so sweat groups have already learned if you play pinhead you become a pure M1 killer, MMR = joke

Dsalter
Dsalter Member Posts: 239
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

just had a game 1 of 5 in fact where they will take the box and hold it hostage the whole game because they know the other 2-3 people are doing gens, all they need to do is bones and chases to 100% turn off pinheads chain power.

well played, pinhead is a joke and it only took a day out of PTS to work out how to make him worse than clown

10/10 would waste my time again.

i bet resetting everyones "skill" bracket for this crap of an MMR was the move of a galactic brained party player.

this crap is so abusable now its borderline sickening.

EDIT: to cralify im not specifically pointing at grades, im pointing at the fact i have almost no play time in the current system while they are massively ahead to the point the gap difference would have roughly been in the old system rank 17 vs rank 1,1,1 and 12

Post edited by Dsalter on

Comments

• Dsalter
    edited September 2021

the grade isnt the issue, i took a 2month break, so im a "0 mmr" player due to their resent slate wipe, the groups im being put up against as a "new" player are so desgustingly one sided its borderline questionable how setting the default mmr to the BOTTOM of the numbers was a freaking good idea.

when you do mmr system you start people at the middle so people can either climb or fall.

starting at the bottom means you will ONLY climb, never fall, meaning whenever a sweat group wants to stomp "ez" games they can just get a DBD gift for a friend, let him "smurf", party with him, artificially lower your groups mmr low enough to be against "ez" matches, repeat ad infinium.

edit: and because bottom of the mmr means you cannot go any lower, new account smurfing will become so abusable that new players will almost ALWAYS be against either sweaty smurfers or literal newbies, no inbetweens, and because losing means no progress AT ALL because your always at the bottom, this pattern with infinitely happen

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Once again, he isn't meant to just be boring m2 killer. Go punish the box holder and kill them if they won't solve it, the punishment for holding it is very annoying, doesn't make it very hard. Don't know what else to say, it puts them at a huge disadvantage.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

Wait this is Dead by Daylight forums? I thought this was Deathgarden.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

I've been playing Pinhead only and my games have been fine. In fact, my last two games, I have dual hooked all 4 survivors with them only completing 1 gen. At that point, I just played around with the survivors, learning how to manipulate the hook.

You probably played killer a lot and was getting "skittle" survivors, which was giving you easy 4ks. You have to let MMR adjust to all the new data it's getting from just being turned on.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

I might have missed this, but I don't recall them saying they were starting everyone at 0? If so then I am a lot more ######### at DBD then I thought because my games were not against new players. They have been gather data for almost the entire year and before if I recall correctly so you taking the last two off wouldn't really matter. But once again this could be under my false assumption that they didn't start everyone at 0.

As for the smurf... The SBMM takes the team average, so yes one player being a lower MMR would lower it, but shoudn't really be a smurf...

Lastly holding his power is kinda dumb, chain hunts are super annoying, you can either treat it as a 3v1 as the person with the cube is really going to get harassed to much to be productive towards then gen goal. Or you can down him and start the chain hunt which will take everyone off gens.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I don't get it. Killer Instinct procs when they have the box (or maybe when they begin solving) so you can teleport o them. if they don't solve chain hunts begin either way you know where the box is when they have it. Least that's how my game played out.

• Dsalter

match may have gone slightly better had i gone as something like nemesis or spirit, but the whole team had second chance perks making the game that much more unbearable, that as well as clearly being voice commed because the moment i would start a gen, i would see another run past to do the gen, if i end the chase to go tap the gen to stop them they'v all scattered before i even get there, etc.

come end game which i myself initiated because they were 99ing the gate i downed the one guy using possessed to stop him escaping and dragged his ass back in, his 2 buddies who hadnt already left trying to body block the whole time, then proceeded to take turns trying to face unhook, so well in fact one of them used deadhard to stop me from inturrupting the unhook, at that point i just bailed, wasnt worth it.

