Suffering before you get to be a good Legion?

Options

I know I'm new to the forums, but I'm not new to the game. I've been basically run through the hoops, looped, and stalled out by survivors and it's really pissing me off. Even more so that even though Legion is supposed to be a faster killer during fury, I've experienced that he actually runs SLOWER than the survivor still. Especially when going through grass, corn field, or anything like that so I have to stay on a path or I'll slow down.

I feel like it's poorly executed. However, on the flip side I hear there are actually good perks to play as Legion in a decent way. But, still at lvl 18 without the majority of those needed perks, do I just have to suffer through the trolls in each map? I'm ultimately frustrated to where it's no longer enjoyable to play. :angry:

Comments

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    The most immediate change I can recommend is that when you know a killer is going to be released in the near future, save up bloodpoints to the 1M cap. This will push you to near 40 with smart and efficient blood web spending. You can also save daily rituals for a littl more then shrine of secrets for yet more to give you the most advantage possible as far as perks and add ons
  • Nightshade
    Nightshade Member Posts: 26
    Options

Take a short walk through the forums and you'll see you're far from the only one with issues concerning Legion. The concept is cool but it was indeed poorly executed. Wait and hope for a patch to mend the glaring flaws instead of frustrating yourself trying to cut with a dull edge.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

A lot of people have problems with his lack of a lethal power, but I'm pretty sure he's faster than any standard killer while in frenzy.The chase shouldn't be the biggest struggle with Legion. Though admittedly, some of the better survivors will be able to loop you into a pallet that they'll try to stun you with to stop your frenzy and cost you some time if you want to back off and avoid it which may be all the time they need to get away before frenzy ends.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,412
    Options

It''s not just you, the killer is extremely weak and that was intended by the devs.

• SchipperSkippie
    SchipperSkippie Member Posts: 5
    Options

@Nightshade said:
    Take a short walk through the forums and you'll see you're far from the only one with issues concerning Legion. The concept is cool but it was indeed poorly executed. Wait and hope for a patch to mend the glaring flaws instead of frustrating yourself trying to cut with a dull edge.

I have looked around and I have indeed noticed the issues people have playing the killer. Thank you for encouraging me to keep looking through tho. I think I'll be playing some other killers until Legion is buffed or fixed.

• SchipperSkippie
    Options

@Blueberry said:
    It''s not just you, the killer is extremely weak and that was intended by the devs.

I don't think I have an issue with a "weaker" killer if that's what they were going for, but if it's supposed to be fast he should be fast is my issue. :p

• SchipperSkippie
    Options

@Dehitay said:
    A lot of people have problems with his lack of a lethal power, but I'm pretty sure he's faster than any standard killer while in frenzy.The chase shouldn't be the biggest struggle with Legion. Though admittedly, some of the better survivors will be able to loop you into a pallet that they'll try to stun you with to stop your frenzy and cost you some time if you want to back off and avoid it which may be all the time they need to get away before frenzy ends.

That's kind of the issue though. Even in Frenzy as Legion I've slowed down through grass, sand, or any other terrain that isn't a path which is weird. That drives be crazy tho that I'm trying to catch up to loopers and whoopsie a patch of grass slowed me down. :'(

• SchipperSkippie
    Options

@azazer said:
    The most immediate change I can recommend is that when you know a killer is going to be released in the near future, save up bloodpoints to the 1M cap. This will push you to near 40 with smart and efficient blood web spending. You can also save daily rituals for a littl more then shrine of secrets for yet more to give you the most advantage possible as far as perks and add ons

This is actually really helpful and I'll bear this in mind for the future to level up new killers! :) Thanks much!

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options
    Corn as Legion is godawful (I play on PS4) and the Field Of View and framerate while frenzying and going after Survivors (when spread out) is just terrible.  
  • Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

You can't be good at Legion.

You can be good at killer, tracking, priorizing objectives, slugging etc...

But Legion has no counter play. This killer isn't skill relevant.

Your performance gonna be influenced by

• How wide is the map (if you can't hit multiple survivors and have to have a tunnel vision, then it gonna be add on influenced)
    • How survivors react to legion (if they heal, they waste time, if they gen rush, you're #########)
    • Add ons (Frank mixtape and CD reduction. Basically you end each chase in less that 20 sec without any mind game or counter play on the other side)

If you're bad a tracking, it's not legion related.

Bad at priorizing and lacking on broken "playstyle" aka camping + Noed, it's not Legion related.

