The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Stats on the rage quitting/dc culture

Is there any official stats about the rage quitting/dc culture? Something like the percentage of players who intentionally disconnected from a game in progress in the past 60 days more than once on average per day or gaming session ?

My best guess is that's between 10% and 35% but it would be nice to have some official stats on this.

Comments

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    If u play nurse very good u can expect at least 25% DC rate. 
    Currently, I havent seen so many DCs before when I play Legion. 3 DCs happens pretty often.
    Also, if u down someone super quick u know he's going to dc now and it really happens. Fot example a luck shot with Billy chainsaw across the map in the first 20 seconds.
    Also, if u down someone twice in a row (after unhook) is something what survivors really dislike and leave the match.
    All in all, average DC rare for me is between 10-25%
  • micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95

It's way too damn high, that's for sure.

I've never played a game where there is such a huge issue with DCing, the DbD playerbase is extremely pissy and opinionated when it comes to how this game should be played.

If something in their mind is overpowered or annoying, they will simply opt out. This mindset is so toxic and annoying it is beyond belief.

And all of this in a game that has literally no incentive to stay high rank at all.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Wouldn't be the best idea to publish such stats, at lead from bhvr perspective....

Everybody playing the game knows how bad the dcING situation really is
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

It's not as bad as people expect. Right now the stats would be heavily skewed, especially on PS4, due to the disconnects caused by the patch. But if you aren't being a jerk by camping/tunneling or other really annoying things like 3 gen doc then you can expect pretty low rage quit rates. Like if I show up with Iridescent Heads on Huntress then I can expect a very right rate of rage quitting.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@DelizSeemack said:
    Is there any official stats about the rage quitting/dc culture? Something like the percentage of players who intentionally disconnected from a game in progress in the past 60 days more than once on average per day or gaming session ?

My best guess is that's between 10% and 35% but it would be nice to have some official stats on this.

Doesn't matter. I mean hell if you wanna ragequit without impunity you just need to ######### on the first hook and apparently the mods on here claim it's fine and want to harass you about disagreeing about their "that's that" mentality.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

It's also going to be heavily skewed by the killer dc exploit which counts as a dc for the 4 survivors and it's rampant on consoles.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I've had lots of games where privalged Survivors DC for crap reasons, I literally had a guy tell me he DCd on me because Doctor was boring. That statement coupled with me going in with the intent on letting them win because I was only doing a daily makes him a privalged idiot with no care about anyone but himself. I get those a lot, if the Survivor isn't satisfied they just leave, if they feel they weren't treated fairly, i.e win, then they leave. If they leave too early in the game I lose and don't get enough points, if they leave later in the game I just laugh because they sucked, but when they ALL LEAVE and make a damn joke out of it it's bullshit!

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@purebalance said:

@DelizSeemack said:

Doesn't matter. I mean hell if you wanna ragequit without impunity you just need to [BAD WORD] on the first hook and apparently the mods on here claim it's fine and want to harass you about disagreeing about their "that's that" mentality.

The ban appeals from people rage quitting keep proving otherwise and you have to rage quit in a big % of your games in a short duration to get flagged. The mods have also never claimed it's ok to disconnect on the 1st hook and it's fine.

When you post something so blatantly untrue it calls into question whether anything you say can be believed anymore. They also don't harass you but if you cross the line into mental faculty type insults they will say something.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

In my experience, the average DC rate per trial is close to 25%, not including those who don't make it into the actual trial.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

It's not as bad as people expect. Right now the stats would be heavily skewed, especially on PS4, due to the disconnects caused by the patch. But if you aren't being a jerk by camping/tunneling or other really annoying things like 3 gen doc then you can expect pretty low rage quit rates. Like if I show up with Iridescent Heads on Huntress then I can expect a very right rate of rage quitting.

Then perhaps its time the developers took a look at why people are disconnecting.

Don't get me wrong, many do it because they're babies. If they go down in the first 30 seconds they'll DC. Third hook? DC. If the killer is doing good? DC.

In cases above though. Iridescent heads are a DC. If I burn a mori or black ward, there's a good chance that someone will quit out on the loading screen. People get a bit pissed off by OP things. Likewise as a killer they tend to dodge lobbies full of toolboxes or flashlights. Its harder as killer though because you don't know when they've got 4 Instaheals/BNP/DS.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

From what we've seen from the livestream statistics, it seems that DCs count as "kills". It'd be interesting to see the true kill rates of all various killers with DCs filtered out of the stats.

On topic, when I play killer I generally get 1 DC ever other game or so. Mostly playing Spirit.

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

5 to 10% of my games in A DAY have a DC. That's my experience.

• DelizSeemack
    DelizSeemack Member Posts: 10

@Master said:
    Wouldn't be the best idea to publish such stats, at lead from bhvr perspective....

If everybody knows, what's wrong in publishing the stats?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@DelizSeemack said:

@Master said:

If everybody knows, what's wrong in publishing the stats?

Because thats how you prevent other players from buying the game, someone with several hundreds of hours has bought the game and most DLCs probably anyway