What happens to mori'd survivors?

ThatDidact
ThatDidact Member Posts: 33

Okay, so we know that when a survivor is sacrificed, the Entity feeds on their emotions, their hope, etc., and they're spat back out at the campfire, still stuck in the nightmare, their spirit slightly drained. When they're sacrificed enough times, they become a useless husk that the Entity tosses into the Void. But what happens to survivors that the killers actually kill? Are they still sent back to the campfire, or are they actually dead? Gone for good?

Comments

• ThatDidact

@Orion said:
    They go back to the campfire.

How do we know this?

• Nebiros
    Nebiros Member Posts: 17

@MegaWaffle said:

@ThatDidact said:
    Okay, so we know that when a survivor is sacrificed, the Entity feeds on their emotions, their hope, etc., and they're spat back out at the campfire, still stuck in the nightmare, their spirit slightly drained. When they're sacrificed enough times, they become a useless husk that the Entity tosses into the Void. But what happens to survivors that the killers actually kill? Are they still sent back to the campfire, or are they actually dead? Gone for good?

I would wager they go back to the campfire but the Entity doesn't feed off them. After all if you read the description given to each Mori it is always the Entity giving the Killer permission to take a (or all) life by his own hands.

Its like making a plate of bacon to enjoy but then that sweet dog of yours gives you those eyes (you know the ones) and you can't help but give him some of what you wanted to enjoy...

Yea, what that guy said...

10 outta 10! :D

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@ThatDidact said:

@Orion said:

How do we know this?

because thats the lore

• ThatDidact

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@ThatDidact said:

@Orion said:

How do we know this?

because thats the lore

According to...?

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186

We see Jake get mori'd in the trailer, but we don't see his soul get taken away. It looks like he died just as any normal person would.

I don't think they get taken back to the campfire. I think the Entity removes them from that particular 'bubble' universe and drops him right into another.

If they woke up by the campfire, which is the only 'nice' place in the DBD universe; survivors might notice that.

• Shraar
    Shraar Member Posts: 219

When I get mori'd the next thing I see is my character running through the fog just like a sacrifice or escape.

By the way, I don't like the idea of being killed/sacrificed over and over until you're a husk and thrown into the void. Like, that's hopeless. There needs to be light at the end of the tunnel, that would make lore more compelling, otherwise it's just a huge downer for me.

• Shraar
    Shraar Member Posts: 219

@Mister_xD said:
    no matter how you die in the entitys world, as long as there is still hope in you, you will wake up at the campfire.
    if there is no hope left the entity can deour, your going in the void.
    and we know nothing of the void.

I don't think the void is real tbh. I fell through the map once and I didn't see darkness, as the ground above slowly faded up everything became brighter and brighter until it was all white. After waiting there a few seconds I had to shut the game down with the task manager.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
    Shraar said:

When I get mori'd the next thing I see is my character running through the fog just like a sacrifice or escape.

By the way, I don't like the idea of being killed/sacrificed over and over until you're a husk and thrown into the void. Like, that's hopeless. There needs to be light at the end of the tunnel, that would make lore more compelling, otherwise it's just a huge downer for me.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel vigo, and Benedict escaped the trials and are still alive
  • TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
    Shraar said:

@Mister_xD said:
    no matter how you die in the entitys world, as long as there is still hope in you, you will wake up at the campfire.
    if there is no hope left the entity can deour, your going in the void.
    and we know nothing of the void.

I don't think the void is real tbh. I fell through the map once and I didn't see darkness, as the ground above slowly faded up everything became brighter and brighter until it was all white. After waiting there a few seconds I had to shut the game down with the task manager.

Lol habe you see the dbd parodies on YouTube you fell into Minecraft mate, that's why we never leave the map.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Shraar said:

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it false. Sometimes, things just suck.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

@Orion said:

@Shraar said:

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it false. Sometimes, things just suck.

Not every story has a happy ending; but learning to survive is essential on the behalf of the surviviors. Whatever the survivors do, the entity feeds off of it. According to the wiki, it states “The Entity feeds on strong emotions, for example the Killer's rage, the Survivors' desperation, hope or even affection towards other Survivors. The easiest way for it to procure those strong emotions is through the never-ending trials, invoking hope in Survivors towards an escape from the nightmarish construct. The actual process of feeding itself comes in the form of the sacrifice. It is through that bizarre ritual that The Entity can extract the nourishment it needs to increase its power and sustain itself. Its eventual goal is to consume the world, and each sacrifice plays a part in that growth.

With each passing death, a little of the Survivor's soul is lost. Eventually as all hope evaporates, the Survivor becomes less and less useful to the Entity, slowly devolving into a cold and emotionless shell. These lost Survivors, whose hope has long since left them, are eventually throw into what is known as "The Void", a limbo full of such empty shells.”
    Pretty much, there’s no light at the end of the tunnel. Though, who knows what the void is like; I’d imagine it to be a grim, cold, and dark pit; much like a ravine. However, “The Void” could also be seen as our reality, where the “shells” would go insane, or just wander the void for eternity.

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    They are killed, Dead as the end screen label them as. But as the Entity insists, Death Is Not An Escape. They are never "Truly" dead.
  • AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:
    Shraar said:

There is a light at the end of the tunnel vigo, and Benedict escaped the trials and are still alive

I don't think they did, after all the entity wouldn't allow them to escape, and trying to find out how to break a metal room from inside it is hard enough. Vigo maybe could manipulate it in his favor, but the Entity was always stronger then him.

• streamer_memer
    streamer_memer Member Posts: 6

Jake wasn’t mori’d we see trapper pick him up right after

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

I might be thinking about this the wrong way but what I always thought they implied was that Trapper outright killed Jake with that swing.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Obviously they die

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

Wait, does that mean, in the very opening of the game itself, Trapper is using the "pile them all up in a dying state and then start hooking" method? LMFAO

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

Devs mentioned that Entity feeds by strong emotions. Sacrifice rituals are slow, gruesome and painful, so, they are more preferable (or tasty) for Entity than memento mori kills. Althrough, Entity still feeds off them, they serve more like a reward for a killer. Yellow mori description literally says

"You worked well, the last one is yours."

After memento mori survs still go to campfire.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

They go back to the campfire, to prepare for the next trial. Only if they are completely demoralized, as if they have no more hope to give, do they go to the Void.