Be a good killer first. Then you'll see Legion is actually broken and boring. (for both sides)

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Jago said:

You can't be good at Legion.

You can be good at killer, tracking, priorizing objectives, slugging etc...

But Legion has no counter play. This killer isn't skill relevant.

Your performance gonna be influenced by

• How wide is the map (if you can't hit multiple survivors and have to have a tunnel vision, then it gonna be add on influenced)
    • How survivors react to legion (if they heal, they waste time, if they gen rush, you're [BAD WORD])
    • Add ons (Frank mixtape and CD reduction. Basically you end each chase in less that 20 sec without any mind game or counter play on the other side)

If you're bad a tracking, it's not legion related.

Bad at priorizing and lacking on broken "playstyle" aka camping + Noed, it's not Legion related.

Be a good killer first. Then you'll see Legion is actually broken and boring. (for both sides)

So first thing with tracking, legion has a significant disadvantage with tracking with his frenzy denying him scratch marks increasing the likelihood of him losing targets if the survivours are smart and can juke the killer using the enviroment around them to force them to guess your movements.

The problem i encounter with
    survivours when it comes to fighting against legion is survivours do not make an effort to shake em despite the fact that legion wont be able to see your scratch marks or is stuck in the stun animation whilst propeling you forward after being hit.

This is where a more advanced knowledge 9f the killers is necessary to perform well in higher ranks. I could argue billy requires no skill which early ranks ya his skill level is low but once we hit high ranks survivours efforts to deny you saws is what you have to fight against which demands proper reads.

If i could make a change with legion to enable additional counterplay it would be stuns deplete his power irregardless of whether its active or available for use. So now the legion becomes a matador style killer. If survivours drop the pallet on you as legion you are stunned and your power is inactive until it recharges. If they drop it early legion can strike you by hoping over the pallet. 

Make it so a survivour begins bleeding out whilst being chased but the bar stops at 30% allowing for a down with his ability. Whilst in legions terror radius. This means survivours will have  time to lose legion or find a pallet to stun him if he goes for the downing blow.

While legion is in killer instinct the duration of his power is doubled (you enter this mode after hitting a fresh target who is not suffering from deep wounds.) This makes it so legion can spread his damage out more often. 
  • samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    Options

I thought those people complaining during the PTB simply didn't understand how to play The Legion yet. I decided to wait for the DLC and give The Legion a fair, untainted chance. Man, were those people right! Never have I encountered a Killer that is simply annoying to play, underpowered, and worst of all... confusing. There are killers that I don't like, such as Huntress, but I get her mechanics. With The Legion, his mechanics make no sense even after a couple of days of playing. They really should've waited on this DLC but I feel they were backed into a corner as they have a roadmap, it's the holiday season, and Last Year was finally coming out. I get what they were going for, but it just didn't work out. They are probably aware of this and decided to fix him after the holidays. They probably also know some will defend him regardless. I gave Legion a fair shot and would rank him below Freddy as Broken/Unplayable.

• StigWH68
    StigWH68 Member Posts: 22
    Options

dosent matter if ur legion is lvl 1 or 50 ! that killer is a totally waste of money and time.

Useless compaired to the rest of the killers

• Raging_Ryuga
    Raging_Ryuga Member Posts: 53
    Options

I have a guide out for him. I get frequent merciless for him now. Only thing I'd change vs. what I said in the guide is get rid of distressing, keep discordance and then run frank's mix tape for 3 hit downs :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIQHSTwP4pc legion is an amazing killer

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

He can't even charge for a normal 32m TR, I always have problems on large maps. If I'm chasing someone and I catch them or lose them and then Discordance tells me two people are on the other side of the map, I'm not reaching it in time and they have ample time to make a counterplay, hide, make a save, lose me etc. I can get juked real easy with Legion, other killers not as much but more o with Legion and always during Frenzy. If I lose a game as Legion it's because I couldn't hit anyone with Frenzy or the map was big, that's it, if those factors aren't in play then I win.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

@Raging_Ryuga said:
    I have a guide out for him. I get frequent merciless for him now. Only thing I'd change vs. what I said in the guide is get rid of distressing, keep discordance and then run frank's mix tape for 3 hit downs :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIQHSTwP4pc legion is an amazing killer

Ok two things, those Duration addons, they stack? They don't say they stack.

