SBMM blows

Options

The games I'm getting put in are not fun. This isn't a brag, but I'm naturally pretty good at the game, so even playing casually I do pretty well. That being said, every game I get put in is a sweat fest. Not the flashlight-clicky tea bagging sweaty games, I mean the ones where the survivors and killers play like they're in a world cup. This game shouldn't be competitive. I really just want to relax and have fun, but with sbmm i have to sweat my balls off if I want to do anything.

Comments

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Its not like that in my experience. I just keep getting matched with more and more sweats.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

You have a point. However, before SBMM, bad survivors would be matched up with good survivors. So you could rely on your team if the killer was playing well. Now, one bad game as killer will put you in noob lobbys, and you have to sweat to get out of them (noob lobbys are just as boring as sweat lobbys) but sweating puts you in unfun lobbys, and the cycle continues. Old DBD matches had a myriad of different skill levels, so every match was interesting. Now its just boring no matter what skill you are.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

I didn't notice any difference. What I experienced a week ago or 9 months ago is literally the same thing right now regardless of performance.

Maybe the only thing different is killer has a slightly longer queue with the new killer drop that's it.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Survivor feels the same, killer seems like it only top survivors

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,762
    Options

idk, i kind of dig it so far, sure i'm not winning my games, but because there's no real loss if you happen to not kill everybody i kinda stopped caring

Now i have a actual reason to attempt to reaching Max Rank, since it no longer affects matchmaking

It's not perfect by any means and i'm still pretty iffy on the entire concept, but for the minute it's been a improvement over what the old system was

• [Deleted User]
    Options

If you want to win then you aren't really playing casually

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Not hearing the Entity Displeased sfx anymore makes losses so much more bearable.

I do lose more, and the matches are tougher, but I also rarely go easy as I need bloodpoints just as much as the next victim of the Entity.

• Triadequinaxor
    Triadequinaxor Member Posts: 213
    Options

Almost every meta survivor perk is a second chance perk, survivor caters to pussies

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190
    Options

My killer games haven't changed, they were already mostly 2 - 4 man SWF every single game, full meta, 4 gens done at 2 minutes type of games.

My survivor games have dramatically worsened. I made a thread about it. The game quality is so so bad, every killer I go against is well over 2k hours and a strong player while all my teammates are complete babbies, and I'm trying to say that respectfully. Some have less than 100 hours. Most don't even break 6k points at the end. A typical game is me having to save, get chased, do gens all by myself. Kindred is constantly active and just shows survivors running aimlessly in circles, like I can't even imagine what is going on in their minds just running running running, never to gens, never to get healed, never to do totems or chests, never to get saves, just running around the map. Are they doing cardio?

If I'm low MMR then why am I getting paired against high tier killer players who are effortlessly dominating my team mates?