Can someone explain to me how to do this

Options

when you pick up the box while facing pinhead how the hell are supposed to solve it if the chains constantly knock you off of it. The thing does not save progress so u can’t move with it to dodge them. Is this a bug or what?

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

Basically you want to either do it before the Chain Hunt starts, or you'll want to find some nice corner with high walls to solve it in to stop as many chains harassing you.

Or kidnap the box permanently and run around the map going for saves and trying to be chased, sometimes tapping gens, just to listen to the music :)

• babygirl91580
    babygirl91580 Member Posts: 66
    Options

Exactly this broken AF, and not fun

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

Just hide behind some cover.

Chains can not hit through obstacles and when you hide they will not hit you. This is not broken, this just requires you to get that box and solve it. Also once he teleports to you the box is gone.

Chain hunt triggering is the fault of you and your teammates. Or rather: It is a risc you took willingly to do other stuff on the map. You need to decide when to get the box and when to leave it or to hold is hostage.

Seriously I played against a Pinhead the other day and was able to solve that box 5 times, summoning him 2 times and having chain hunt on me the other 3. It was quiet possible to finish it when you get into a good position.

That thing is supposed to slow you down and give you a challenge after all...

• babygirl91580
    babygirl91580 Member Posts: 66
    Options

It is broken, I did hide and it still spawned chains even up against a wall don’t worry I’ll post it so u can see, sometimes when chains activate when u pick up the box they stop. Sometimes they don’t leaving the player unable to solve it because the chains continues to spawn. This is broken because when you stop to dodge them the progress is not saved. So you have to start over every time.

• Gwinty
    Options

Okay, that should not happen in my opinion.

The chains should interrupt you on open terrain when you try to solve it that seems fair to me. However they should not spawn through walls and other stuff. That should be the safe spot to solve it. So that would be broken.

Do not worry, I believe you that this happend to you. No reason not to after all.

Maybe the chain spawn needs to be fixed just like his lunge.

• HybridLPangel26
    HybridLPangel26 Member Posts: 118
    Options

I have not played a game in dbd for a while but from what i'm confused about is that if you are in a match with Pinhead is the goal of this match for survivors supposed to be that we have to find his box and solve the puzzle before pinhead finds us? I will need someone to simplify and tell me nice and easy in this pinhead game.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    edited September 2021
    Options

The box will spawn and be visible for all survs and a timer runs down. If the box didn’t get solved before the timer ends a chainhunt start, spawning random chains that interrupts survs in short intervals.

this ends as soon as the box gets solved, but the chains can interrupt the box interaction. While solving there shouldn’t spawn new chains for that surv (but it is probably buggy and chains that have spawned right before the surv started the interaction still go through)

• Gwinty
    Options

Actualy a chain hunt is also supposed to start for the survivor holding the Lament Configuration. This was done to discourage holding the box hostage and denying Pinhead of his secondary power for too long. As such I would guess that there is a bit of wonkyness here because the Chain Hunt chains and the regular chains that are spawned by the box overleap and do not interact that well with the "solving".

Or maybe we got it wrong and those chains are supposed to make it more difficult to solve the configuration once the Chain Hunt started?

• Mooks
    Options

yes, there is supposed to be a mini chainhunt for the survivor who is holding the Box regardless of the timer.

but once you start the solving there shouldn’t spawn new chains directed at you.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416
    Options

Quick question for clarity: do you mean "shouldn't" as in "this is a bug," or "shouldn't" as in "this is a design flaw in my personal opinion"?

That... Feels more aggressive than intended. Either way, thank you for the input!

• KoboldsInATrenchcoat
    Options

Just solve the box near a safe loop just in case pin man teleports and pray to god you don’t get impaled by 500 chains

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited September 2021
    Options

I think the person holding the box is not suppose to get hit by chains when solving it and it's currently bugged. If they hold onto it however they keep getting chains. His chain hunt is the one good thing he's got going for him. It's a lot of map pressure. Take that away and he is basically an M1 killer with some close range anti loop.

When I play as pinhead I run the popular combo of hoarder+franklins. When someone picks up that box I almost drop what I am doing and go hunting for them. Just so I can get the chain hunt and slow down the gens. I find the best thing to do is if you find the box go to an area with big open areas so you can see pinhead coming. If you can wait for him to down and pick up a survivor. If you try to solve the box during that, unless your close,has range+solving time add ons, he probably won't be able top interrupt you.

• Mooks
    Options

shouldnt as in ‚it’s a bug if new chains spawn after you start the interaction of solving the box‘

i have seen a post by a mod confirming that the chains are not supposed to spawn while actively solving the box.