RCPD is back

Options
xEa
xEa Member Posts: 4,105
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

Just played the Police Department the first time after it was shut down and i wonder..

...why? Why bring it back when it is still the same joke of a map as it used to be? What were you even doing? Bug fixes? Who cares about that, the map itself is a bug. It is like baking a birthday cake and put the candles in the eggs first.

I say this as a RE Fan from Day 1. Please, for the sake of the level design gods who are all in deep pain when they look at this crap: Remove the map or rework it completly. Its terrible for a multiplayer game, plain simple.

Thank you.

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

The map is great... For Pig. I got to play it twice yesterday. The heads go pop pop, pop pop. But anyways, content is content, I HATE Badham so much, I do not want it disabled, though.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

They should just split it in half to make it two separate maps. Not sure why they haven’t done that yet.

• xEa
    Options

Its not about the hate, its about how terrible designed that map is. Your pig example should be prove enought, that his map does not work.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 624
    Options

I played on it last night as killer. Had two people left who were too scared to do gens. Good luck finding them LOL.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297
    Options

This map is really good and fine as it is, just play more on it then you will learn the loops, the generators ect

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Rpd is ba-🤮🤮🤮🤮

• SvarturSteinn
    SvarturSteinn Member Posts: 58
    Options

It literally takes so long to get to the gens if you play with a friend you could complete every single one of them in the killer's face while they have discordance on. On top of that there's multiple levels on both sides making it extremely safe to just hide if you hear the radius.

It's a good map for stealth killers, but anyone without a mechanic to hide their radius will have a better time running no way out and bloodwarden because that's the only time you'll find the survivors and it makes it boring as hell to do as a survivor.

• xEa
    Options

"just play more on it"

My "scrimcount" on this map is probably above 100, i played it enough to know that it is the worst garbage map every released in a mulitplayer game (and i played a lot). Yet, they did not change anything, while the overwhelming majority of the community is baffeled on how a maze with countless deadzones (obvious for a maze, i know) makes it into the game.

I guess the license and estetics count more these days then actual gameplay. Not suprised the sightest.

• Anara
    Options

Its my favorite map I love playing on it both sides and I dont have issues finding generators and survivors.

But maybe because I played RE2 Its easier for me.

Idk but I dont want that map to be removed or reworked I love it as it is. And Im not the only one to enjoy this map.

I want more maps like that instead of boring Autohaven maps like.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,971
    Options

RPD is back you say?

Alright folks, party's over...

• ShakeyGames
    ShakeyGames Member Posts: 140
    Options

What's wrong with the map? It is confusing as hell the first couple of times you're on it...but it's been half a year since it was added, guys. And since it is the same map every time with almost no variation, it can be memorised easily. It is good for both survivor and killer.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,325
    Options

I like the RPD map. Splitting it would make it another tiny indoor map like Hawkins. No thanks

• xEa
    Options

Whats wrong with it?

Super slim and long hallways which leave gameplay to the absolut minimum. Gigantic multilayer size. Deadzones everywhere. Even shortcuts make it a chore to get from one level to the next. Countless hiding spots. God windows vs completly irrelevant pallets or windows. Not ballanced at all. For many killer absolutly horrible. Every chase oriented survivor gets headace only thinking about this map.

I could go on and on. The only positive that comes to mind is the iconic status, but if i want to be in RCPD, i play RE2 on PS1 or the remake version of it.

• Anara
    edited September 2021
    Options

Deadzones everywhere ? Are we playing the same map ?

You said this map is horrible for killers, my last game is 4K with Clown in this map with only two generators done.

I said Clown... if this killer can do 4K in this map, all killers can.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    Options

I cannot wait for this map to either die a painful death that it rightfully deserves, or get a much needed rework.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

And people have got 4ks with speed limiter Bubba on Haddonfield. Doesn’t mean the map isn’t unbalanced or annoying as hell to play on because you can win on it sometimes.

This is a bad argument in general. I killed some survivors as 1 blink Nurse at 4 gens a while back, does that mean 1 blink Nurse is good? No, it doesn’t.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

My guess would be not wanting to annoy the lisence holder. Even if it isn't strictly prohibited, it's a bad look for the company to essentially tell someone that powerful "hey, your maps sucks and we need to fix it".

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 368
    Options

I'm glad it's back because I got to try out Pinhead on it and he's surprisingly not bad on it? If you run impaling wire on the map he becomes pretty goddamn silly because chains will constantly assault survivors due to all the tight corners on the map. Although I wish they'd put a hook in the library, I'm noticing more and more people are running up to the top corner of the library because you can't hook them since everything else is so far away from that point, it's getting pretty scummy.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

They probably brought it back to try to keep all the resident evil players to stay. Nemesis brought a chunk of people to this game and lets face it. It has horrible retention rates.