What the F is going on with survivor's invulnerability when dropping pallets?

Options

These past few days I've been robbed way too many ######### hits lunging when a survivor miscalculates a pallet drop, so why should I be punished? Isn't it as easy as encouraging sooner drops instead of making the pallet hit always the priority?

It happens literally every single match for me no matter if I use m1, chainsaw or whatever, the worst part is that I can still hear the injuring sound so clearly the game knows that I've hit the survivor in my screen.

I know this thing was implemented in the recent patch, but why should the game always favor the survivor when they are in control of this IF they drop sooner? I know you can't always drop sooner in cases like if the killer is right behind your back, but honestly this feature seems like going a bit too far imo.

This alone is already a big issue by itself for me, but on top of this pinhead is bugged, freddy is bugged, hit detection is messed as ######### (just like always anyway, im tired of hitting someone with a huntress haatchet and hearing the splash sound only to not deal any damage at all).

What's going on here? I main killer but even when I play survivor for the whole night with my friends i never feel as robbed as when im playing killer

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

You just need to hit them before they click on that pallet they were camping. Not at all in their favor, the server decides!

• Sweet_Tour
    Sweet_Tour Member Posts: 558
    Options

Let's be fair killers would 12% land BS hits at pallets if they were really close or the survivor camped it like a fool. But now I getting cucked out of hits I deserve because Hitboxes are still trash. And for those who say "getting the hit is a bug" No It means my hitbox collided with your hitbox like when huntress gets a hatchet but they dead hard and you still see the survivor bleed from the hit. It's just proof they added I-Frames to pallets.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

?? i was talking about survivors timing things right, killers used to get DUMB hits all the time before the thing. if i stuned you first, makes no sense me getting injured if i timed my stuff well, also killers play with neighbor wifi all the time so is just fair.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    edited September 2021
    Options

Euhm yet killers hear and get the validation that they hit you... then you magically heal by the pallet. It is them compensating for latency, yet from the killers perspective they should have hit you and their game confirms it at the moment... it just gets rolled back and denied.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459
    Options

Every time it happens to me i feel like DCing and closing the game, i mannaged to prevent this anger by simply not playing the game until its changed :D

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    edited September 2021
    Options

I agree that if you mistime it you should be punished, however this was implemented to counter the fact that you literally get advantages for having worse ping in this game

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

Yes, I know this new validation system can be frustrating.

However I receive more and more survivors who bank on that system trying to get the stun last second and eat a hit or a down for their stupidity. At least with this system you know what to expect when you lunge into a pallet and know what will happen. It is no longer a coinflip.

I sometimes whant to eat my keyboard too when this happens however I think it is still better. My survivor games feel much fairer and as a Killer I can adept to the change quit easy. Also, remember, stupid survivors will try to bank on this. Not respecting the pallet is the way (or just run enduring, it is now so much better).

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,365
    Options

Hatchet goes brrrrrrrrr

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

I've actually lost games due to this hit validation really dumb and annoying when the survivor makes a mistake but im the one who gets punished for it.

• H1GHLVND3R
    H1GHLVND3R Member Posts: 138
    Options

Im getting hit when using pallet EVERY SINGLE GAME. What are u talking about? System never worked

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

It works I have clearly hit several survivors through pallets and it gets rejected because "haha they threw it first"

but I have seen a legion hit me through a pallet and it didn't even play the swing sound or show them attacking

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    Options

Problem is the slightest bit of latecy means the survivor can't "time the pallet drop" because the killer is further ahead than they seem.

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488
    Options

From the way I recall from a mod post from when there were a lot of threads about this maybe a month ago, this is not correct.

It's built to show you the animation and play the sound immediately based on what your system perceives as player locations. It THEN checks with the server to see who validated first. Did that survivor activate the pallet early enough against your lunge? The theoretical way it works is, if the pallet has enough time, after the survivor clicks it, to drop halfway, you should miss the lunge, regardless of the animation on your screen.

It's unfortunate but... it's been the other way a long time. Survivors would slam the pallet, run 20 feet and fall down (on the survivor's screen). I'm sure it looked like you got the perfect hit on the killer's screen but... it was just validating differently.

