The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Please fix the Nurse's Bugs That Have Been In The Game For 2 years and some longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MLbPG2uMUY

Nearly every big issue Nurse bug in the game all compiled in one video. At least mention them at least, let us know you actually care about bug fixing.

Comments

• fitch
    fitch Member Posts: 143

We need fix this bug,and buff other walking killers!

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

There's very few things that equal the pain of being kicked in the testicles but getting the M1 bug right behind someone rivals it.

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590

They should have some insensitive to fix them because clearly they only care about the bugs that give advantages so I'm hoping they take a look into these bugs and actually fix all of them this time, I know they fixed the looking upwards while fatiguing bug, but some of these bugs have been in the game for actual literal years and in particular its the ones that I see every game as Nurse that I really wish they would fix or at least give some indication they listen.

• JustWhimsical

Bug fixing should take priority over balancing and new content releases (example of this being current console issues because they prioritized releasing a new killer without optimizing console for two new killers.) Also, I see no reason why they didn't fix any of the bugs during the rework and I don't understand why they didn't bother to give fixes as well after the rework, they had plenty of chances to look at the bugs but chose not to and these bugs aren't just sometimes I see at least one or two of these every game. After they fix the bugs that have been there since her addition and the new bugs they added since rework they can focus on balancing the game, but honestly, this shouldn't have been the case for so long there are so many bugs in the game, and just too little is being done about it.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Wow that video is super painful and i don't even play nurse. I imagine BHVR are just very scared of fixing bugs on her because her powers code is probably very dated.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Has anyone else noticed that the blink bug (the one you literally can't use your power) is happening more frequently since Pinhead patch? I usually have 1 or 2 per match when it happens, but now it's happening more frequently, and multiple times per match.

I'm watching SupaAlf right now on stream and he just had a match with TWELVE blink bugs lol.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

The second blink bug is excruciating.

• JustWhimsical

I have been getting it literally 2/3 of my matches I don't know what the specifications are for making it happen, but clearly, the entity hates me.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Do keep in mind that Nurse, even after receiving a cooldown to her power, nerfing the majority of her addons, AND having all of these bugs, is still capable of completely steamrolling every single match she is in on account of essentially playing a entirely different game to the rest of the cast

the bugs are honestly the one thing keeping her in check and half the time they don’t even matter, so the devs have to either make the choice between fixing Nurse or leaving her as is, and they pick leaving her as is because actually balancing something that ignores 90% of the survivors defences is a goddamn nightmare

• SuzuKR

She's balanced WITHOUT the bugs holding her back. The bugs don't happen every single time so they're not factored into balance. Fixing the bugs changes nothing except making her perform at the level she is SUPPOSED to be performing at/is balanced around.

• DragonMasterDarren

Considering that she was the first killer ever added after launch i’d be surprised if her code wasn’t covered in a 25 inch tall layer of the program equivalent of dust

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

Just like Billy they know about these bugs but they just don't care about fixing them.

• DragonMasterDarren
    edited September 2021

explain to me how ignoring everything but walls (and even then, aura reading go brrr) is balanced

Nurse is the only killer in the entire game that can end the match within the first 2 minutes. Something that not even Spirit or Blight can do on account of having to actually play the damn game

The only things holding Nurse back from being a DC on sight for most people is the bugs and amount of time it takes to master her, she isn’t balanced, nothing can realistically top her consistently and nothing ever will

• Triadequinaxor
    Triadequinaxor Member Posts: 213

Right why should we fix quality of life because a killer is "too strong". pathetic excuse

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Tell that to tournaments where even good Nurses can get ######### on, by mediocre survivors.

• DragonMasterDarren

That’s because Nurse is a broken mess, if she wasn’t she’d win tournaments every single time if the Nurse player is good enough

• ABannedCat

You mean, just like a stacked 4man can win every single game, if they are good enough :)

• SuzuKR
    edited September 2021

Yeah that's why tournament SWF teams have regularly 3-4 man escaped against some of the world's best Nurses though :v

Marth got 4 man escaped against (forget the team name, it was one of Hexy's tournaments, Shift-W? Instant DC?), would've been 3 man escaped if not screwed by second blink bug at the end.

Alf got 4 man escaped against Oracle.

Xeno lost against Eternity completely.

• DragonMasterDarren

Yes, unless it’s a Nurse and the bugs cease existing that match, in which case, the Nurse wins

I’m not happy about Nurse matches being decided by ######### coding. But if I was to make the choice between inconsistent bugs keeping a monster of a power in check, or letting that monster loose with nothing to keep it in check, I’d take the inconsistent bugs any day of the week

• SuzuKR

The tournament teams crushed the best Nurses in the world regularly even without them experiencing bugs lol.

• DragonMasterDarren
    edited September 2021

That says more about the game’s ######### balancing in general more then anything

or rather it’s ######### balancing for something it was never meant to be, which is a competitive game

• SuzuKR

Or... that Nurse even without experiencing bugs isn't unstoppable by any means against good teams?

• ABannedCat

So you want one monster to be kept in check (Nurse)?, but the other monster (skilled 4man) roaming freely with no punishment whatsoever, is completely fine?

Goes to show your clear bias.

• DragonMasterDarren

I’m talking more about average players, I.e the people the devs actually want to balance around

tournaments are a entirely different can of worms that the devs don’t care about, and I will admit that surfs have the advantage there, but like I said, they don’t matter

the devs won’t fix Nurse because she’s too much for average players to handle, simple as thst

• SuzuKR

Tournament-level SWFs are too much for average players to handle too by that exact same logic. The other thing is the number of said players that can play at that level regardless for survivor or killer are an incredibly tiny percent of the playerbase. The chance of actually facing them in the first place is next to nothing, so they're near irrelevant for overall balance.

