The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pig Mains: Honest Thoughts on Booping the Snoot

For all you Pig mains, how do you honestly feel about Survivors wanting to boop your snoot?

Yea or Nay?

Comments

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

It's w/e for me. Whether or not they live depends on if they follow T H E R U L E S.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited September 2021

Pig is not my main but I play her. I let survivors go when I feel like regardless if they boop or not.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,670

I once played against a pig on Suffocation Pit who randomly decided to meme in the middle of the game. It started with peek-a-boo behind a rock, and then we crouched and did merry-go-round a tree together. Had me dying. Shot out to that Pig 🐷 MVP of the game

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

Boops mean you're on my good side. Just don't ruin it by being a dick, and only the first 2 boops save anyone - the next two get good treatment, but will definitely die.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

Hey, man, this game is like TF2: 99% of the time it's toxic/sweaty tryhard city, but once in a blue moon, something magical happens.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Got old back in 2018. Much like all that topless/Daddy Myers cringe.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I make them boop it if they want to live. I make them. They don't really have a choice unless they love the taste of asphalt.

• Sweet_Tour
    Sweet_Tour Member Posts: 558

I let them boop if they want, but after that we play the game normally.

• Sweet_Tour
    Sweet_Tour Member Posts: 558

Dr.Loomis is Cringe and unfun confirmed. (And probably isn't even a pig main)

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455

The day I start playing Pig, if someone ever boots my snoot, my power will be gone and I’ll have to farm with them

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

Petition to make her squeal as if she was stunned by a pallet whenever a Survivor boops her snoot.

• scarletxxx666
    scarletxxx666 Member Posts: 5

for all of u pig mains

i was thinking is kinda annoying to not being able to kill the survivor very consistently with the traps

on chases & hooks the trap deactivates turns off by itself (?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿)

so is not likely ur gonna be able to kill them with it a lot

why dont u crouch and follow them till the trap kills them????

otherwise is it viable to try to kill them with the traps????

if u follow crouch them it doesnt count as chase i think and the trap is still on

so cringe that the trap turns off in chases & dying state

i think it makes it almost useless

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

That is what I started doing with her (she sucks and there is no reason to play her whatsoever, so this is how I justify my purchase of her... and the drill). I get my BBQ stacks, and then stalk whoever still has a trap, usually the last person hooked for obvious reasons. If they attempt to take their trap off, I down them, carry them away from the boxes as best I can, and continue.

In the spirit of Saw, this is the idea, they are free to go if their team can finish the gens in time. That is the test. I played today and the Nancy's team successfully finished the gens, but she was so demoralized and just awkwardly started circling a hook before her head popped. I guess she didn't listen to the tape. Game over.

• Inferno427
    Inferno427 Member Posts: 232

It's cute, but I won't throw the entire game to meme around, unless I'm in the mood

• 7eewilsmi
    7eewilsmi Member Posts: 51

Yay 100% of the time, I play for fun. And booping the snoot is fun.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Nay.

It feels wrong to let a Survivor go after doing it, and it feels unsatisfying to capitalize on someone doing it.

• MrCrazyCat62
    MrCrazyCat62 Member Posts: 168

If it happens naturally or was a genuine response, then yea we cool. But I've had sweat sqauds before where the last person will try and boop the snoot as a last plea for mercy.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I tried so hard to get the remaining Feng in my trial to do it. Not sure if she just didn't know or not but she just stood there I crouched up to her and she just kept shaking her head up and down. She died.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,740

This is pretty much my approach, unless it becomes obvious it is a team of noobs. In that case I'll sacrifice the best two and farm with the other two

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Do it if I am crouch before getting to see you...