There have been fewer complaints of this particular pallet issue that I've seen lately, so it seems that killers have adjusted their strategy as there are certainly plenty of killers on forums and subreddit claiming to be top-tier. Maybe they could give you some tips.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416
    Options

Fun fact if nobody's said it yet--if you use enduring, it seems like you win at pallet trades more often. Might just be placebo, though, needs more testing.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    SuperSaiyan4GT Member Posts: 144
    Options

What the F is going on with the delay and small window to drop the pallet? Seems like I have to be in the perfect spot to drop the pallet or I'm gonna miss it and when I do get it there is a slight delay

• PyramidFootLicker
    PyramidFootLicker Member Posts: 106
    Options

I stopped playing a lot of M1 killers since I'm from South Africa and playing survivor I always have to plan out looping ahead of time since by default I'm already playing around 240 ms

As killer.... Whew I just have to hope and pray.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

The hit is always being validated, the feedback is played immediately however that way you only notice it if they had better ping at an interactable like a pallet.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

We all knew this was going to happen when they added the rollback. Survivors have near invulnerability at pallets, so they can be greedy for the stun to their heart's content. I'm not looking forward to the screams getting removed either, because then I won't even know when I've been cheated out of a hit.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331
    Options

I understand the technical mechanic behind how the pallet stuns work and prioritization with latency, but it still sucks how that mechanic is presented visually. Right now as the killer I get hit with the normal pallet drops, totally fine, but I also get hit with suuuuper late pallet drops. Again I understand how that development works in the background but I think BHVR needs to clean up the visual of it somehow.

I get the same vibes I used to get on Gears of War and COD being shot around corners. I get what is happening but it looks like crap and is very frustrating.

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488
    Options

I think ping is a factor, but surely timing is, as well. If the survivor hits the button to throw the pallet before you, sure, ping might mean the server reacts faster to the survivor's button press rather than the killer's... But there will surely be times where the survivor just pressed the button soon enough that they should not get hit. I feel like killers just react to what's on their screen and then say 'well I should have gotten it except they had better ping... grumble'. Sometimes you'll just have to recognize that you shouldn't have gotten the hit.

Fun side fact: The ping you see for a player will not be the same ping they see for themselves on their screen. WHen playing side by side, and looking at the info screen, my wife and I see wildly different ping values. To me this renders the ping value on the screen utterly useless. It should show a value that is each player's ping to the server and that's it. It seems to be showing some relative ping like.. me to server to other player is what the other player sees which is of no use. Anyhow...

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options

Just blink to the survivor on their side of the pallet, never misses.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited September 2021
    Options

Oh that's what that is. I was wondering what that was. I've been having that happen a lot lately.

Unless they are baby survivors most people I get don't wait at the pallet. They either drop it the moment they don't see my red stain or they anticipate the juke and keep running. Causing me to miss and they get another loop out of it.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited September 2021
    Options

5 years of BS hits? Were you not around when pallet vacuum was a thing?

As for hits now. If I dont make the hit, thats fine. Just fix the sound effect so I dont think I connected and it turned out nothing happened.

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    Options

Obviously right, as I'd have stated that I get hit through pallets sometimes and sometimes not. But I guess some people are still used to getting every hit nmw.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I cannot even imagine how long a survivor needs to wait before dropping to risk getting hit. It is so outrageously long that I would recommend not dropping the pallet at all. It is like a skill check, you throw it down early? No punishment, you just keep making distance. Hit in the sweet spot? Stun. Drop after the sweet spot? Still a grace period. Hit it like half a second past the entire skill check? Yeah... you might actually get hit. That is your b, though. If you threw it at any vaguely reasonable time, you would be safe. You SHOULD be punished for being that egregiously greedy.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

The problem is that survivors can spare a life or 2 and still win while a single validation can lose the game for the killer because they don't have anything to spare.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

I have sub 20 ping and get validated against people with 80 ping (worse so far). Console survivors seem to be the most protected by it.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

Yeah just have a good connection, or in the video's case, have a survivor who waits til the very last second and wastes the pallet.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options

Had a game vs slinger where his weapon model physically went through me put I got the stun and avoided the hit, felt so bad for him

• lolololol
    lolololol Member Posts: 106
    Options

Hey the devs implemented a new bull ######### system called a roll back!!! That means even tho you hit a survivor as they’re dropping a pallet no matter what they’re not gonna be injured!! This is to insure that the survivors have a better time than you of course. Why would bhvr give a single ######### about killers and their struggles? Oh!! I know probably because there’s more survivors than killers and pleasing the bigger audience makes sales better!!! Yeah, welcome to dbd. A game that constantly disappoints!

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,232
    Options

It's just hitstun validation since killers already have priority over dead hard and many other things. They dropped the pallet way before your swing went through. It's corrected serverside after the fact so clientside stuff (blood/hud changes/sounds) will still play as if you got the hit. Considering that they made the stun hitbox super small on the same side as survivors so they are no longer protected by the hitstun validation and can't reverse stun easily it is fair.

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    Options

Against a lot of killers (Huntress, Piramid Head, Trickster, Bubba, Death Slinger, Demogorgon, Hill Billy, Wraight, Blight) you need to get a stun. At some unsafe paletts you need to get a stun, too. Therefore dropping every palett early isn't smart nor will it always result in saving you from getting hit. In fact sometimes you will get hit, if you drop it early and are stuck in the animation and cannot get away fast enough as the killer just walks around the palett. And dropping paletts early, without this knowleage and anticipating what will be the best choise usually results in leaving your team without any recources.