• DragonMasterDarren
    edited September 2021

You seriously think that I, someone that has routinely said that 4man SWF with voice comms is a massive balancing issue that should be addressed in some way, has bias towards 4man swf? ok then bud,

more to the point, 4man swf with voice comms and all the meta perks under the sun, however many advantages they have and however short the match will end up being can’t ignore the killers power (except Trapper’s because Dead Hard is fair and balanced) and still have to actually play the game, Nurse at the highest level of play doesn’t have to do any of that

• DragonMasterDarren

See the above statement, neither side is ok and shouldn’t exist, the difference is is that one side still plays within the game’s rules (however loosely they follow them) and mechanics while the other throws 90% of the intended defence tools the other side has in the dumpster

• SuzuKR

Nurse turns the game and chase into a mindgame that doesn't rely on mechanical aspect. It's entirely about who can out-mindgame the other, and any LOS blocker helps with that. With her, "weak" tiles are less weak and "strong" tiles are less strong, because it's not about the mechanical limitations but rather who can better out-mindgame the other with the given tools to gain/block LOS and inconsistent reactions to playstyles.

• ABannedCat

Voicecomms are breaking the rules of the game as well.

They give survivors information that is purposely hidden otherwise, or is only obtainable through perks. Its basically every tracking perk included as basekit, and more.

And Nurse doesnt ignore 90% of the defence tools. Stealth still works phenomenally against her (she is infact the easiest killer to hide from), jukes still work against (3rd person camera), genrushing still works against her (thats a defence in of itself).

• DragonMasterDarren
    edited September 2021

keep in mind I said Voicecomm SWF follow the rules VERY loosely (believe me if I could ban 3rd party communication software from this game I would) and gen rushing isn’t so much a defence as it is one of the few offensive options survivors have, and even then, good luck doing that against any combination of Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/Deadlock, which makes doing gens borderline impossible,

also, good luck hiding from Nurse on most of the modern maps, where fog is non-existent and bushes are so sparse and thin they might as well not be there, especially if she brings something to track auras (unless you’re going full immersion and using Blendette with a Yamoka offering in which case, get professional help)

forgive me for not being educated in complete and utter nonsense but phasing through every goddamn wall and object that every other killer has to play around isn’t a mind game, the only mind game that happens in that situation is if the survivor has iron will and either runs away or tries to hide behind it, and in that case it;s a choice between dying immediately or dying a few seconds later

at least with stand still on Spirit I could see where the argument could be made, but with Nurse? Hell no

Post edited by DragonMasterDarren on
  • JustWhimsical

So you are telling me that very random bugs should be used to balance a killer.. what kind of logic is that? it is like you saying since dead hard is too powerful we should just keep exhausted on floor nonsense. Why fix something if it benefits you I suppose, forgive me for sounding rude, but I actually do want to enjoy my favorite killer without bugs hampering the fun, just like you want to enjoy playing what you enjoy without something out of your control happening punishing you for trying to enjoy the game.

Just because it's there doesn't mean it just becomes a feature, if this were the case they wouldn't have fixed the looking up bug I just find it so silly that people will make whatever logic they want just so nurse never gets her bugs fixed, its either she is too powerful so leave the bugs as is or she deserves to be broken because she breaks the game somehow by making it not looping simulator. Is it really too much to ask for after all the nerfs and the bugs Nurse mains had to deal with for years for Nurse to get some bug fixes so it is not so buggy? seriously dude it's not like we ask for much all we want is either bug fixes or the addons to not be so useless. For me, I would rather just have my 4 addons and the bugs all fixed finally that's all. :(

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Bug report section: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs

Opening threads in General Discussion only serves to get other players' attention. It doesn't actually help to get bugs fixed.

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400

Sorry I have to take a stab at this. 3rd person camera tricks don't work on any good nurse. Good nurses blink to the corner that you ran to, to combat exactly this strategy. Good nurse blinks to corner. A) You tried to mindgame, you get hit. B) You didn't try to mindgame, nurse uses 2nd blink, you get hit. The reason people think this is good to do against nurse is because bad/learning nurses constantly try and end chases asafp by blinking through walls and guessing where people will go. Good nurses know there is no where for survivors to go and rely on their reaction speed and built in muscle memory to know exactly where a blink will go.

The first part I agree with, voicecomms were never intended to be in this game, nor was SWFing. This game is VERY obviously balanced around a pure 1+1+1+1v1 not 4v1, and it very much does ruin killer play for a large part of the game when survivors across the map can communicate things to other people.

• JustWhimsical
    edited September 2021

I just honestly don't have any faith they will care unless people make a fuss about it, I mean how long have people been talking about these bugs only for nothing to be done. All of these have been reported already and I have never even seen any dev even mention the blink bug and that is by far the most common of these bugs as of recently. After all this time do you really think they will suddenly pay attention to me sending in a bug report about issues that many others have tried to get their attention with and failed?

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831

All these bugs have been reported numerous times. Nothing happened.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416

I mean, throwing in my two cents, I'd rather that the bugs be fixed and have to play against the occasional Nurse that completely dominates the match. Theoretically, with SBMM (or whatever it's called) that nurse will end up playing against the best players anyway, and thus won't be preying on baby survivors.

I mean, it won't, and she will, but her bugs aren't going to be fixed anyway.