pinhead unfun to play against?? more so annoying

dannyfrog87
dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

ok i know its my first game vs him but his chains are annoying as ######### .... kind of says it all when all 3 other survivors rage quit i didnt but i cant say i blame them .... lol. anyone else find him annoying? constantly being chain grabbed i wanted to go for the box but then i thought if i do will the game crash??

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

There annoying yes. But he's fun to play as. He's just as annoying as clown movement bein restricted is very annoying.

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143

If your main concern is the game crashing then you should post this in the bug reporting thread. If your concerns are the chains then the best work around is making distance, and watching for when he uses it. It's not hard to move left or right and dodge them, on top of that, you can use the environment to break chains even faster.

• Gnarkill7603
    Gnarkill7603 Member Posts: 3

Also if this isnt about the chains the killer controls and the chain hunts try to find the lament configuration it'll help the chains go away

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I had my first match against him today (I didn't mess with the PTB this time). I enjoyed facing him. I liked the sound work on the chains and felt that there was a satisfying, tangible sensation to being snatched by them as well as breaking them. They DO come a bit too rapidly - I had to break free of like three of them just to open a single chest - but they add to the tension and help to make the character unique (as well as true to his style). I might get sick of him eventually, yes, but I like the design and enjoyed my first match with him (which we won).

Playing against Pinhead isn't like playing against any other killer. If people are already ragequitting against him then they're petulant babies.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

He reminds me of Clown. Super spammy power that doesn't really do nothing. Not even mentioning the box thing is super anti-solo queue.

• dannyfrog87

i did distance i ran all the way across grim pantry .... lol healing. interrupted. doing a gen interrupted like i say first game but it did piss me off and the other survivors. as all 3 dced .... how can i watch when he uses it if its not on me even if its appearing on the survivor names on the right. i guess il try against him more. how he hits too seems abit weird or not accurate lol

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143

With your entire team disconnecting then yeah your pretty much screwed unless you find the hatch. As far as the chain hunt you need to solve the cube, but it's pretty pointless to solve it if you have no teammates to distract him. Could be just a one-off.

• SPADESinst
    SPADESinst Member Posts: 84

Really annoying, especially if your team ignores the box for the entire game. I still do like playing against him, idk about playing as him though. For the last two killers, I never really tried to play them because their playstyle doesn't interest me.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

And so it begins

• dannyfrog87

well. im not saying nerf but i find it annoying as ######### myself personally. i didnt quit but they did or the game crashed idk i cant tell with this game honestly the amount of bugs or things that break lol

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    edited September 2021

The chains are only annoying when the survivors allow the chain hunt to harass them. Knowing when to solve the box is helpful - if Pinhead is in chase, get to a safe looping tile and solve the box in case he teleports or solve it when he picks up a survivor to hook them. I see one too many survivors solving the box out in the open or in a non safe area. I don't know if survivors aren't thinking about if he teleports... they just solve le cube.

I've also used the cube to lure Pinhead to me from a survivor on death hook that he's chasing if I can spare another hook. Ya gotta be smart with le cube to wield it.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

Sometimes you get so caught up multitasking in a match, and you forget about the box. Once a chain hunt is activated, does any one have advice on how to solve without being interrupted by the chains? I think it’s stupid that the progress resets every time, since a chain grabs you every two seconds and you can’t solve and dodge. Very frustrating.

• dannyfrog87

i was trying to get too the box every time i did the light disappeared but it was my first match so maybe i need more experience no idea where the box is meant to be i couldnt hear any noise to suggest it was near by so ive no clue .... yeah the chains grabbing me every 2 seconds without the box was annoying so i cant imagine how it was trying to solve the puzzle lol

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

I think he's fine overall. He just feels like another flavor of the same killers we've been getting. Anti-chase with an extra gameplay mechanic. Doesn't add anything too interesting to gameplay because of that, but he's not terrible or anything.