The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Missing the point sbmm

I think from all the sbmm threads I've been reading here that everyone for it is missing the point that everyone against it is trying to explain

Behavior will implement sbmm whether we like it or not however they have chosen to do so and notlet us know how this mmr is calculated or figured out

So basically what this means is say I play only solo survivor theoretically okay and I rarely heal people. What if behavior makes one of the stats for calculating mmr healing or unhooks then I get punished and will never achieve the highest rank even if I played flawlessly

Or let's look at it from the other side say I play only weak killers and one of the stats for calculating mmr is gen pressure or how much time spent in chase, do you really think killers like pig or myers will ever hit rank one?

I'm not saying the system works like this but how do we already have people praising sbmm and acting like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread when we literally and yes I'm using that word accurately literally know nothing about it

Comments

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556
    edited September 2021

It can kinda be switched and be said for people complaining like hell about it yet they don't know enough about it.

(Just saying, so chill people incase anyone attempts to go off on me).

• SPADESinst
    SPADESinst Member Posts: 84

For the most part as a survivor, I try to max every category, which you should be doing as well. For the most part, unhooking counts as one of the emblems. Which gives you more pips. You should honestly try to unhook/heal someone at least once a match.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

Unfortunately we can only hope the system is good

But McLean said that before he left he saw the MMR system and how it works, and he said that more people would like it if they knew what he knew about it. So I think we should be alright.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I understand that, but what YOU don't understand is that they will never release that information because they do not want people manipulating their mmr. That is just the truth of the matter, sorry to say. You will literally never hear it from their lips. Wait for people to test it out themselves and discern common observations and weigh those as you will.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,339

Here's the thing, there's no reason to need to know how MMR gets calculated besides trying to intentionally tank your MMR to face weaker opponents. Which would defeat the whole point of the MMR system.

Just play how you want to play and let the system match you with people who are around your skill level.

• GrayEyes
    GrayEyes Member Posts: 379

I'm not worried about my rank in sbmm I'm saying you could potentially be punished simply for playing the game how you want and not how the devs want, and that's exactly my point sbmm will impact the quality of my games based off factors nobody knows

• GrayEyes

That's exactly my point tho and your still missing it say I play the game how I want and I rarely heal or unhook so theoretically I could have a really low sbmm and keep getting matched with potatoes who do the same

• GrayEyes

My point is sbmm is dumb because If I ever wanna play against scrubs I can just throw 10 games straight and then bam I'm a god mode player playing against scrubs

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

But what is your point? That is good, you should be matched with and against potatoes to have more balanced games.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Anything is better than the current version of SBMM, aka the pip system.

• GrayEyes

I just choose to play like that cause I want to I'm actually decent at the game and should definitely not play against potatoes cause if I played killer vs potatoes I'd 4k every game

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

Yeah and some people didn't have miserable games so from their experience they know enough about it not to hate it.

It works both ways is all I'm saying.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

The complete lack of transparency on sbmm only leads me to believe they have zero faith in their own system and would prefer to keep the playerbase in the dark.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,816

This. I think some people have been expressing anxiety about being "correctly rated" by SBMM not because they want to get evenly-matched games, but because they care about being rated high as an end in itself. I think we should just wait and see if there actually turns out to be an issue where people consistently find themselves in matches where one side gets stomped. If that happens, then that would be a sign that it's not working, and the devs can investigate to find out why.

IMO, players don't need to know how the SBMM ratings are calculated -- just what the intended outcome of the system is. If the outcome is different than intended, that's what we need to report.

• GrayEyes

I gotta say fellas with how behavior has balanced things in the past such as billy and legion and pig u would not be shocked if sbmm is as simple as

Ok you won last game let's put you against other people that won so maybe you'll lose

Or ok you lost last game let's put you against other people that lost so maybe you'll win