We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer.

Im not hating on this because I use it alot as killer but I do want to point out that using this combo literally takes away from the pressure aspect. These perks do most of the work for you and allow you not to have to pressure gens and what not. I think that this combo should not be a thing and killer should (including myself) get bett at creating map pressure without the use of perks that do most of the work for us. this is my honest opinion.

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Disagree, ruin only pressures one survivor at a time unless the killer is capable of juggling multiple survivors, usually dependant on how spread out and easy to down they are. Undying isn't worth a slot just to extend another hex.

Tinker is good, but I've also seen it ineffective at helping a killer to stop Gen completion.

• Tomplexthis
    Tomplexthis Member Posts: 23

Tinkerer + Nightmare, kind of fun.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

Ive seen and had games where the trio literally won the match for me / the killer. Sure it can be taken out but when it isnt it literally promotes lazy killer gameplay. I respect your opinion and agree they can be taken out but when you play it on a map like swamp its gg 100%

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

I will have my opinion on this regardless as this is based on what I have seen and played.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,202

Yea, on high mobility killers, it seems overkill, but the counter is easy, all you need is small game, detectives hunch, that new perk that came with the last DLC or a map. Heck, play long enough and you will start to remember where totems spawn. Swamp seems bad, but I find them relatively quickly. Midwich and RpoopD are nightmares without a perk or map.

It's only 100% gg if the survivors were lazy or just simply not as good as the killer is. The new SBMMR will reveal how bad things really are.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Just leave the game, wait 5 minutes, and hopefully roll a different experience. Or try playing a different game that's actually got some variety.

I mean, if you're not having fun seeing the same crap over and over again, just peace out of the game. This is not supposed to be a job or obligation.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Situationally any loadout can promote an easier game, though I disagree that loadouts alone can let a killer be lazy. If it feels easy over just enough for you to put in the work, I'd put that on the caliber of survivors. Killer effort is needed to win a match, survivor failure is needed for perks alone to be their folly.

Could just be my experience, but rarely do I see teams that allow for lazy/chill play. Only time I see survivors not pushing gens is when they're attempting to record bully tactics. Once in a blue moon I might get a solo/noob squad, but with those my loadouts are almost irrelevant anyway.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

Either way I thoroughly enjoy destroying totems, so when I get rid of Undying and then Ruin the feeling of the killer losing their grasp on the game is oh so satisfying.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,202

That's because most survivors underestimate the potential for NoEd or would rather just bring in stuff to bully the killers with or rush gens as fast as possible. If NoEd was really such a big deal, at lease one survivor in every match, would bring in a map or perk to counter it.

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

I totally disagree with Ruin, Undying, Tinkener (RUT) and prefer to use Ruin, Surveillance, Tinkener (RST).

Works better, since you can still monitor gens after ruin is gone. And undying is not the best protection against people with totem perks... But those people are rare ;)

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Only on strong, fast killers. Throw this build on Pig or Legion, or even Plague and Demogorgon, and it's not even that good.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Sadly this combo exists because without it perks like prove thyself, and items like toolboxes and brand new parts see to it that gens fly within a matter of minutes regardless of how skilled a killer may be. It's also double trouble for a killer if they have no map pressure.

• MadLordJack

It's nice when it works out that way. I enjoy totem hunting purely for fun, so when Hex perks are in play I have a blast, but it's often just too late into the trial that Ruin finally goes. 3-4 minutes of Ruin/Tinkerer/Wraith is devestating.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

I almost never use maps to actually map things out, I just use them to boost my Objective points. Especially when I'm burning a BP Offering. Placements are much better now than they were, but they are still static spawns. Once you've played the map(s) enough, you know where they are located. If I really want to hunt totems, like say for a challenge or just for something to do other than M1, I'll run Small Game or Detective's Hunch.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

I mean yeah that's usually the reality, but its the fantasy that really drives the totem hunting gameplay

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited September 2021

As many have already said. You get absolutely nothing out of this build unless you pressure the gens yourself. Old ruin you didn't have to do anything and it stalled gen progression but that's not the case anymore. You get rewarded for playing well. Unlike some other perks I can name that reward you for playing poorly.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

For ruin and undying to work you need to apply pressure if you leave survivor on gen ruin will do nothing. Tinkerer is the info perk that help appky pressure but whitoyt ruin ti kerer is not that good

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Ruin: is better now then it was before (but thanks to it's use some survivors are good at hitting great skillchecks) now it does take a killer to stop the survivors from completing a gen... plus with the regression only .50 charges per second it really is the best regression perk

Undying: again better now then before but still knowing it won't last long puts extra pressure on the killer to get some use out of it

Tinkerer: Shows which gen is near completion so it would be best to go to it and do something about it... plus 12 seconds of undectible can be used in chase (vary situational)

I don't use any of these perks BTW so do correct me if I am wrong

I use: Sloppy/Corrupt/BBQ/Whispers (sub out Sloppy for STBFL or Discordance)

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Huh? Demogorgon is one of the better killers to have this on, you can literally teleport to pressure cross map gens.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

People say NOED cultivates bad habits on killers but I think over reliance on Tinker / Ruin / Undying is far worse.

You're REALLY putting all of your eggs in one basket with Ruin Undying and Tinkerer is really good but kind of bad when it goes off ×3 and you can only go to one generator.

Personally I run Tinkerer for the undetectable status effect more than anything. Otherwise I like to use Discordance because Prove Thyself is rampant and finding 2 or more survivors on a gen is a goldmine.

• MadLordJack

Not really. That requires you to have taken the time to set up the portals, and for Ruin to have lasted that long. Two things which aren't often going to happen in the same trial.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 847

its almost like the devs should consider changing the meta. To bad they are hacks when it comes to game design. I love them but these are facts

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403

The funny thing is that discordance is one of the best perks to use with undying/ruin/tinkerer. Like you said probe thyself is common and most of the time you cant stop a gen with tinkerer, when two survivor are on it. Even without prove thyself its hard. So discordance is the perfect perk to counter this.

But discordance works certainly great alone. Most of the time you find two survivors at the start of the game, you can keep track of the entire team better and it helps you to find the survivor you want to chase.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,169

You literally have to pressure gens to get anything out of these perks.

Tinkerer goes off, you have to drop what you're doing and make a beeline for that gen.

That's fine for high mobility killers like Blight, Billy, Wraith etc. but not so easy or cost-free for slower killers.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

These perks are only oppresive on the S tier killers. Trapper with it is still a joke.

They should buff some other perks (on both sides) to make meta more than 6 perks on each all the time.

I dont run these perks because I dont trust hexes spawns and I hate tinkerer because how many tinkerer blights I ve been versing lately. But I can understand people running it since it has great synergy with their power.

But I wouldnt nerf them anyways.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

I don't care about this build unless it's on Blight or Nurse. People do not need these perks on these killers, and if someone can't win as these killers unless they're using that build, then they suck.

Funny part is I see this build more on Blight and Nurse, when it would make much more sense for a weaker killer to play this build, but I never see this build on killers such as clown.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Unless this combination somehow makes killers teleport survivors onto hooks I fail to see how they take away from pressure.

Ruin doesn't work unless you're actively patrolling your gens.

Tinkerer only exists for you to generate pressure by patrolling the highlighted gen

Undying just exists because totem spawns aren't getting any better.