "casual" mode beside the ranked one.

I'm pretty sure that, in the higher MMR, you will see an increase in afk killer because some will want to lower their MMR to play like before, making the medium MMR The current green/purple rank where killers deliberately go to win easily.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320
    edited September 2021

The main problem I have with it is not really the sweat squads or sweaty killers I'll end up going against (although I'm not exactly thrilled to have that every single game) it's more the lack of information the devs have given about what actually is a win by the MMR systems standards.

If I loop the killer all game and die but did no gens is that a win? If I only did gens and escaped but didn't do anything else is that a win? If I didn't catch anyone all game but got a 4k right at the last minute because of blood warden or NOED is that still a win? If the survivors escape with a key even though I was stomping them is that still a win? And there's the fact that for killer loads are divided on wether 12 hooks or 4 kills is a win. No one seems to really know or agree what is an actual win in Dbd, including the devs themselves.

Another small thing is that they won't show you what your MMR score actual is either. Its gonna be hard to know what to expect when you can't see your own score or even guess what it is when we don't know what it's win conditions are

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854

I guess thee system calculation will be as easy as SPM (score per minute).

You do nothing (camp, roaming around etc...) = low SPM

You do something (gens, chase, unhook, hooking, injuring, healing etc...) = high SPM

• God_Prof
    God_Prof Member Posts: 60

I think it is more important how SBMM calculates rating. And I think camps and tunnels are simply the killer's choice, and if you do camps and tunnels, it's just the survivor plays harder games. If there is a killer A and B with a completely identical skill, B who do tunnel and camp and A do not, but a killer B will be better at killing, and a killer B is more likely to 'win'. Then what's the problem with the B killer getting a high rate? He actually wins the game better. That's why he's rated high. In survivors' point of view just not want tunnel or kill in high rated skill. If including tunnel and camp in calculating rating, then low rated survivors will suffer harsh camp and tunnel with high skilled killer but 'miss calculated' cause camp and tunnel.

Likewise, let's say the A Survivor Squad is a casual squad that plays with chatter, and the B Survivor Squad is a squad of thousands of hours that uses a lot of items and briefs games. The B Survivor Squad will have a higher escape rate, and the B Survivor Squad will be up against a killer with stronger and better skills. However, you should consider giving a Solo Queue player a reward or an Advantage reward to a killer who is competing against SWFs. including displaying the SWFs in the lobby.

In terms of competitive games, this is not wrong at all. However, I don't want to discuss whether DBD is a competitive game or a casual game. And also a casual game can't be a good idea for all players from rank 1 to 20 (Bronze to Grand Master) to play together.

If you don't use meta puck, don't camp and tunnel, and enjoy a weak killer, your rate will fall and naturally match potatoes. If you don't do Gens, your looping skills are bad, and you don't do something, you'll naturally play with killers with bad skills.

It is a natural thing. However, I don't think you actually went through that during the SBMM test. Because the current SBMM system is by no means ideal. Therefore, I shout that the SBMM system needs to be improved. "Of course" SBMM is better than the existing garbage rank matching, but it means the current SBMM matching of -7 stars is better than the existing -10 stars rank matching. If the -7's SBMM system celebrates with pride and self-congratulation, "that's exceed their expectations," the match will be broken again. So I want to introduce a better system, more complementary than -7. The current SBMM still has a long way to go. In addition, other systemic supplements (SWF problems, displays of rates, etc.) that need to be followed by SBMM are not fully resolved yet.

• Deferlo
    Deferlo Member Posts: 131

Taking your survivor squad example into acount, i wonder if there is a difference between your solo queue and squad ranking?

Because even in your A survivor squad, you will most likely have a better winrate, even with non focused teamate, just saying "i'm being chased" and "he is in main building" once in a while will be game changer.

If someone play solo and with friend 50/50, i wonder if it could detoriate the player solo queue experience.

• It won't last more than 1 month so I'm ok with it

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

taking into account that there's a chance that sweat squads will go against sweaty killers (let them eat each other), i'd say just try what you'll face with different builds.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Not advocating against tunneling here, but there will be moments where you just end up running into the previous unhooked survivor because they ran straight into you.

I've had this happen to me yesterday and the day before and well, they were basically the weak link of the group.

