What do you guys consider a win?

Options

I'm genuinely curious, as a huntress main, I can care less if I get all the survivors. As long as I get a couple good hatchets, I call it a win. Makes things much more enjoyable. How about you all? Survivor or killer, either or, what do you guys consider a win? Gens? Hitting with abilities? Totems? Long chases? Short Chases? etcetc.

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Did I have fun?

Really that is my definition of a "win".

Even if I lost to a four man escape, if I had fun in the game, then it's still a win for me.

Even if I died in endgame due to NOED, if I had good chases before it, that's still a win.

I don't fuss about how to win too much. I just wanna have fun.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

3 kills or 3 escapes

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,554
    Options

A win for killer is 3 or 4 kills. For the survivor teams it’s 3-4 escapes. Personal survivor win is an escape for yourself.

But… more important is: did. I have fun? Did I have a chance of winning/losing at all? Were the chases fun and not one-sided? Was everyone able to actually participate in the match and collect points?

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

Good chases, maybe some kill(s) and having a chill fun game.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 540
    Options

I agree fun is the most important factor but in pure practical terms I'd consider 3 for either side a win & 2 kills 2 escapes a draw.

Some of those wins might be cheap or unfair for multiple reasons but at the end of the day its a game enjoy it or play something you will enjoy.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

With the new sbmm you need to start to get used to 2k 2e.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

4 bbq stacks

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265
    Options

LOL THIS TOO OMG I FORGOT. I get a rush of some kind of feeling when leveling up the tree too

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

I actually liked the way they phrased this on the last satisfaction survey, where there were two separate categories for "I won" and "It was a successful match but I didn't win." Because, truthfully, to feel like I won, I need to escape as survivor and 3-4K as killer, but there are lots of other things that can make it feel like a successful match even if I don't win. Including if it's fun, and if I get to do my challenge.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628
    Options

If I'm doing challenges, thats a win in my book (take a protection hit 15 times, hit a survivor 10 times while exposed, etc.).

In general though;

Killer: good match with good plays. If I'm playing my Hex Wraith build, I like to see Hex: DH get 3 stacks. I'm happy after that lol

Survivor: good chases, 4 WGLF stacks is fun. I actually looped a Nemesis the other day for more than 1 gen (usually i go down in 45 secs ). He ended up proxy camping, I got unhooked and he tunneled me. But then DS (1st time used since it was in Shrine of Secrets the ither day) set me free. Then he tunneled me and I was done again. But the chase was fun, I got 2 killer stuns as well!

• Bravobro
    Bravobro Member Posts: 117
    Options

I won when I had fun. No matter if I play facecamping bubba that only kills one or if I had a really sweaty game where I get all 4.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655
    Options

Killer- 3k with 8+ hooks, or a 2k where there was a good battle over the final gens.

Survivor- All gens finished and I escape (I'm usually solo queue)

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545
    Options

A win for me is either a 3k/4k — or a 0k/1k/2k but everyone who escaped was on death hook. I try my best not to tunnel so I don't beat myself up if I didn't get as many kills due to trying to make the game fun for everyone :)

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,998
    edited September 2021
    Options

4 BBQ stacks with a score of 25k or more.

Bonus if I pip, negated if I depip.

• Foxy_Teltac
    Foxy_Teltac Member Posts: 277
    Options

Suvivor: Performing well or escaping

Killer: 2k and beyond, people usually consider a 2k as a tie, same with me but the way it feels is more of a victory than a loss, a tie is a win on both sides imo

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options
  • SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374
    Options

I go by the Rank system, meaning a pip or double pip is a win, a blackpip is a tie, and a depip is a loss. might not be a perfect condition, but its vaguely accurate for most killers.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

Like one match in 20 is what I would say is 'fun' but that is enough to keep me playing I guess.

Escaping as a survivor is my personal win.

If the match was close I consider that a win as killer. I don't necessarily have to kill anyone, just if they know that if things continued for much longer they would of all died is enough. I actually want at least one survivor to escape, I'm odd I suppose.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 602
    Options

If i have the highest score at the end of the game, i achieved 1st place which is a win. Applies to either role.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,193
    Options

Success touching the husk

Escape as Survivor. Or may be have some good chase, do some gen, some unhook and die is also acceptable

For Killer I want to make Survivors struggle hard, kill doesnt matter. Which is why I use End game build.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

A win for me on survivor side = 2+ people escaping via Gate. I also consider it a win if I end up being a sacrifice so the 3 others can get out. Hatch is considered a win, but only if I did a lot of work/helped my team a lot during the match.

A win for me as killer is simpler. If I can get a 3k, I consider that a win, as I've killed majority of the team.

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124
    Options

As a survivor? Prevent to being 4kd...at any cost.

As killer? Whatever...

• IamVoiceOver
    IamVoiceOver Member Posts: 24
    Options

As a Survivor: Just escaping by myself is a win, doesn't matter if anyone else escapes.

As a Killer: Getting the 4k by any means necessary.

• SudoK7
    SudoK7 Member Posts: 68
    Options

All i care about is piping when i play killer/survivor. If i pip that's a win. If i maintain that's a tie. If i lose a pip that's a loss.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

3k-4k on killer. 3-4 escapes on survivor regardless of whether I escape or not