More objectives would , In my opinion, make the game more fun

For example, A new nessessary objective for the escape of survivors, ( Idk like a gas can for the gens or somthing, needing to repair the exit gate switches before they are operable, but that could be completed pre-emptivly , before the gens are all powered, brainstorm with me pls ) , that needs to be completed before the exit gates can be powered, and secondary objectives that are not nessessary, and use precious time for survivors to complete, but reward the survivor graciously for doing so ( Maybe rigging the exit gates to open faster once the generators are powered, doing some sort of spooky ritual in the basement to have some beneficial effect on the map for survivors, idk, brainstorm again pls)

Generaly, the Longer a match goes on, the worse it is for survivors , and the better it is for the killer.

I think longer matches would be a good buff for all killers, without directly impacting the abilities of killers themselves, and making them too powerful.

Survivors Would probably need more defences that just windows and a Limited number of pallets to compete with the extra objectives though.

It would be cool to see other things in the game than just repairing generators.

Obviously, this is just me throwing a topic at a perverbial wall, Im totally curious of what others think.

Also ignore the spelling errors pls, Spellcheck isnt working here and Im a filthy millenial whos been spoiled by it! Xp

Comments

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

filthy millennial welcome to my world

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Tbh, a second objective (and please not holding M1 for seconds again) is not only what we need to balance "genrush" but also to make playing survivor fun again.
    After nearly 2k hrs I can't play survivor for more than 3 rounds if I play2win (aka playing as intended), unless I goof around and get killers attention on purpose for the whole match.
    The thing is, second objective gets suggested for years, yet the only thing we got was milking those juice of the plants from the last event. We can brainstorm as much as we want, I personally don't believe that the devs will ever implement that. 
  • jaerthebear
    jaerthebear Member Posts: 212
    Tbh, a second objective (and please not holding M1 for seconds again) is not only what we need to balance "genrush" but also to make playing survivor fun again.
    After nearly 2k hrs I can't play survivor for more than 3 rounds if I play2win (aka playing as intended), unless I goof around and get killers attention on purpose for the whole match.
    The thing is, second objective gets suggested for years, yet the only thing we got was milking those juice of the plants from the last event. We can brainstorm as much as we want, I personally don't believe that the devs will ever implement that. 
    Welp, time to go on strike.

DBD UNFAIR!

COTE IS IN THERE!

STANDING AT THE CONCESSION!

PLOTTING HIS OPPRESSION!
  • Edboy427
    Edboy427 Member Posts: 11

@DwightsLifeMatters said:

This. A secondary objective would be great as long as its somewhat different from just walking up and holding M1. maybe some kind of search and retrieve mechanic. as for what the objective would actually be, I'm not sure, but some kind of benefit for doing so (besides extra blood points) would be nice.

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

One way to add new objectives, would be to change the exit gate to some other form of escape. (Ex. An old fashioned mine elevator.)

Now that the final object is different, we can alter the rest of the objectives more easily.

Perhaps you have to locate a certain number of cogs or levers to unlock certain areas around the map. Inside each area you find what you need to repair the "broken elevator...s".

After repairing....you may leave.

On the other hand, one could keep the exit gate as the final objective....and change some of the objectives leading up to it.

For example, lets take the boring as sand generators out.....and add in a randomized switch puzzle. The answers for which can be found scattered throughout the map.

Such a thing would require some form of communication you say? Well, for those not hooked up to mics and wanting some mysteriously old timey communication device.....I propose pad and pencil. Yep. Incorporate special emotes that can be accessed after picking up a pad and pencil on specific maps...and only for those maps. (no need for them on generator modes....lol)

The emote will have the character draw predetermined symbols on a sheet of paper, and show it to the person in front of them.

once all the puzzles are cleared....the door is accessible. It works as per usual.

There are so many new and interesting ways that this game could be expanded into. We are just scratching the surface....and want more challenges and things to deal with. Give us options and variety. We are past ready.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

I think a lot of you are missing the point of generators being a time sink in that 1) It's somewhere the killer knows you will be and 2) you will be there for a prolonged time.

There is a gameplay value to generators taking time. If you make them harder, new players and probably old players will complain. If you make them faster, it's not fair to the killer because even if there were 15 generators that you needed to do but were quick and the total time was longer than the 5 you do now, the odds of the killer finding anyone is slim.

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    That is true...the above examples do not factor in the factors of time crunch and killer to survivor interaction.

These will need to be considered when building scenarios.