Is this game getting boring or toxic

Options

So I played against a wraith, I forgot his perks, but I know one was star struck that literally worked from across half the map and he also had a perk that I guess if more then one survivor is working on a gen they get the exposed effect, so the wraith has speed, then more speed when he uncloaks, invincibility and one shot potential lol, when I first started this game I thought it was fun, now I've never been so irritated with a game where I contemplate whether or not I want this game to continue to take space on my console, am I the only one

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

How is that toxic?

But yeah, I guess exposed effects on Wraith are particularly nasty. I can see it not being a fun game. Wraith matches never are for me.

• DouubleYou
    DouubleYou Member Posts: 28
    Options

Honestly, I would rather take this game that another meta game. At least it spices it up a bit.

Definitely not toxic though.

• milwaukee354
    milwaukee354 Member Posts: 316
    Options

How is that toxic, but then you answered your own question lol

• milwaukee354
    Options

Yeah I use to have fun with, now it's like the same rinse and repeat, it feels like there's no strategy in it no more, when killers just run op perks and everyone just dies, it feels like camping in cod games to me now

• Tomplexthis
    Tomplexthis Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2021
    Options

its always been toxic. the survivors are all super obnoxious.

infinite stuns, infinite loops, pretty much never ending pallet boards.

some killer perks are annoying, but there isnt a single "stun" perk. just a ton of exposed ones.

• milwaukee354
    Options

I'll take a stun perk, then a exposed perk any day, exposed being one shot you're done, stun just means you catch up to the survivor with 4.6 second speed, big difference, I've seen killers still get 4k's against stun perks and top players using them, I never see all survivors escape against exposed perks, if any

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 764
    Options

Since when killers or survivors using perks someone doesn't like became toxic? lmao

Sometimes, it's pretty annoying to go against numerous Decisive Strikes and Unbreakables or Exposed perks or Exhaustion perks, but it doesn't make the game or the player using them "toxic". "Toxic" is when after losing the game people go out of their way to complain about the fact that they lost, justifying their loss with how their opponent is "bad and boring". "Toxic" is when after the match ends people start writing slurs, insults, death threats and extensive amounts of profanity and trashtalk just to make themselves feel better. That is *toxic*.

Perks, addons, items and powers aren't toxic in any way - they are a natural part of the game.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201
    Options

The game is neither boring nor toxic.

You just complain too much.

DBD is a simple game, and is easy to enjoy, whether you play survivor, killer, or both.

Just play the game and have fun. It's simple.

• Tomplexthis
    Tomplexthis Member Posts: 23
    Options

ive been up there, in the red ranks as killer back before the nemesis update broke the game

its awful, being stunned a million times. and its awful to vs a killer with 4 exposed perks.

i just generally think the games unbalanced-able, because both sides have exceedingly cheap perks.

• Renjiro
    Renjiro Member Posts: 53
    Options

Maybe he had distressing, so starstruck had a bigger range. It's nice to see some non meta perks being used. It's not toxic lol

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options

Wraith games are stupid in general most cracked killer you want to greed? Oh lemme uncloak so I can catch up to u in a second wanna throw pallets? Oh lemme fake uncloak and break pallet with extra speed and catch up with u within second and so on and on and on it's such a boring killer

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,282
    Options

If a Wraith has Shadow Dance there is something you can do against it, just keep vaulting the pallet and itll prevent him from breaking it

Most of the time youll force him to uncloak, making him break the pallet normally

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,282
    Options

Thats because stun perks arent really that good, exposed perks on the other hand are decent.

It also depends which perk it is, Make Your Choice, Hex: No One Escapes Death and Hex: Haunted Grounds are the most popular among exposed perks are for good reason, they're pretty good. How ever a perk like Dragon's Grip or Iron Maiden arent nearly as strong because of their requirements/cooldown

And you should really read the perks killers bring into games, knowing how to identity a killers build while in game can help you out A LOT

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Its definitely gotten pretty stale that's for sure

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556
    Options

Explain to me how that is toxic? I really don't get it.

Just sounds like you're annoyed about that Wraith game then came to the forums to rant about it.

Newsflash, perks aren't toxic. They're literally perks, they're in the game and that's that. Never understand that argument for either side.

I get it, when Wraith runs myc or sstruck then yeah it can be irritating but not toxic in the slightest.

If you're that frustrated, uninstall.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

I would take wraith any day over tournament nurses and knockout twins.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994
    Options

Nah. Haters are wrong. Dbd has gotten boring. Its literally the same ######### everyday.

• fitch
    fitch Member Posts: 143
    Options

Play more plz.

New players need more pratice .

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Omg he's using perks that's so tahxic

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options
  • LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 540
    Options

I took 2 & a half months away from this game & left the forum too mostly for personal reasons though some members here didn't help so much.

Having come back to the game a week or so ago & i've been having a blast win or lose (about 50 / 50) had my share of hard tunneling / hard camping killers but that's never really bothered me that much.

Had the tbags & flash light clickers from survivors too but again never bothered me.

Some times a break really does help with the grind & burn out dbd often provides.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    edited September 2021
    Options

I would say annoying.

He is one of the characters that is not fun to play against for new players and players with experience. the game can become boring after awhile.

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    Options
  • SPADESinst
    SPADESinst Member Posts: 76
    Options

I would just say annoying, not really toxic, just annoying. I get doing the same thing can get boring for some people. It's just I somehow still enjoy this game like I just bought it for the first time. Normally I get tired of games after 300 hours but I'm still playing this game nearing 500 and probably going to be at 1k at the end of this year.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

It always had a certain amount of toxicity but thats every game. But it is getting boring. With the lack of events and just band aid "events" with crowns and cakes. The last event I remember was either the pustules event or the lantern event.