And not all match long I need my points as well

But I do thank you for it

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I immediately hit them and tell them to stop with my head, it's annoying every 2 matches someone refusing to play normally just because i play Pig.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited September 2021

Nay

Killer is already a party clown, no need to roleplay it as such

• AshInTheTallGrass

As a Feng main, I gasped at her blasphemy. You did well. She had to die.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    edited September 2021

If a survivor boops the snoot I will give that survivor the hatch. Sometimes I'll even let the other survivors escape.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

If you come within 2 feet of me I'm gonna kill your friends and make you watch, and then give you the hatch so you can spread the word.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I'm conflicted about it. I'm not sure I know the exact point where you've memed so much that it becomes socially awkward to kill the other team -- so I like to let them boop, but I also need a graceful way to transition back to playing, and I don't always see one.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

I always boop

• AshInTheTallGrass

Most Piggies I've encountered are not memeing, so don't worry about it too much. If anyone expects you to meme around, as opposed to just enjoying it when you do, then that's not really your problem. You have every right to play normally without feeling guilty. And if you still feel a little weird, maybe there's a compromise. Like during the EGC, if there's a Survivor in the gate, you could crouch walk to them to kinda signal a boop snoot is in order. But yeah, don't let Survivors make you feel guilty for wanting to play normally. We're not entitled to memeing, and the rarity is why it's funny to me when it does happen.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

When I play Pig I try to encourage snoot booping. I'm not one for memes but I think that this one is just plain cute and I like encouraging sportsmanship. The thing is that I never know what to do afterwards, so I just farm and spare all the survivors who did it. Not a big deal to me, I can always play another match and make up the points. It's fun.

But, like the "waving on the hook" debate, everyone clearly has their own feelings on the subject. When I myself am in the position of booping and Amanda looks like she wants me to, I don't know what I'm supposed to do afterwards. Do I run? Do I follow her? Do I just nod and go try to win like normal? Should I try booping her again when I see her next time?

I've seen basically all permutations to this. Boop and one free chance, boop and free total escape, boop and help farm, attempt to boop and take a running slash, and worst of all: the FALSE boopers. They know who they are, and they shall have to live with their shame.

I so read that in Zepp's voice. "Why?" "It's the RULEZZZ".

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

My basic rule is if it's super early in the match a boop gets you a pass and I go to the next person. At the end of the game I'll let them go if they boop.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Anyone who boops me -- unless you've acted like a tool in the match at some point -- gets a pass and lives, whether it's the beginning, middle, or end of a match. A lot of times, it's the last survivor who does it looking for mercy, and it gets them a hatch/door. Sometimes, it's an entire team doing it at the beginning of a match, and everyone ends up in a farming match. It's fun for me either way -- I've been a Rank 1 killer and get enough sweat in enough of my "regular" matches that a casual, "fun" game isn't going to make me lose any sleep. I don't fault Pigs who don't go along with the meme -- my own code with Piggy is just that: mine. When I play survivor, I don't expect a Pig I face to honor any booping, though it's always a great surprise and a lot of fun when they do.

The only thing that peeves me about it is when someone fake boops, whether it's a survivor to me or the Pig to me (or a teammate) as a survivor. I once had a Feng who faked a snoot boop only to drop a pallet on my head instead and teabag me afterwards -- her death was especially sweet, lol. 😂

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Heya folk.

Just dropping in to remind everyone that the snoot you are booping belongs to a dead pig that amanda wears as a mask.

Enjoy the rest of your day! :D

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,956

Not a pig main but it's annoying and I get a free down from it so

• AshInTheTallGrass

I'm lucky to have never encountered a fake booper, but all I got to say about that is:

• Artemisha
    Artemisha Member Posts: 401

One of the killers I enjoy more to play with is The Piggy. I always try boop the snoot. And not when killer has me on a dead zone like last chance. I usually approach to them bend on my knees from long distance.

It´s very nice when Piggy follow the meme and play nice. I don´t expect a farming game, just a nice game. U play nice, I slow down repairing, thats all.

On the other hand, there are players specially rude that will transform the try on "boop the snoot" on 2 free hits and a hook. And ulterior tunnel. These players completely dishonor the character and ruin all the fun of the game. Transforming something nice into something very disgusting,

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545

Its a cringe meme

• SvarturSteinn
    SvarturSteinn Member Posts: 58

I think it's adorable, one of the few joys killers can have in this game.