Would you rather play Haddonfield or RPD

Options
CLB198
CLB198 Member Posts: 315

Would you rather play Haddonfield or RPD 159 votes

Haddonfield
52%
Seiko300Chocolate_CosmosWalterBlackTerminatorGuyTapeKnotbrokedownpalaceCastigado117BabyCameron10TerrorUnleashedSkeletalEliteReikoMori[Deleted User]MrPenguinUistreelzach3734Dr_LoomisAhoyWolfFixtionuLShapedGeneralV 84 votes
RPD
47%
GibberishAdelooOnryosTapeRentalskodiakyVolantConch1719MiriamGjuk3ta1entDimekSacrilegeGGGrandkuramaAven_FallensmappdoodaLeonardo1itapizzaduffyhp90A_Can_Of_AirLunar_WingDito175Chordycepsmusstang62Taiga 75 votes

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    RPD

I would rather play on RPD because at least I know my way around and there isn't multiple infinites and long fences to worry about.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options
    Haddonfield

Both are horrible but most killers can at least use their powers in haddon.

Also I don't need to say why survivors would favor haddon over RPD.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

It depends on which Killer I'm playing as and whether they can actually use their power on RPD or not.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options
    Haddonfield

Rpd is freezing bad for me so haddonfiled. But even if it didn't I would prefer haddonfield.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options
    RPD

I can play on this map all day.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options
    RPD

How do people think RPD is worse than the abomination of abominations?

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options
    RPD

RPD all day long

• KrosseKrabbePizza
    KrosseKrabbePizza Member Posts: 161
    Options
    Haddonfield

As a surv main, i don´t like both but i really hate RPD. Haddonfield is okaish for me (not so strong as many people say in my opinion)

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    edited August 2021
    Options
    RPD

Oddly enough I actually think RPD is a killer favored map. Especially for territorial killers... especially hag. Honestly the map is only bad for nurse, and billy and blight. But other than that I think haddonfield is actually a worse map for killers.

Post edited by Trickstaaaaa on
  • Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    Options
    Haddonfield

Talk about a choice between bad and ugly....

If I'm playing killer it'll depend on which killer as the maps play different. Blight is atrocious on RPD, whereas Wraith or ghostface probably have a much better time.

As survivor I would say they're about equal. It's quite difficult to traverse RPD and for that reason I would think Killers in general would struggle here more, against a solo queue team haddonfield is probably easier to survive.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options
    RPD

I'm force closing the game if I see offerings for either lol

RPD is at least interesting, Haddonfield is boring AND awful.

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 557
    Options
    RPD

I'm gonna say it!

I make assumptions about people's skill based on the opinions they have about the RPD.

🏃‍♂️ *runs away*

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
    edited August 2021
    Options

None. Both maps just look good, but are absolute dogshit when it comes to gameplay. I don't really like dcing when I'm survivor (3/1 in 99% of the times unwinable) so I don't do it... but when I see offerings to either of the map as killer I either camp the person who burned it or just go afk. God damn Hawkings is ten times better than both of these.

Edit: The most bs part about offerings for those maps is fact, that you are guaranteed to get this specific map and are able to prepare for it, while Red Forest for example has two maps - one super survivor sided and the other balanced, which makes the offering okayish.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options
    Haddonfield

There's no contest. I'm a survivor main, so I'll probably be playing survivor, and I have notoriously terrible luck on Haddonfield so the killer actually has a decent chance to win.

Seriously, I'm the kind of girl who finds deadzones and glitches and House of Pain with no windows or pallets. Me on Haddonfield is atrocious.

• fitch
    fitch Member Posts: 143
    Options

balance surviovr map.

• IamVoiceOver
    IamVoiceOver Member Posts: 24
    Options
    RPD

I like both maps from both perspectives, but I'd have to say RPD. I just happen to enjoy the indoor maps more than all the others.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options
    Haddonfield

Anytime

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    Options
    Haddonfield

I'm astonished the results are as close as they are.

Obviously Haddonfield isn't a good map for killer, but I don't find it ridiculously bad. RPD on the other hand is just awful pretty much no matter who you're playing or what side you're playing. I would take Haddonfield any day.

• Ladybird
    Ladybird Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Haddonfield

At least Haddonfield doesn't make my game freeze any time I hook someone.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Options
    Haddonfield

Blight main here, at least I can exist on Haddonfield.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options
    RPD

It has a stuffed tiger

• Leon_S_Kennedy
    Leon_S_Kennedy Member Posts: 66
    Options
    RPD

My reasons seem obvious

• GlamourousLeviathan
    Options
    RPD

All the killers that I like work really well on RPD and I don't play mobility killers neither Huntress/Slinger/Trickster so I am fine with it.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    RPD

RPD is a bit of a confusing layout so I get lost sometimes, but it seems mostly fair. Not too many strong pallets, most of the ones I can think of are gameable. Haddenfield though has some broken loops like the so called House of Pain. RPD is also aesthetically a cooler looking envrionment.

• TheBigGopher
    TheBigGopher Member Posts: 122
    Options
    RPD

Slower killers like Trickster and Huntress also suffer on RPD

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options
    RPD

I’ve played re2 twice and I play a lot of dbd so I know my way around, I main trickster and if I bring an RPD offering I’m bringing the trick knives and the exploding knives addons

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options
    RPD

RPD, It's one of the more balanced maps in the game just for the sheer fact that it's miserable for basically everyone, instead of just survivors or just killers.

• FixtionuL
    FixtionuL Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Haddonfield

I've only played rpd a couple times as killer and maybe once as survivor. Man is that map a maze. I try to cut off a survivor and end up in a room with a dead end and lose a lot of time starting the chase again or breaking off to look for the next person. Haddonfield can have some crazy fence spawns and window spawns but at least it's an open map.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options
    RPD

If I'm lucky, the Survivors won't have time to unhook due to the maze like structure and I'll get some kills

• BenSanderson55
    BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454
    Options

Depends if im killer or survivor. Survivor RCPD Killer Haddonfield

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options
    RPD

Because it's beautiful at least

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options
    Haddonfield

Haddonfield is visually easier to deal with even if the walls are crap and some of the house loops are stress inducing. RPD can feel like a no win situation for both sides just due to how dark some areas are and the library is just the silliest area I've seen in such a long time.

• DredgenWar237
    DredgenWar237 Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Haddonfield

I like RPD (surprising, I know), but Haddonfield is a lot better for me.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Haddonfield

Wow. Didn't think that would be so close. Thought RPD would be a landslide: it's that bad.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options
    RPD

RPD easily I love this map Haddonfield is just garbage for me on both sides annoying as killer and boring as survivor.

RPD I can have a fun time with both sides scary and tight with survivor and fun to surprise survivors by cutting them off from different ways.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options
    RPD

People don't bother to learn RPD, and it was designed with some semblance of knowledge of current chase issues, while Haddonfield (even after its shadow nerfs) is still eminently abusable.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,619
    Options
    Haddonfield

They're both absolutely horrible, but at least Haddonfield isn't a maze and doesn't have survivors abusing the top of the library to not get hooked.

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
    Options

I would rather facecamp the person who burnt the offering or just give up as survivor. I don't dc, because I personally despise people who dc, because they don't like the map or got mindgamed, but on those two maps I am really tempted.

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,205
    Options
    RPD

RPD is not that bad, because you can take the advantages of an indoor map for Wraith, Hag, Ghostface, Pig, and just play on one side of the map with all other killers. Generally it's better than Haddonfield, even if it has 2/3 god pallets.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options
    Haddonfield

at least I can find things