The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

For the love of god just don't talk.

FIEND8LOODED
FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Please. PLEASE. If a game doesn't go your way, just DON'T TALK. I am so ######### sick and tired of hearing "nice camping pathetic killer" after their ENTIRE team body blocked to save one person, or something similar. So please, just DON'T TALK. Drop a polite gg, vent to your friends or something if you need to and be done with it. I'm not super happy that I have to endure ######### talk after every game just because I, the killer, didn't play the way the survivors wanted.

Comments

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    half the fun is being toxic.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    1.  i don't particularly care for capital letters and besides, i look like a rebel when i don't conform.

2.  being an "#########" is a matter of perception.  it is usually an observation made by one that can't decipher an obvious attempt at humor.  as for myself and any complex associated with such an idea, i feel remarkably content and guilt-free.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    lmao.  i feel...i am not sure how to feel about that.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Abyssionknight said:
    I Get What You're Saying About People Who Are Toxic After The Match Being Annoying, But I Think You're Letting It Get To You A Little Too Much. It Can Definitely Sting To Deal With A Game Full Of Survivors Who Behave In A Toxic Fashion, With You Trying Your Best All Game, Only To Have Them Berate You After The Match, Whether You Win Or Lose.

My Suggestion To You Would Be To Just Leave The Match Right Away. Maybe Type A Quick GG And Leave, But Don't Stick Around To Read What People Say. It's Not An Ideal Solution, But You Should Be Playing To Have Fun, And If Something In The Game Is Ruining Your Fun, Then I Think It's Fair To Avoid It; Especially When It's Something As Minor As An End Game Chat Screen.

Also To Ease Your Discomfort With EpicFailTryHard's Lack Of Upper Case Letters, I've Made Every Single Word In My Message Capitalised. ;)

C E A S E

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited June 2018

What's even funnier is when 2 trolls are in post game chat trying to insult you as the killer after making another person rage quit and bragging about it. They've been raging that I won't leave the end of game chat screen for the last 15 mins or so. I'd post the video of the chat but no name and shame sadly lol.

But in all seriousness it's a game people, just try and have fun and if things go back just mentally yell at them in post game chat.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tombstone218 said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    half the fun is being toxic.

Two things.

1. Why are your posts always lacking proper capitalization?
    2. Being toxic certainly isn't and you seem like an #########.

Toxicity and the grind are the only things that keep the game alive atm

• Tylenol
    Tylenol Member Posts: 4

I like to screenshot toxic chat and put it up in my showcase on my Steam profile. It turns the toxicity from, well, toxic, to kind of a joke.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

@Tylenol said:
    I like to screenshot toxic chat and put it up in my showcase on my Steam profile. It turns the toxicity from, well, toxic, to kind of a joke.

:: EDGINESS INTENSIFIES ::

Also OP, people talk #########, get over it. I saw a killer last night tell someone that he hopes their family murders them because they used DS & that was after he facecamped me & hit me on the hook repeatedly for breaking his ruin totem after the game had already been dragging on for 10+ minutes.

• FIEND8LOODED

@Abyssionknight said:
    I Get What You're Saying About People Who Are Toxic After The Match Being Annoying, But I Think You're Letting It Get To You A Little Too Much. It Can Definitely Sting To Deal With A Game Full Of Survivors Who Behave In A Toxic Fashion, With You Trying Your Best All Game, Only To Have Them Berate You After The Match, Whether You Win Or Lose.

My Suggestion To You Would Be To Just Leave The Match Right Away. Maybe Type A Quick GG And Leave, But Don't Stick Around To Read What People Say. It's Not An Ideal Solution, But You Should Be Playing To Have Fun, And If Something In The Game Is Ruining Your Fun, Then I Think It's Fair To Avoid It; Especially When It's Something As Minor As An End Game Chat Screen.

Also To Ease Your Discomfort With EpicFailTryHard's Lack Of Upper Case Letters, I've Made Every Single Word In My Message Capitalised. ;)

Thank you, I appreciate the capitalization.

• FIEND8LOODED

@mintchapstick said:

@Tylenol said:

:: EDGINESS INTENSIFIES ::

Also OP, people talk #########, get over it. I saw a killer last night tell someone that he hopes their family murders them because they used DS & that was after he facecamped me & hit me on the hook repeatedly for breaking his ruin totem after the game had already been dragging on for 10+ minutes.

But like, they don't have to. It's not difficult to just not be an #########.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

@Tombstone218 said:
    But like, they don't have to. It's not difficult to just not be an #########.

You're 100% right about that, however, people aren't going to stop, unfortunately. A lot of the players of DbD are children, either literally or in terms of how mature they are/aren't.

You just need to learn to let it roll off your back, because you can't control those people, you can only control yourself & your behavior.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

It's a game, there's gonna be ######### talking.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Doing this post on the forum won't stop them ######### talking to you.

If anything they should just delete the chat altogether and consider people going to someone profil or screenshot to post vitriol as a bannable offense since it would technicly be multiplatform harrasment and it's a bannable offense.