What do you think about the Raccoon City Police Station map?

glitchboi
glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Me personally, I hate it. I hate everything about it.

Okay fine, I love its graphical design, but that's about it.

What do you think about the Raccoon City Police Station map? 157 votes

I love it, it's awesome!
11%
SnakeSound222Adelookodiaky[Deleted User]TaigaSackboy123GlamourousLeviathanRattiusGribbloTheWise47BedslambItsDwightFairfieldGamerEzraRez_MarsielCrotonpatriotsteeler05IamVoiceOverDARKKATACLYSMLeon_S_Kennedy 18 votes
I like it.
12%
MiriamGjuk3ta1entTheRockstarKnightsmappdoodaPennosukeDrVeloxcityIcewhisperCornHubChurchofPigKazimReisMinerDwightFairfielddbdplayerabc123JimboMasonlinancyGuiltiiTrickstaaaaaKillergoonieD4M4VR1CKBasurero 20 votes
I like its graphics, but its layout is terrible.
40%
BardSeiko300WoodywoolChocolate_CosmosLiunUKTapeKnotHorrorcomicnerdDimekAven_FallenFog_KingYoukoxEawhippersnapPassarinoTGeneralVQuickStiQzAGMInsaneCoasterMooksHellraisingPredator 63 votes
I don't like it.
3%
ceerooverSypherpathicTripleStealHex_LlamaEsterhauseDistortedDream 6 votes
I hate it.
5%
[Deleted User]SunaIIanuPlantCollectorAwkward_Fienddarkcloudlinkcrims0nriderVioletCrimesfcb 8 votes
I hate everything about it, with a burning passion.
19%
Mister_xDGHERBEARRULESNightgamer454BabyCameron10TragicSolitudemaaadinsomniacKeezojacindazsAhoyWolfShapedPepsidota_good_playerWarcrafter4ccactus623SpookyPumpkinPiezMrGimmsYouTube834r_Herachi_SakuraDarrellM74FengisKawaii 31 votes
Other
7%
etms51NekoGamerXanonymous31337Starr43SebaOutbreakWishIcouldmainTurtleSushiTVAnchorTea[Deleted User]Nathan13N_Crawler 11 votes

Comments

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488
    I don't like it.

Too big, too complex. Not built to make this game fun or to feel reasonably competitive for either side. I think fans of the RE games might appreciate the adherence to the layout but that nostalgia is only momentary and they we all have to live with it and play in this huge labyrinth. There are a lot of extraneous areas like the multiple 'outside' balconies and courtyards or whatever that could easily be cut. Split into multiple maps. Why do we have so many Badham maps and then this one gigantic monstrosity? Maps should be built to optimize the DBD experience, not to enslave everyone to a nostalgic look at another game.

• N_Crawler
    N_Crawler Member Posts: 28
    Other

I haven't seen the Racoon City Map.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,142

I can't find my way around!! 😭 The random blighted areas look out of place, the graphics/textures look unfinished, and it's a damn maze but there's no mini-map so teammates die because I don't know how to get to them.

• Falsher24
    Falsher24 Member Posts: 4

The worst map in dbd I ever seen

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Other

Only played it once. Use to hate Midwich with a burning passion but got use to it. It'll be the same with this map.

• RealKamakaze
    RealKamakaze Member Posts: 117

Look all indoor maps are pretty bad, survivors can't find generators, some killers either become super overpowered or unable to even M2 and they're pretty much just there to look good instead of be played well. This map is utter garbage the amount of dead ends and narrow corridors with no pallets is unreal and finding generators is like trying to find water in a desert it's annoying, boring and messy. Considering there is no DC penalty I DC most times I play this map just because it's not fun to play on and I play to have fun. Sorry to all Resident Evil fans but this should never have been made into a DbD map.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    I like it.

I am pretty much unaffected by its layout since I've played RE2 around 8 times, excluding my s+ runs, so ye

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301
    I like it.

Wish they would give more maps the Badham Preschool treatment.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702
    Other

It's just okay I guess. I've only played on it once but my mind may change in future matches.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I imagine just all 5 players walking around the maps for 10 minutes trying to find their objective.

• 834r_
    834r_ Member Posts: 14

i main blight so

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

It looks good, but the design is not a good fit for DBD.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

I like the map, but I think it's really big and the layout is very tricky to navigate. It looks amazing though and is virtually (if not fully) identical to RE which is something I love about it.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    I like it.

Personally, I've been learning my way around the map and I absolutely love the aesthetic.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

People also dislike the map graphically?

layout is definitely too complex and on top of that it’s too big and there are seemingly too many deadends or long ways that down have many options to navigate..

but.. casually playing on it can actually be very fun. But that would need all other players in the match to be casually playing as well and there are always people that need to be competitive (not to blame them, just natural in this game, but it is taking away some of the fun especially on a map like this)

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

I love how it looks! And how loyal it is to RE2, i think it looks awesome.

However it seems like a pain to play on, so huge, its indoor, multiple floors... Yikes.

• enormous_bruh_moment
    enormous_bruh_moment Member Posts: 136

I love the aesthetics and visuals of the map, it is without question a beautiful environment.

But, it's so labyrinthian in addition to its verticality, that I feel bad for the devs for how much time and money must have gone into making this big of a mistake.

Maybe my heart will soften towards it like it did towards Midwich, but this really feels like the map shouldn't be in this game.

• HybridLPangel26
    HybridLPangel26 Member Posts: 119

no likey 100% thumbs-down cannot be done map is too difficult to walkthrough and gets lost going around and cannot understand where i'm going in that map. If i am connected to there in survivor/killer i will have to make a pass and leave immediately.