Distressing and Monitor? How do they work together exactly? Someone else had this idea but we didn't know if they worked together or not. So is your natural TR expanded by Distressing and then shrunken by 8m or is your 24m TR down to 16 and then expanded by Distressing? I know the Frenzy makes it larger as well but what I am really asking is does Monitor actually make your TR bigger when you have Distressing? I know it's conufing because I confused the hell out of myself when I wrote this. I hope you can answer this lol

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

@zarathos Tracking is ok, you got eyes, brain, and if that isn't enough you just can use Stridor / Bloodhound.

Legion is easy to play in my opinion, too easy.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Jago said:

@zarathos Tracking is ok, you got eyes, brain, and if that isn't enough you just can use Stridor / Bloodhound.

Legion is easy to play in my opinion, too easy.

Exactly like billy you will experiance a proper challenge as you climb. Stridor isn't gonna do crap vs iron will the default perk any survivour should use due to spirit, nurse even other killers. As for bloodhound this when the challenge ramps up controlling your blood by taking turn and moving across windows to obscure your trail. If legion is cautious you cant shakem but if he will be spend significant time following your trail buying your team time to finish gens. 
  • Raging_Ryuga
    Raging_Ryuga Member Posts: 53
    Options

@HatCreature said:

@Raging_Ryuga said:

Ok two things, those Duration addons, they stack? They don't say they stack.

Distressing and Monitor? How do they work together exactly? Someone else had this idea but we didn't know if they worked together or not. So is your natural TR expanded by Distressing and then shrunken by 8m or is your 24m TR down to 16 and then expanded by Distressing? I know the Frenzy makes it larger as well but what I am really asking is does Monitor actually make your TR bigger when you have Distressing? I know it's conufing because I confused the hell out of myself when I wrote this. I hope you can answer this lol

Yes, but after extensive playing i might suggest stridor over distressing at this point. But to answer your question, it does stack up. What ends up happening is, when you're out of chase your terror radius is smaller bc of monitor, but still slightly increased because of distressing (don't know exact numbers, but it's practically same as w/o im pretty sure) - but when you get into a chase, monitor procs which increases your terror radius even more. Add frenzy and that makes your radius huge. Now though, I run discordance, stridor, monitor and abuse, and hex: ruin. After that, my addons are frank's mix tape for 3 hit downs, and either iridescent button (for infinite terror radius) or the purple knife addon that considerably increases mend time. It's a great time to farm addons as well due to christmas boxes. If you want my opinion though, those are the best combinations you can have. The 3 hit down is almost unmatched. The two duration addons do stack though, you get to run for an absurd amount of time so they're pretty good for starters. All the other addons like speed, etc are kind of useless. I don't run bloodhound, shouldn't need it to be honest. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I also uploaded a recent video to the same channel showing the iridescent / frank's tape build so if you're curious to see how that works feel free to check that out (or try it for yourself, works wonders)

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

still getting looped as legion, here is a tip, you suffer as nurse too, when you learn nurse, she is ungodly powerful, legion is slightly different

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@SchipperSkippie said:
    I know I'm new to the forums, but I'm not new to the game. I've been basically run through the hoops, looped, and stalled out by survivors and it's really pissing me off. Even more so that even though Legion is supposed to be a faster killer during fury, I've experienced that he actually runs SLOWER than the survivor still. Especially when going through grass, corn field, or anything like that so I have to stay on a path or I'll slow down.

I feel like it's poorly executed. However, on the flip side I hear there are actually good perks to play as Legion in a decent way. But, still at lvl 18 without the majority of those needed perks, do I just have to suffer through the trolls in each map? I'm ultimately frustrated to where it's no longer enjoyable to play. :angry:

@alivebydeadight said:
    still getting looped as legion, here is a tip, you suffer as nurse too, when you learn nurse, she is ungodly powerful, legion is slightly different

Legion is not like nurse.
    Even if you have 4k hours on him, you still wont be able to compete with SWF like you can do with nurse.

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    Options
    i'm not needed but coldwind farm is my favourite map as killer. on the spirit, i notmally get 4k (though i haven't lately bc i don't get cw farm). but recently, i was playing the legion (i force myself not to use frenzy) on cw farm. i got 3k, so. idk the last person got through the hatch but i got 3k.
  • Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Are you having fun playing legion? If the answer is yes, then continue playing him.

If the answer is no, then stop. Personally I find him to boring to play with and against. Poke, poke, poke, snail speed to get someone. Flip side, get poked, rub your belly and look at your hand for a few seconds and repeat this over and over for 30 minutes.  Yes, riveting gameplay. 

Its honestly a shame because I do like his/her look. Would’ve been a lot better had legion been a multiple personality killer... they missed the boat on that one.