Do you prefer open maps or indoor maps in DBD?

Troman
Troman Member Posts: 264

Indoor maps are Hawkins, The Game, Lery's, Gideon, Racoon City

Do you prefer open maps or indoor maps in DBD? 98 votes

I prefer indoor maps
23% 23 votes
I prefer open maps
61% 60 votes
I don't care
15% 15 votes

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

Give me both.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Depends which killer you are playing tbh.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Open maps for sure.

• BabyBubz
    BabyBubz Member Posts: 68

I mostly hate indoor maps except Gideon as a survivor but as a killer i definitely prefer open maps

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

Open maps definitely.

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615

Indoor maps are ######### baddddddd.

Seriously remove a ton of skill from both sides, and invalidate a majority of Killer powers while barely helping any Killers. The only Killers not hindered in some way by indoor maps are Pig, Wraith, and specifically Scratched Mirror Myers.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941

If i play a stealth killer i prefer a indoor map, with other killers i rather play on open maps.

I really like Midwich. The game is just a really painful map for killer, it has way too many pallets.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

I generally prefer the feel of outdoor maps. Don't get me wrong, indoor maps can be done well, but I feel like almost all the indoor maps in DBD have major flaws to them.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

Overall the outdoor maps play better, although the indoor maps look so much better. Lery's is the only indoor that I'd say is in a good spot both visually and gameplay wise.

Hawkins and Midwich are laughably killer sided, while the former also doesn't allow many killer powers at many loops. The Game and RPD are also so survivor sided that it's basically a joke; Good luck playing Blight on RPD for example.

The main problem that the indoor maps have is that it stifles the tracking that both sides rely on, Crows and LOS. Since neither side can rely on these, tracking becomes a pain and the game innately becomes a tad more irritating, which can help the player become more upset if the game or players decides to mess with 'em.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I like both but prefer in-door. It's more atmospheric.

• IamVoiceOver
    IamVoiceOver Member Posts: 24

Indoor maps by a LONG shot.

Honestly, it's scarier to be hit out of nowhere than literally being able to see the killer at (almost) all times.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

Indoor maps because it makes the game more scarier because sometimes you don't know where the killer is coming from.

• Ladybird
    Ladybird Member Posts: 12

Indoor maps are only kinda fun as a stealth killer. Otherwise they're just a boring, hard to navigate nightmare. Especially The Game with its 400 safe pallets that run themselves.

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118

I do like a mixture of both, I think the best balance is to have maps that have both an outdoor area and a smaller building section.

• Foxy_Teltac
    Foxy_Teltac Member Posts: 277

Indoor maps give a unique twist on the looping situation, I really like them (Besides Midwich, burn in hell Midwhich)

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    edited September 2021

Indoor maps can be fun, but the problem with them at the moment is they are so heavily tilted to one sides favour

Either you're on The Game where it's pallet town galore for Survivor

Or it's Hawkins/Midwich the maps where there's barely any good tiles to use and the gameplay becomes more about just running from one side to the other (At least, more than usual).

There's no good balance of an indoor map that's fair for both sides. At least, not yet.

And no RPD doesn't count, a map being bad for both sides for the most part doesn't make it balanced