and yes they smack talked the whole after game with the usual cancerous "haha face camp noob" "baby killer HAHA!" and my personal favorite "gunna cri noob"

it wasnt worth playing after 5 games of this crap, this 5th game was the straw that basically said "this is DBD from now on, enjoy being a survivor only player, a masochist or quit the game"

• Dsalter

chain hunt only affect the box holder while they carry it, if they do not try to solve it, no instinct or teleport is available.

he abused this and took the box out of play essentially and just did gens and looped while holding it.

chains were out of play for the other 3 players because of this so they were able to power house the gens and body block me if i managed to get close to taking the box away from him.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I believe it's when they start solving. I'm not sure if the Chain Hunts begin is the survivor is carrying the box (if so that would remove the incentive for just stealing the thing)

• Dsalter

correct, chain hunt doesnt happen for anyone but the box holder, asl ong as it remains unsolved, meaning if they just grab it and run around, the chain hunt NEVER starts, so the power is taken hostage by 1 survivor.

• mouse0270

If some dude was successfully completling gens and looping you well they had an active chain hunt (which holding the box does, it gives that player a chain hunt)... Then either that player got the best RNG in the world or you just didn't play well. It's super easy to down the player holding the box cause chain hunts slow them down quite a bit.

Now to be fair, this can also be RNG but if he had it most of the game, then as I said before either he had the best RNG in the world or you could have made better plays.

• Dsalter

it was the doctors map so indoors, easy to avoid chains, the only time he did gens was when i stopped bothering to chase him because he had an insane amount of body blocking from teammates, pallet RNG, and deadhard, after wasting 3minutes trying to take the box back i knew it wasnt happening so i went for his buddies, they were just as eager to be chased as puzzle box boy.

the game ended with one hook because the box holder got cocky at gates and i dragged him back, but they still saved him and because of D strike, he got a free escape since iths either pick him up and eat the stun or let him crawl to victory.

lose lose situation, thats when i didnt see the point in staying and gave them a quitter bonus and ate a "mmr" hit, i might end up tanking just so i can get a footing because screw this mmr crap so far

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

Question: wouldn't the OP be a 0 MMR killer with Pinhead specifically? Or close to it? MMR is by-killer, by my understanding, and the Cenobite's been our barely 72 hours. Unless overall killer performance is also a factor, shouldn't that mean any Pinhead players are technically new.?

• Dsalter

if its per killer basis then true, but if i recall theres some info somewhere (if anyone knows where it is please post it) where they specificed they were resetting the hidden skill level to fine tune the new mmr, this in itself is an adament idea but resetting it to ZERO is not

• mouse0270

I am not trying to be an ass, but your using a map where RNG favors the survivors for his power as your example... Which don't get me wrong, is not great, BHVR should really work on chain spawns for indoor maps. Its not really a fair test or the fault that the players used BHVR bad choices to take advantage of a killer that is so heavily RNG based.

You really shouldn't be complaining about the survivors, but more so that his chains RNG logic for his chain hunts either do nothing or are extremely oppressive and indoor maps exaggerates that to an extreme

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Most likely the OP plays killer a lot. When he plays a new killer, whatever score he's been getting previously translates over. So if the OP was continually getting 4ks on Nurse, then played Pinhead for the first time, then Pinhead gets part of the Nurses MMR to adjust for players that know how to play Killer but don't know how to specifically play a new killer.

• Dsalter

the point is there were almost NO chains BECAUSE he took the box hostage, cant have RNG chains if he takes the RNG away entirely, sure the one guy had chains but he was also on a map that favored him, meaning my ability to be oppressive was denied entirely, no killer power should be completely switched off by the survivor (if the killer misses an ability, doesnt setup, whatever thats fine its the killers fault) otherwise its not a killer is it? if the enemy can completely take your ability away thats down right broken.

imagine if survivors could lock the lockers and deny hatchets+knives, disassemble all bear traps permanently or wear gas masks so clown has no effect, it breaks the balance, this is whats happening to pinhead and his box currently

• Dsalter
    edited September 2021

i play both oddly enough, it depends on how my mood is, both my ranks pre-changes were usually in the green range, not great but not awful, so would explain some of it but wouldnt explain the uber sweat groups, i rarely saw those before the new system, so far its been 5 out of 5 games

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488

Well the idea of separating MMR per killer was to alleviate some of the issue with going against very good survivors with a new killer. The question is, if some of the 'residual skill' from other killers moves to a new killer, how much is it?