• ItsDwightFairfield
    ItsDwightFairfield Member Posts: 3
    I love it, it's awesome!

I personally love it due to how identical it is to RE 2 and 3 remakes. Even though I'm quite familiar with the layout I do find myself losing track of where I am and where I need to be but as a casual player I don't really mind.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    I love it, it's awesome!

I'm a huge fan of RE 2 and 3 i think for dbd this map is maybe a little to big but in my opinion they shouldn't change it.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    I hate it.

As killer, I'm a Blight Main :)

I'll probably just eat the 5 min penalty if I get this map on him, it'll legitimately not be worth my time.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited July 2021

It's just not a map made for DBD and it's playstyle. It feels like more of an afterthought.

It's a big maze. The survivor holds W zigzagging out of rooms. The killer is looking down at the scratch marks constantly trying to figure out if you turned left or right. Oh they turned left but you thought they went right for 2 seconds? Have fun catching up, inspecting the floor again.

Have fun using killer abilities like those of Blight, Oni, Nurse, Hillbilly, etc.

And for survivors it's bad too. Where are the generators? Where's the hex totems? Why are some pallets so, so bad that you may as well run through them?

Hallways are tight enough for killers to really easily facecamp by body blocking passage ways.

I like how the map looks, I've played RE2. It looks fantastic. But it's just not for DBD.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277
    Other

I love it, it's awesome it just big and a maze but people get use to it in time when the maps fixed to play on normally.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Other

I haven't played it yet...

• glitchboi
    edited July 2021

I feel you man.

Tell ya what, I'll kill you, if you kill me first.

• Friendbilly6969
    Friendbilly6969 Member Posts: 35

yes lets stroke are chainsaws together sensual like

• glitchboi

oh no

• Friendbilly6969
    Friendbilly6969 Member Posts: 35

no homo

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265

And I thought Midwich was bad...

• Croton
    Croton Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    I love it, it's awesome!

I really like this map! I havent played re2 but this map just feels so fun to explore but it can be a problem getting around so maybe add different stairs but make it like the one in midwhich of how the stairway is behind a wall so its up to the killer if they want to open up those extra entrances or not

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    I hate it.

There is a reason they give you a map in Resident Evil 2. The place is way too maze-like and you can't find anything. It also has the same problem Midwich has where you can hear stuff above or below you, but you need to cross half the map to get where you want to go. As much as I love the aesthetic, I absolutely despise playing on that map.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156
    Other

Haven't played it yet

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

I have always been an odd fan of indoor maps, but this one... This is straight from hell. I have NO IDEA how this made it past the team? It's huge and horribly designed.

• jacindazs
    jacindazs Member Posts: 139

I definitely hate this map. Huge maze. Several games. Cant find totem. Cant find hatch. Cant find generator. Also cant reach hooked survivor. The graphic is nice but game is unplayable for me.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873
    Other

Too early to truly know how I feel about it but I don’t hate it and don’t love it.

Midwich for example… hated it until I found my favourite spots. Now I don’t mind it.

Police station I still just need to find my favourite spots.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657

I have played one game on this map.

It lasted 25 minutes.

The survivors were apparently sprinting around for 6 straight minutes looking for my totems and I didn't see a single person in that timeframe.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    I hate it.

It’s too big.

• patriotsteeler05
    patriotsteeler05 Member Posts: 13
    I love it, it's awesome!

Just to let you know I have never played resident evil 2 but even then I am seeing a lot of people say that they can't find their way around which is fair but their are so many ways to learn for example I watched dyllonkg's video on it where he showed the entire map layout and from just that video I now can find my way around it and I enjoy it

• etms51
    etms51 Member Posts: 607
    Other

i poll others, good graphic to see, but the gameplay is the worst map. only for accept to fanbase.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,855

Have you ever wanted a map so big and maze like that you can easily run around for 2 minutes without finding your objective? No? Well too bad because this is rpd in a nutshell

• maxjacobusvoid
    maxjacobusvoid Member Posts: 7

So, I'm going to pre-empt this with the statement that I fall on the side of bias that I've never played a RE game. I'm going to honestly say I have no qualms against the series, I've just never gotten around to playing one of the installments. As to that matter, I voted that the graphics are good, but the layout is terrible.

From what I gathered from other comments, this is very faithful to the layout of the RCPD from RE, which is cute and all, but after playing it multiple times on survivor and killer, I've come to hate it with a passion regardless of the class im playing.

😣 The map is too large, both vertically and horizontally, with most of the rooms looking identical so youre unable to tell what side of the map you're on until you find the foyer.

😣 There are large portions that can only be accessed by 2 or 3 doors, all of which are close together, causing a funnel effect.

😣 There are multiple rooms that are legit dead ends.

😣 With the way the hallways are set up, pallets tend to just slow down a chase, turning every match into a guessing game on if the first survivor to be chased can get the killer to break every pallet or not before the first 2 gens are done.

I've worked in software dev and I've known for a long time how arduous game design can be, but the level design on this map is just too convoluted for me to want to even both playing it. I've literally taken to abandoning the game when it rolls because I would rather take the loss of my items that round and another 5 min wait in queue than to play that aggravation again.

Please, remove the map from the map table until you redo it.

• IamVoiceOver
    IamVoiceOver Member Posts: 24
    I love it, it's awesome!

One of the best additions to the game since Midwich.

• HelloYou
    HelloYou Member Posts: 99

It doesn't belong in DBD.

• Ladybird
    Ladybird Member Posts: 12

It's beautiful, there's no real denying. The art team did a great job and you can tell they put a lot of care into making it as faithful as they possibly could.

that said this map is responsible for every bad thing in my life