The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

People that DC

xboxternoph
xboxternoph Member Posts: 3
edited December 2018 in General Discussions
There should be a harsher penalty for DCs in the game.

I do SWF with 1 other but it seems like people DC too much during the day. 

Like getting tunneled and hooked early in the match....DC. Being the first dowm and hooked...DC. I don't see it as often in evening.

Make the penalty harsher for early disconnects. Something like unable to be matched for xxxx amount of time could work. As it stands, there's no real penalty to discourage people from DCing.

Comments

• Loinburgers
    Loinburgers Member Posts: 9

I mean I think the complete loss of bloodpoints for that match plus losing 2 ranks is pretty harsh though some feel losing rank is a bonus due to issues finding matches. As a killer I don't mind Dcs so much just makes the match easier for me. As a survivor it definitely triggers me to no end. I just think it's fine as it is.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@xboxternoph said:

Like getting tunneled and hooked early in the match....DC. Being the first dowm and hooked...DC. I don't see it as often in evening.

Make the penalty harsher for early disconnects. Something like unable to be matched for xxxx amount of time could work. As it stands, there's no real penalty to discourage people from DCing.

Whenever they announced Dedicated Servers they mentioned that punishing DC's would be possible. So i'm assuming they aren't possible atm or something but will be when Dedicated Servers come out.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    They need to address the reasons why people DC first.

Lag is a major issue. Looking at the ping doesn't always work. I've had games where the ping looks fine yet I end up getting teleported all over in game. Whats the point in staying in a game like that?

And then there's the farming. Trolls who pull people off hooks instantly. That always gets a lot of DC's I've noticed. I don't blame people for disconnecting if they get intentionally farmed. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@MyNamePete said:

@xboxternoph said:

Whenever they announced Dedicated Servers they mentioned that punishing DC's would be possible. So i'm assuming they aren't possible atm or something but will be when Dedicated Servers come out.

People get banned for DCing all the time.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836

@xboxternoph said:

Bans are given out on PC.

On Console, currently all they can do us log the reports and maybe one day ban them when the dedicated servers are up.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@The_Crusader said:
    They need to address the reasons why people DC first.

Lag is a major issue. Looking at the ping doesn't always work. I've had games where the ping looks fine yet I end up getting teleported all over in game. Whats the point in staying in a game like that?

And then there's the farming. Trolls who pull people off hooks instantly. That always gets a lot of DC's I've noticed. I don't blame people for disconnecting if they get intentionally farmed. 

Yeah getting farmed by a WGLF troll is really annoying and killers ping is fine but one survivor starts skipping across the map or lagging everyone out or the killer does. Hopefully once the dedicated servers come out it'll be a lot smoother.

• Arsoul
    Arsoul Member Posts: 320

I DC'd twice last night, playing, then screen froze, went black then PS4 blue error screen. YAY

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

@ModernFable said:
    MyNamePete said:

@xboxternoph said:

Bans are given out on PC.

On Console, currently all they can do us log the reports and maybe one day ban them when the dedicated servers are up.

Won't happen.
    I guarantee it.

• DelizSeemack
    DelizSeemack Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2018

Check out my IMPROVED PENALTIES FOR RAGE QUITTING/INTENTIONALLY DISCONNECTING thread.

There are some good ideas already on how to improve those penalties.

Post edited by DelizSeemack on
  • xboxternoph
    xboxternoph Member Posts: 3
    I play both day and night.

I should record the amount of DCs during day vs night and post the statistics. It's that different to me.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

On console it's a regular thing.