• mouse0270

I mostly play killer, but do play survivor with my friends. None of us hold the box as in your example, but we have only really every experianced less then a handful of chain hunts. Cause we just go and do the box when it appears.

Which you're saying is denying the killer their power, but its also taking someone off gens. Rarely has the box appeared next to us, we usually have to run across the map for it. You may not be getting map pressure from the chain hunts but you are then getting pressure from people not doing gens. Its really a win win for the killer. And this only becomes harder after a survivor dies. The game already drastically changes when it becomes a 3v1 but a 3v1 that also has to prevent chain hunts... Thats pretty oppersive in my limited experiance.

So once again, I am sorry you got screwed over on an INDOOR map by an RNG mechanic. But this still seems more of an issue with the map design then anything else. I suspect you have this issue far less on outdoor maps, I know I do.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Well yeah, that is a ######### comparison lmao you can say "play nurse lmao" against any killer because she is the best. She beats everything

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

We don't know how much. They haven't stated it and won't state it. It's been asked over the months of testing. All we know if that the MMR of your other killers has a strong bearing on the "beginning MMR" of your new killers.

• Sypherpathic

I haven't seen that anywhere. It seems to me it would make some sense to start a player that does well with other killers out at better than 0 with a new killer, but sounds like maybe they're putting people too high. In theory, wouldn't the MMR system move that killer/player combination up or down to compensate? Whereas the old system would force the killer to either suffer or depip on purpose? Seems like an improvement, to me.

• Dsalter

its not that they are solving it, they are REFUSING to solve it, the chain hunt doesnt start not because they are solving it, but because they are holding it.

the box will only hunt the box holder if they pick it up, if that single survivor is good as looping, or keeping the killer busy that box is doing NOTHING for the killer but reminding you that your still being looped due to the clink of the chains constantly missing the box holder.

you cannot teleport to the guy to stop him solving the box if he is refusing to solve it, as long as he HOLDS the box, the map wide hunt never starts

• chargernick85

I'm iri 2 at the moment. My first Pinhead game was against all ash players.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

The wife and I enjoy Hellraiser. I usually never buy a Killer at launch, and have been reluctant to get him while the crash-bug is still a thing, but I think I might just bite the bullet this evening. I'm one of those players that doesn't give a damn if he's strong, I care if he's fun. And a lot of people are saying he's fun.

• chargernick85

I thought he was. I play on Series S and have had no lag, frame drops, etc at all. Played against him 3 times (1 the killer got booted at end) and once as him. No issues here so not sure what system you have but good luck.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 815

Gold I would have been Rank 5 in the old system, Iridescent IV would have been Rank 5, so that is only a Grade difference (and grades are not used for matchmaking anyway) so I don't think that they are exploiting the system.

Sure, there MMR might be very different, but we can't judge that.

• mouse0270
    edited September 2021

Yeah thats the RNG I keep mentioning, his RNG for a chain hunt either on everyone or just the box holder needs to be adjusted to a middle growd. Becauses its honestly either completely useless or extremely oppressing. Once again this is less to do with the survivor and more to do with BHVR's RNG and the Map as in indoor map will have more chances to block chains.

I bet you've had matches where the chains carried heavily, I know I have but you don't complain about the chains being oppressive in those instances. Its like when nemsis gets carried by zombies just being in the right place and downing a survivor at just the right time, no one complains about that rng but they complain every they feel like they didn't get any value.

