Why is pinky finger still in the game?

Should’ve been changed with iri head, there’s zero reason for it to exist, especially on a killer that slows survivors down, making it very easy to land shots. It’s silly.

Comments

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

I haven’t played in days so that’s a pretty bad assumption on your behalf

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,960

because clown needs to hit you directly with the bottle and after that he needs to melee you

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

It can feel unfair to go down because of it but I don't think it's a big deal considering it's on a low tier killer.

• Pikachaouuu
    Pikachaouuu Member Posts: 87

There is a good reason why despite having an expose effect clown is kind of the definition of low tier killer these days.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

He has like 5 seconds to melee you for the down after a direct

He's no better than default leatherface with that addon

• Kasamsky
    Kasamsky Member Posts: 264

Tbh i only play clown with pinky finger, for me the only way to make him fun in red ranks.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

I got called a hacker by a survivor I downed using this add-on. He said “you hit me twice before I vaulted” lol.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

It’s just dumb that they kept that yet removed his exhaustion bottles. Both were op and needed removal. Giving clown easy to access exposed is just dumb

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

All rare and ultra-rare add-ons break the game since the make the killer unintentionally stronger in any way. There can't be any "balance" when addons are a thing.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Exactly, all these people comparing pinky finger to iri-head while that's not the point... both are dumb and not fun at all to play against.

• Phasmamain

Because it’s a dumb add on that turns clown from a C tier killer to a high B tier killer?

• Phasmamain

Not only is it unfun it actively hinders a clown player learning. It encourages you to just spams direct bottles at someone until you get the direct and go for a down. I’m all for playstyle changing add ons but they have to be interesting changes

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
    edited September 2021

Iri head was changed to only have one hatchet no matter any other add-ons which is what they originally intended for it before people started combining it with infantry belt. It's still an instant down. Iri-addons are more often then not going to be powerful. Huntress has her iri hatchets which are an instant down. Red heads pinky finger is an instant down if the clown can hit you directly then hit you with his weapon. trickster has an add-on that exposes you when you are about to be injured by his knives. Michael has perma tier 3 and instant kills. Nemesis has an iri add-on that exposes people who use the antidote. Iridescent blight tag insta downs if you hit the survivor on your last rush. Twins have an add-on that expose you if you crush victor. Hell trapper has a purple add-on that can bring survivors from healthy to dying. Why are you complaining specifically about pinky finger when loads of better killers have similar iridescents or powers that can do what pinky finger does better.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

Fun isn't a balance metric and the game doesn't operate on your tastes

• Phasmamain

Either way the add on isn’t balanced. It gives clown an insane benefit (insta downs) with little cost or effort

• Phasmamain

Trickster’s is pretty much the same but on a 110% killer and is slightly harder to hit

Michael’s perma T3 comes at a huge cost to his early game and he can potentially lose due to a bad T1. Clown has no such downside

Nemesis’ add on is fairly useless since most people use the vaccine far away from him.

Twin’s is only on an idle Victor so it will only work once against coordinating survivors.

Honing stone while strong isn’t really used since bags and setting tools are generally better

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Even with it he just becomes a bad bubba whose power can't break pallets and can be dodged even when point blank if your good at juking along with being unable to hurt let alone insta down several survivors like bubba can.

He also has a 1 second cooldown on his bottle throw with a 1.5 total second cooldown before he can throw again(The same as a missed basic attack) because of his prep/throw animations.

So if he misses even a single bottle he is in theory(I know its not in practice because of the post hit speed burst) losing time over just basic attacking you twice let alone how many throws most clowns need.

• WalterBlack
    WalterBlack Member Posts: 148

What would you suggest they change it to? A lot of ultra rares feel useless or detrimental, so try and come up with something good.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

A lot harder to hit survivor with a botlle plus he still needs to hit you huntress iri head requested nothing but one good shot from any distance pinky finger is strong but nothing to complain about in my opinion especially because it's iri add on which u won't go against often maybe 1/100 matches if even than

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,876

That’s 95% of the complaint threads on here. 😂

I’m guilty of it. We just need to vent sometimes haha!

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Clown is so bad, I wouldnt care even if this add on was somehow stronger.

Who cares? Its a ######### clown lol

• WexlerWendigo

Some of us think 24/7, doesn’t really concern me whether some random on the internet believes me.

• WexlerWendigo

lol being a bad killer doesn’t give an excuse for busted add ons (see pig’s that make it impossible to check every box), buff them and remove them, simple as

• WexlerWendigo

Bottles now cause the ‘break’ action, regressing generators from afar and break pallets over x amount of seconds. This would increase the lack of map pressure he has, as he doesn’t need to walk up to a gen to pop it, and he can zone survivors who stay near a pallet, encouraging them to find an exit ASAP.

Pretty easy, considering I came up with this in 30 seconds and I’m not a video game dev. BHVR have no excuse.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Complaining about Clown 😂 He's not even that good with the addon, pretty easy to dodge it also. And it's pretty rare with Clowns using this. Now everyone use it because of the hit exposed survivors challange.

• WexlerWendigo

Didn’t complain about clown at all, only one add on. Although complaining about him is fine because he’s one of the laziest killers ever made.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I'd say it's a lot harder for a clown to activate this, it's pretty easy to make him miss even when holding it in your face if you run around erratically, actually kinda rare I get hit with it.

Also it's generally smart to always assume he's got it unless you know for sure and never let the bottles hit you

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526
    edited September 2021

That's the problem with a lot of powerful Red add-ons. The only balance is in the rarity, so you can't do this every time unless of course, you grind BP with someone else and only play that Killer when you have access to OP addons. It's like how every time I face Trapper he almost always has the addon to reset his traps after 30 seconds.

I personally would like to see all these gimmicky OP addons removed for things that only buff current mechanics. Like Trapper being able to carry more traps or, Clown can carry more bottles, Huntress can carry more hatchets, reducing cool downs and, improving speeds.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

So, let's nerf an addon that takes one of the worst killers in the game from trash to bad just because? Sure

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

it's a pretty bs add on but usually i get the clown that misses all bottles

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

Imagine saying this when Rusty Shackles and Wraith's addons exist lmao

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
  • danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

Since the 3-second reload was introduced, it's become more problematic, since you can dodge all his bottles perfectly and then he's throwing more at you pretty much immediately. But it's mostly fine. It's so hard to hit bottles directly on the survivors, especially when they know to dodge them. The amount of time you could spend trying to hit survivors with the bottles is almost the same amount of time you'd spend just hitting them twice.

• WexlerWendigo
  • imguadalupe
    imguadalupe Member Posts: 22

Honestly, I'm super surprised this is still here. I rarely run into it so I guess it's not a blip on the radar.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Iri head was 3 instadowns from any range at any time. Clown has to actually m1 you.