While I agree camping should have a higher penalty (except during endgame as there is literally nothing else the Killer could do at that point or to defend), I do think the penalty for tunneling should be based more on how much time it takes before the survivor gets hooked again.

• cyniChris
    cyniChris Member Posts: 207

I don't want SBMM because the last test did nothing but raise my blood pressure, as I was consistently matched with new players and still dying because I ran out of pallets while my teammates refused to do gens.

But please tell me how the system is absolutely perfect and that I'm not as good as I think I am because I die to bloodlust :)

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854

Yes it will happen and it is allowed. I mean, depending of what is going on, sometimes you are forced to do so as a killer but last years, camping/tunnelnig has been polluting the game so bad for survivors...

For the SBMM, i also hope that potato survivors that are boosted to red rank will be at the bottom of it. Survivors that throw all pallets in 20 seconds chases or do nothing but hide in the closet... well, they don't deserve to be red ranks.

• HelloYou
    HelloYou Member Posts: 99

Top players actually WANT to face a challenge versing a good opponent that can make them sweat. That's the mentality of a competitive player.

DeathSquads and top killer : Great, now finally i can have fun versing good opponent(s) and to sharpen my skills even more.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

Nop, I don't want SBMM because there isn't an unranked matchmaking.

If there is a ladder, quick game matchmaking should exist too. Because SBMM will emphasize competitive gameplay, so players will sweat more overall. "Dude, sweat people will go anyway in unranked games for easy games and bully" that would be a super minority, but overall it would be more enjoyable for everyone.

Even in super competitive games, the unranked games are far more nicer than the ranked ones, and hardcore people that go in unranked to bully are super rare.

Good bye the 3/5 fun and cool games, hello 3/4 hardcore games with SBMM.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I'm not a sweat. I don't want it.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Oh yeah its my fault I have played this game and supported it for 4 years and now because of my time in it, my matches will be extremely unfun because of this game's lack of balance. Not every game should be extremely sweaty. I know people that aren't hardcore killer players that complained. This is an asymmetrical game that is already unbalanced at the highest level, thank god they are forcing people into that highest level I guess

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Awww, i'm not a top Killer main. 😪

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

They'll be "extremely unfun" temporarily! Look at the big picture. If your mmr rating will go down after dealing with sweats after sweats, You'll eventually be put at a casual level. Patience.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

What about if my red ranks friends play with rank 15 friends which kind of killer are gonna put

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

This kind of games is why SBMM will hurt solo gameplay.

Unranked matchmaking would prevent this gameplay, over slugging, camp, gen rush with brand new part ,... It would happen sometimes, sure, but rarely.

I'm a strong advocate of an unranked matchmaking or Quick game (the name changes depending of the game)

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Sounds to me like the game has "fun" issues at the high end if that's the case.

• captainlongshlong
    captainlongshlong Member Posts: 87
    edited September 2021

I imagine a lot of killers will stop playing when they realise they're not as good as they thought they were.

I, like anyone else who played enough could easily get to Rank 1. But the reality is if I get matched with very good teams I'll get destroyed. No one is going to enjoy getting shat on every game.

The argument of 'when people play more games their MMR will change and they'll be matched with players at their level' is great. But let's be honest. Is that really going to happen consistently? Not a chance.

• playhard
    playhard Member Posts: 279

SBMM a good start and incentive for survivor who want to try play their favourite killer., we needed more killer player. So the percentage of player that play as killer growing up.

• LegionMainsRCute
    LegionMainsRCute Member Posts: 25

Smurfing is an issue in DbD at the moment and that will never be countered unless the rank system is changed completely which it is, I mean I was trying to do a grind from Rank 20 to Rank 1 in Solo Cue and the first game I found a 3man Smurfing SWF bullying a new rank 20 Executioner. Now I let the man get a 3k because I left the SWF for dead and I also decided to message the killer and I ended up buying him a DLC for going through over 10 Head On stuns, 7 Flashlight Saves and chases that lasted longer than all my relationships. I also played a few customs with him and taught him some basics on looping certain tiles as well as playing Executioner.

Look no matchmaking will be perfect and when SBMM starts there will be a few issues and that's the sad reality although I do believe there should be a different Matchmaking System for Killers than Survivors so people can practice playing harder killers such as Nurse against newer or less good survivors (either that or a practice mode). The main issue is getting rid of Smurfs so newer players can learn to play different killers as well as have a fun time playing.