DBD is sadly an RNG game, you're going to get matches where that RNG carries you and then you are going to get matches where BHVR's RNG bends you over and makes you its play thing. It sucks and I fell you, trust me I do, I've been BHVR's plaything many a times in my nearly 4k hours. I just feel like its a hard thing to fix and I hope they work on it. But its a BHVR thing not a survivor thing.

• Dsalter

big difference between nemesis and pinhead is the survivor cant take your zombies hostage.

sure terrain might do that but at least nemmy can reset them with a quick whip.

pinhead cant reset his box if they decides to abuse the poor decision of how his chain hunts work

• mouse0270
    edited September 2021

Once again if you are not downing the person holding the box who is in a chain hunt, then either you are playing poorly or the RNG is screwing you. Neither of those are the players fault. And downing the player with the box automatically starts a chain hunt on everyone else.

So once again, this isn't a survivor thing, its an RNG thing or you just played poorly. But I don't know you and want to assume you're poor at the game, so I am blaming RNG.

• Sypherpathic

You're making a point that is meaningless, as far as I know.

My understanding is that the grade now has nothing to do with who you match against, so why mention it?

MMR doesn't reflect in grade. On the 13th, everyone's grade will reset to ash. MMR will remain the same.

• chargernick85

Well the idea of separating MMR per killer was to alleviate some of the issue with going against very good survivors with a new killer. The question is, if some of the 'residual skill' from other killers moves to a new killer, how much is it?

This is what i responded to if you took the time to READ before responding.

The reset has not happened and this experience was with Pinhead (no mmr data on him as it was my first game) I played against all rank 17-20 which at the current time means they gave me opponents far weaker as I was on a new killer. If they gave me all iri opponents with a new killer it would mean there is a base minimum for all killers. This was talked about by a few on here so my result/comment does matter. You just either can't read or understand.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

That's the point. Instead of dealing with the Billy nerfs and the destruction of Freddy... I just went full time Nurse, Spirit, & now Wraith. NOED on all 3🤣

• Sypherpathic

So many people in this thread trying so hard to equate grade to rank.

Just wait until the 13th and then see what your reaction is.

• Sypherpathic

You said "I'm Iri 2, my first game was against ash players". This sounds exactly right based on how the new grades and MMR work. What am I missing?

• chargernick85

The 13th is not here yet. Right now grades and rank are the same as they were before. Right now there is a indication of whether or not the MM is working as intended. I got red ranks in all my games except with Pinhead (the only killer I had not used). On the 13th there will be no way to determine anything as we all will be Ash 4. Others on this page were wondering if each killer had a base minimum of mmr score meaning even if you used a killer for first time you could only play a certain skill below yours....This is not the case based off of MY Pinhead game as I played all ash players instead of the Iri's I had in all the others. Maybe that's what your missing? or maybe you did not read this entire thread? What I do know is I responded to the person who asked that question and I got you instead. Not a fair trade off there.

• Sypherpathic

I don't think so. I think you're making an incorrect assumption.

MMR is based on unknown factors. Rank was based on specific emblem achievements. Just because the symbols for rank are similar to the symbols for grade, you're making false assumptions. Also, just so you know, when you say 'if that's what your missing', your is a possessive. You're is equivalent to you are, with an apostrophe.

Despite being right and understanding what you're bitching about, I will not respond any more on this thread. My apologies for trying to make you understand. Sorry that you 'got me' instead of someone else. Cheers, and I hope you have good games going forward.

• chargernick85

Now you want to be an English teacher as well. Your is much faster and easier than Your're. When you text on your phone do you ever shorten the words you are saying? If not great that you have that much time but to nitpick with grammar over the internet seems petty. Other than that agree to disagree.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

It was the same when Doc was reworked. Suddenly everybody was using Calm Spirit for the next two weeks. Or with Twins, they simply hold Victor hostage. Competent survivors will use any loophole provided, as they should.