Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Not to be negative but... Where are the real changes for Pinhead?

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
  • Clusters of Chains targeting the Survivor carrying the Lament Configuration during Chain Hunt will respawn as soon as the interaction is stopped if the Survivor does not complete the Solve interaction.
  • Teleport interaction will prioritize a location on the same level as the Survivor solving the puzzle box.

Okay, maybe the changes are a bit decent, but where are the changes we really need for Pinhead?

I was expecting to see more priority to the chains than to the lament configuration.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

This will take some time. Probably either the next Chapter or the Midchapter after that. So it will take a few months.

There is also not really a point in changing anything, people are playing Pinhead for a few days only and just get the hang of it to play him/play against him.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

The hotfix is largely bugfixes for known issues from the patch. I wouldn't expect any changes to any killer the first week after a patch since it's almost always just bugfixes of known issues. And these fixes were likely already in the process of being finished after the patch went live.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

There's also a lot of mixed reviews about Pinhead, which would make sense they are not going to make any big changes to him as he seems to be balanced as is.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Gotta wait for the "Stats" to roll in.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,935

The hotfix is largely for bugfixes, if any balance changes need to be made then they will be made in a later update.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

He seems pretty good. Solid B tier killer, A tier with the right perks m

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364

I did not see any changes to his lunge bug, so.. that sucks. Hope it is just undocumented. And it better not just be some "feature" for him.

• PlantCollector
    PlantCollector Member Posts: 344

Did they even fix the lunge bug? I haven't seen that one in the patch notes and it makes his gameplay really frustrating.

• As much as I do believe there are some serious issues with Pinhead balance-wise, it still is too soon to tell.

Unless there's some major issues (like his currently broken lunge), you need at least a month or so for people to have actually played through the initial learning curve, till they've grown experienced enough with his kit to make accurate critiques of how weak or powerful the different aspects of his kit are.

For example: Nemesis was thought to be extremely weak at launch because his power acts as a 3rd health state for survivors at first, and only lategame would it allow you to punish certain windows/pallets. Now that players have more experience with the economy of his mutation tiers and with the skill of hitting his tentacle, the consensus seems to be that he is a weak but still perfectly viable low-B-tier killer, heavily reliant on addons to achieve his greatest strength: the ability to get through pallets quicker than most any other killer.

Nemesis is still very far from killers in the A and S tiers in terms of strength, however, as critical as we are of BHVR, I have to give them credit for being patient with initial feedback. These days BHVR seems to be pretty good at making killers that err on the side of being too weak, but once mastered, find a place in the mid/lower brackets of viability.

Frustrating for killer players for sure, but given that their playerbase is like 4-12x as many survivors as killers and the game needs to be survivor sided, that approach at least makes a fair bit of sense.

• Honestly, I'm actually just, not even going play him again until that gets fixed. It's easily the biggest and most infuriating issue with Pinhead atm.

I've lost games horribly where I've had at least 6 or 7 attacks that should have been hits, but weren't purely because of the lunge bug. That combined with his power being relatively useless at all but close distances, well, you can imagine what it's like if every other chase goes at least twice as long as it should.

• Chaotic_Wretch
    Chaotic_Wretch Member Posts: 94

Literally just watched Otz experience the bug live, so no, it isn't fixed.

• Ludicris

Like have you guys tried running him with Hex: The Third Seal yet? Absolutely chaotic

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 922

It doesn't hide the cube from survivors if that's what you're thinking. Killer objects that are white are never hidden from them even if blind. Only a specific killer add on can hide them.

• Ludicris

Possibly a bug then, I have been running the perk and noticed the difference considerably, and saw streamers facing pinheads running the perk to hide the box as well. I have yet to encounter a pinhead running Third Seal yet, but I would imagine it would catch on. Also the wording for blindness is; "The Blindness Status Effect impairs all Aura-reading abilities of Survivors, temporarily disabling them."

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488

I mean, the killer's been out a week. I'm an over-expectant jerk but even I would expect it to take more than a week to make any substantioal change. The latest hotfix looks like a lot of stuff to me, so....