How long is your killer lobby time/how do you pass the time?

latinfla4
latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

Title

I have started reading Danny trejos autobiography...highly recommended.

Decided to queue up deathslinger (maybe 20 games I have played him total🤔)...and got up to page 30 of the book before I finally got a match.

Played the game and got stomped by iridescent grades 😴this is akin to going to a restuarant paying for your food waiting and then get kicked in the shin thanks for choosing bhvr🤑

Post edited by latinfla4 on

Comments

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Come here. Queuing as demo rn.

• Reading or listening to music and just chilling, Netflix or watching YouTube is fun too.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I used to pass a lot of the time in the forums, but I'm feeling rather apathetic right now. I'm usually playing DOAXVV, though Cookie Clicker getting added to Steam recently made me want to play it again, so I've got that running in my browser.

• Duke_Ragereaver
    Duke_Ragereaver Member Posts: 215
    edited September 2021

I read the forums, it usually takes around 10-15 minutes

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Averaging 5min or more, I start watching twitch so I can spend my gaming time at least through proxy.

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400

25 minutes or so depending. I play IO games to pass the time

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

My killer queues take around 3 minutes. I usually spend bloodpoints, look at the perks I have on the killer I'm gonna play and wonder if I'll face "fun" survivors or just a group of wannabe e-sports players that will try to get out of the match ASAP even though I do anything I can to make the match fun for me and others by not tunneling/camping (not even proxy)/slugging etc.

Had a David tbag me earlier today even though I played completely fair and without slowdown on Haddonfield.

Best thing was I didn't even see him throughout the match. He quite literally only repaired gens, didn't touch a single totem (based on how fast the gens went), didn't open a single chest, didn't get into a single chase with me but still acted like he just beat the scummiest camp/tunnel/slug/4slowdown perks killer in modern history.

Well, he probably got camped/tunneled/slugged by some Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer Blight 1 match later since that's what most survivor matches look like now lol.

Maybe I should run some regression perks so I can at least get a chase with everyone in. Kinda lame if people escape without a single chase.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

3-5 minutes as killer now, and I watch youtube

• I watch Netflix in between games or as soon as I finish one, if I queue up I switch to music or YouTube <My queues even a long time ago never exceeded ten minutes and average around five minutes regardless of role I chose>.

I feel bad for those who wait twenty to thirty minutes to play though.

• SpineChillUnderlord
    SpineChillUnderlord Applicant, Member Posts: 14

I end up Scrolling and laughing at TikTok for a good minute and if I have anything else i need to do or even eat food, i go do it and come back. I usually end up waiting 2 - 5 minutes and if it's really late or DBD is having it's daily aneurysm, 10 minutes.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

Either here on the forums, or swiping left on Tinder/Bumble.

• OniHatesSWF
    OniHatesSWF Member Posts: 85

Donate a Fog Whisperer and ask him to come close to the cam because I'm nearly finishing.

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177

5-10 minutes. I'm either watching Netflix or Twitch on my second monitor. Maybe starting to play Final Fantasy 8 during queue soon...who knows.

Queue times are too high for killers now though imo. Especially since we have to sweat our arses off because all survivors I'm matched against annihilate those gens in 5-6 minutes. That plus in a good chunk of my games I have this over-confident survivor who DCs after his first down because he couldn't last longer than 20 seconds in chase.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I play late at night and the queues have more or less returned to normal. I try not to play during the day as I left Overwatch BECAUSE of the queues. I am never going back to that horror. You think it is fine at first, you justify it with books, netflix, youtube, coming to the forums... But it wears you down. You have a lot of time to think about how you are literally doing nothing for 15 minutes just to play a game for a few minutes.

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177

Yup, as soon as queue times are getting close to the time an actual game needs to complete, it's getting really problematic. Let alone queue times being even longer as the actual game.

I'm fine with 2-3 minutes if the game needs 15 minutes but waiting 10 minutes for a 5-7 minutes game is BS.

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545

Alt tab, youtube. Sometimes I get so into the video I forget I am playing dbd, go back and everyones standing around teabagging me

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832
    edited September 2021

usually takes 10mins, and i either play my switch or watch twitch streams/youtube

or if im not in the mood for waiting i just play survivor (like i am currently)

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

5-10 minutes. Either watch YouTube or spin my killer around

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Mine varies from 2-5 mins. It hasn't changed in the past few weeks at all. For reference I was rank 1 killer for 4+ years. My general play time is 6p-2a MST. PC with crossplay enabled.

• latinfla4

He did a lot he held down m1🤣🤣🤣🤣 yeah I get that a couple of times as well...the best ones throw a pallet down and jump over it repeatedly trying to get me to go over there. You got me 🙄

When its endgame i just spam my killers power trying to get bloodpoints and ignore them.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I think from now on I will just beat up my zombies if I lose a match and the survivors refuse to leave. Maybe they will learn not to get stuck in a tree at some point. I know they're quite literally undead but c'mon maaaan I'm sure you can avoid walking into that one tree just one single time ! haha...

• The past few days it's been upwards of five minutes

During that i usually go on these forums or twitter something... bad idea, it makes the game more frustrating.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

I used to check other forums in between queue times. I come here after matches usually, but it's almost always sob story posts so I check less.

• latinfla4

On dead dog saloon I would run around and break every breakable wall during endgame...destruction points🤣

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Depends on time of day. Afternoon is maybe 3-5 minutes. Evenings it’s pretty much instant matches (I play in US eastern time zone)

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

The only times I have had longer queue times for killer is around 3am-8am MST - then the wait is usually like 7 mins.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

My killer queue time is about 5-30 minutes. I usually spend blood points and mix and match my cosmetics while I wait. If I don't load into a lobby by then, I watch YouTube to pass the time.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Daytime survivor queue - ten to twenty seconds at most. No real time to do anything else. Plenty of time to twiddle my thumbs waiting for every foot-dragger to ready up though.

Daytime killer queue - a minute at least on average, if it goes much past then I resign myself to playing survivor. I enjoy both, it's not a big deal. Sucks when I need high BP gains though.

Nighttime survivor queue - everything's reversed, takes at least half a minute or a minute. I use the time to straighten something in the house, pet my cat, grab a drink, etc.

Nighttime survivor queue - again, reversed. Maybe 30 second wait, tops.

Survivor by day, killer by night. The one constant is the lobby wait so buffoons can switch their characters thirty times and try to psych the killer out with a last second key.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

Depending on the time of day, and I'm in a long survivor/killer queue I'll either:

- Listen to music

- Scroll through Instagram

- Talk with my friends/SWF if I'm playing with them

- Watch a YouTube video

- Browse the forums here

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Since the introduction of SBMM. My wait is anywhere from 2-5 minutes. I tend to watch youtube while I wait.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

Is it mmr making killer queues so long? It's weird having nearly instant survivor queues in the evenings lately. Although I haven't played nearly as much the last couple weeks. Matches are way less fun now.